Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quite simply, the best and most versatile foundation on the market. It is a high coverage, long wearing foundation, available in 36 shades. With that as a start, you can then mix it with other products and alter it for other purposes. If you are feeling dry and want a more dewy finish, add in your favourite face oil. If you want more of a glow, mix in one of your glowy type primers e.g. MAC Strobe Cream. If you want to change the tone of it, add in a tint of mix it with one of your other foundations. If you want a more sheer finish, mix it in with your moisturiser or SPF. It honestly can't be beat. I have tried countless other foundations, I guess to just try something new, but each time, without fail I come back to this and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place.

Excellent product delivering great coverage and fantastic staying power. No smudging, redness seeping through or discomfort. Simply loving it. The color "Sand" is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wear this foundation in the shade 'Tawny' on a daily basis and have for around 2 years since finding it and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
It leaves my skin looking so flawless, i apply it early in the morning then go through a full 8 hours at work, then a night out, and come home to it looking just as beautiful as when i first applied it.
The coverage is full, yet not cakey. It doesn't oxidise on me or settle into my fine lines which i've noticed most other matte, full coverage foundations do. It blends well and doesn't transfer.
This is my holy grail and I've repurchased many a times. Although my skin is no where near perfect I get so many compliments when wearing it!
Definitely recommend going to get colour matched and picking this up if you're in the market for an amazing foundation :)

( i use a mac pump with it, fits perfectly) x

I worked for Lauder way back in '97 & did so for several years. I got hooked on this foundation & can't make a change. I have tried MAC, Lancôme, some cheapies with good reviews but nothing is as good as this, in my opinion. It stays on, the color is perfect for my skin tone & I love the coverage.

This has been my favorite foundation for 2 years. I always get compliments on my complexion when i wear it. Blurs out imperfections and fine lines. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and always use a makeup setting spray. A must have!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I recently took the plunge and bought this product after getting colour matched. I matched to 1C0 Shell and it's the perfect match for my skin. I couldn't be happier. I suffer with rosacea which varies from mild to severe depending on a flare up. This covers it perfectly! I use a beauty blender and I've finally mastered how much I usually need. Unfortunately the lack of a pump is annoying as it can be difficult to determine how much is coming out at once but you get a knack for it after a while.

Perfect for my oily/ combo skin.

100% never going back to any of my old foundations! I've found my HG!

*Update* - You can now buy a pump for this and at £5 for the pump I think it was worth it as it stops me wasting so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! I purchased the new formula Estee Lauder Double Wear Medium Coverage in Ivory Beige and it holds up all day. I purchased this product years ago and it was too heavy which resulted in excess oil and pimples by the end of the day. The new formula has changed my life! I have oily skin and I find it stays in place all day while still maintaining that matte look while I am at work. Doesn't oxidize like my MAC foundation did which was an added bonus. I also found it held up great in photo's despite having SPF in it.

The only negative is that it is difficult to get out of the bottle as Estee Lauder don't sell a pump with it. The solution is to purchase the MAC pump which they sell for their own foundation and use it on this bottle. It fits perfectly and comes out effortlessly.

Most Estee Lauder representatives from Myer will give you a sample to take away with you after colour matching you so your able to trial it before buying.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Another HG product! Double wear foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation which can be used daily. Its matte for me and has a decent staying powder. I use the shade tawny which is a good match for my skin tone. My friends say that this foundation covers my pores and makes my skin look really good while not even seeming medium or full coverage which is a great thing. I also use NARS sheer glow and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. In comparison, this lasts the longest while luminous silk doesn't last as well. NARS gives the best glow to my skin while luminous silk is the moooost natural looking and the smoothest. So I use all of them for different purposes. A point to note is that the shades look very different from each other in the bottle so maybe that't why some look more natural or glowly than the others.

As this product lasts pretty long and has a good coverage, just be careful of removing it really well as it might clog your pores if you don't remove it well before sleeping or something.

I love it. Its my foundation for more than 5 years. The only thing u gotta be carefull with is to apple a moisturizer before cause it tends to dry ur skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

And I thought Clarins Everlasting was good...
The Everlasting stopped working for me in a month time...my skin started getting really greasy when I was wearing that foundation. So, I was on a hunt for a new HG! Grabbed a sample of the DW,decided that I would definitely buy! This keeps me mat for at least 4 hours,which is insane with my skin. Depending on the weather and what I am doing I can even get through the day without blotting. The maximum I have worn this is almost 20 hours and I blotted once. I apply very little amount of the foundation for a more natural look and it looks amazing. The only problem is it gets in my pores a little but nothing that can't be fixed. Love it! Recommend it!