Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.9

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Maybe the best foundation for all skin types except very dry.This foundation need suitable silicone primer το “write” raigh otherwise bame easy caky and looks heavy.I use Nyx pore filler primer ...this silikones create the ideal canva for easy smooth application ever under the eyes.
The color shades of double wear are the best you can find for the human skin lol.

I have Fitzpatrick 2 and I use 2c3 fresco in winter.3c2 pebble and 4c3 soft tan in summer. Also combinations. These shaver are cool / rosy.maybe turn ashy sometimes but I don’t like orange ...yellow etc from the N and W line for no reason
Hope help

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quite simply, the best and most versatile foundation on the market. It is a high coverage, long wearing foundation, available in 36 shades. With that as a start, you can then mix it with other products and alter it for other purposes. If you are feeling dry and want a more dewy finish, add in your favourite face oil. If you want more of a glow, mix in one of your glowy type primers e.g. MAC Strobe Cream. If you want to change the tone of it, add in a tint of mix it with one of your other foundations. If you want a more sheer finish, mix it in with your moisturiser or SPF. It honestly can't be beat. I have tried countless other foundations, I guess to just try something new, but each time, without fail I come back to this and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place.

Im not certain I have the words to describe how much a hate this crusty a** foundation.
Skin type = normal to kinda dry
This foundation was cakey, dry as all hell, every single colour/undertone is orange/peachy/pinky blehh vomit gross. Thick cakey horrible ugly orange hot mess. Why do so many people like this pumpless bottle of s***??

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wear this foundation in the shade 'Tawny' on a daily basis and have for around 2 years since finding it and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
It leaves my skin looking so flawless, i apply it early in the morning then go through a full 8 hours at work, then a night out, and come home to it looking just as beautiful as when i first applied it.
The coverage is full, yet not cakey. It doesn't oxidise on me or settle into my fine lines which i've noticed most other matte, full coverage foundations do. It blends well and doesn't transfer.
This is my holy grail and I've repurchased many a times. Although my skin is no where near perfect I get so many compliments when wearing it!
Definitely recommend going to get colour matched and picking this up if you're in the market for an amazing foundation :)

( i use a mac pump with it, fits perfectly) x

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love it. EL loves my skin. It melts into my face, doesn't set on top. It looks and feels natural. Stays on a long time. I feel like myself wearing it. I've used ALOT of foundations. If you like EL then try double wear. I work in office and need my makeup to last all day. This does.

I was excited to buy this foundation after reading so many positive reviews! However, it was awful! I have quite dry skin and it just clung to and enhanced my bad areas!! It was so cakey as well. I would not buy this product again

I first bought this foundation to wear as an everyday foundation, I wore it for a while until one day I realised it had horrible lines around my face from where the make up wasn't blended!! I had been matched with a shade too dark and was embarrassed that I had been walking about like that for weeks! So it went to my make up bag and wasn't used again until a while later when I was going out one night and I thought I would give it a try again, I wear dark fake tan when I go out so this time it looked fine on my face (very high coverage) and what I found was its great for when you're going out as it stays on your face all night! And it matched my skin this time. So basically this is far too heavy feeling ..almost cement like on your face for everyday wear but it's great for nights out as it doesn't budge, I would buy again for that reason :) .. I now wear this foundation every night out I go! Oh and also if you have dry skin I would put on a lot of moisturiser on before putting this on as it's quick drying and can leave streaks and stick to dry patches

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Alright, so I'm on my third bottle of this, so yes, I am a believer. This foundation has a lot of pluses! But also some mediocre points.

Pros:
-SUPER long wear
-Excellent,medium to full coverage
-Good color range (I was a fan before they added more shades, but now there is actually one that matches me)
-Doesn't break out my sensitive skin

Cons:
-It will stain everything it gets on to
-It can accentuate your pores without a primer underneath
-It dries pretty fast

So I have rosacea, and I am about as pale as a ghost to boot, so finding a foundation that looks natural, covers my redness, and is kind to my skin is difficult. I also work full time and go to school, so my foundation sometimes has to go untouched for 16-18 hours and look good. I've tried both the high end and drug store, and nothing has DW's staying power. With a touch of powder during the day, it looks nearly as good as it did when I put it on, which to me is pretty amazing. The coverage is also amazing, I can build it from a pretty light coverage on my good skin days to complete full coverage for a special event without a lot of hassle. The right tool to apply this is crucial, though - I like both the Beauty blender sponge (this foundation will stain the crud out of it though) and a good stippling brush (I just got the Real Techniques one, and I like it a lot). I've tried with those triangular sponges, traditional foundation brushes, and flat top powder brushes, and it just doesn't look quite the same. You do have to work with it quickly or it will dry on you, and then you'd better just wash your face and start all over as that's the only way you're going to get it off.

I have large pores, and this will accentuate them a bit if I don't prime underneath. Not a big deal in my world, as no one gets that close to me to see my pores if I forget in the morning.

Overall? I love it. It's been good to me, especially with the expanded color range. I will cry a lot if they ever discontinue this. The only drug store foundation that comes close to this one is the Maybelline 24 hour Foundation, but it breaks me out badly (other than that it's great!).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this foundation for years and will continue to do so, it glides on and stays put all day, i never even have to think about how it looks at all. It covers well and looks as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning.
The only con is that you really have to make sure its blended in well and you have no tell-tale lines on your face/neck.

Yes its expensive but definitely worth the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Double wear was the first high end foundation I ever used, and I still use it to this day! Although I may purchase other foundations, I always have this one in my collection as it is a must have for covering up problem skin. I am the colour ECRU and this suits my skin perfectly (in the winter!). I find with this foundation the shades are very skin like, unlike some cheaper brands which shades tend to all be a variety of orange!

Pro's
Full Coverage
Lovely true-to-skin shades
Covers up imperfections better than any other foundations
Transfer & sweat resistant - stays on ALL day
Matt finish
Doesn't feel cakey

Con's
Smells like paint
Gives you really bad flashback in photographs - not sure if this is just the pale shades, make sure you wear plenty of bronzer if you are going to be photographed!
Messy bottle

Given all the above, I will definately continue to purchase this foundation as nothing is comparable to it really. People comment on how lovely my skin is but its really not that great without make-up! If you are looking for a high coverage foundation that lasts all day then you will love this.

If you are looking for a radiant and natural looking foundation then this may not be for you.