Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

This has been my favorite foundation for 2 years. I always get compliments on my complexion when i wear it. Blurs out imperfections and fine lines. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and always use a makeup setting spray. A must have!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I recently took the plunge and bought this product after getting colour matched. I matched to 1C0 Shell and it's the perfect match for my skin. I couldn't be happier. I suffer with rosacea which varies from mild to severe depending on a flare up. This covers it perfectly! I use a beauty blender and I've finally mastered how much I usually need. Unfortunately the lack of a pump is annoying as it can be difficult to determine how much is coming out at once but you get a knack for it after a while.

100% never going back to any of my old foundations! I've found my HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! I purchased the new formula Estee Lauder Double Wear Medium Coverage in Ivory Beige and it holds up all day. I purchased this product years ago and it was too heavy which resulted in excess oil and pimples by the end of the day. The new formula has changed my life! I have oily skin and I find it stays in place all day while still maintaining that matte look while I am at work. Doesn't oxidize like my MAC foundation did which was an added bonus. I also found it held up great in photo's despite having SPF in it.

The only negative is that it is difficult to get out of the bottle as Estee Lauder don't sell a pump with it. The solution is to purchase the MAC pump which they sell for their own foundation and use it on this bottle. It fits perfectly and comes out effortlessly.

Most Estee Lauder representatives from Myer will give you a sample to take away with you after colour matching you so your able to trial it before buying.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't purchased the new reformulated product, but I've been using this for about a year- not daily though because it is pretty heavy, but this is a medium-full coverage foundation. My fave foundation! And I've tried so many! It lasts long & does not oxidize, nor separate even in the heat. It's perfect for my skin! I am combo/oily, but because summer is in the corner I tend to be more on the oily side. I will repurchase when I run out! Worth the price! I wish they included a pump without having to purchase separately, but overall even the packaging is great!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. I tried it back in 2015 and I thought that a long lasting I full coverage foundation was exactly what I needed. I have combo skin (very oily t-zone and dry bits on my chin) and back then I was living in a place with very humid, warm weather. Nothing kept me looking decent, and usually after lunch I was already looking like a grease ball. I used this foundation for a while, maybe a couple of months. I cringe at the memory of it! Back then I didn’t think it looked bad, specially because I was in a very sunny, warm place like I said. But that winter I travelled to Finland for work and my gawd! Every picture I took look positively GOLDEN/OLIVE. For reference, I have light skin with yellow undertones, but now leaning more towards neutral (still warm, just not as much). I was matched to 2W2 Rattan and initially I thought it was a good match. Boy was I wrong. I was looking muddy and almost olive green in my pictures. I also noticed that it accentuated my pores horribly! And having oily skin with visible pores around my nose I always use a pore filling smoothing primer (Porefessional or Maybelline Baby Skin). The foundation looked heavy, definitely a “makeupy” looking makeup, and it creased on me (specially around my mouth – I have somewhat visible laugh lines). I tried mixing it with other foundations to see if I could make it work. The best combination was using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (I couldn’t use this one on its own because I had bought the wrong shade by mistake and it was too light for me –Shade 10). And it helped with the color issue and a bit with the finish issue too. It looked much better. Still, very difficult to make it work, not fast enough for my hectic morning routines (I’m always in a rush). Overall, not the product for me. Not by a mile. Specially now that I live in rainy, cool Ireland where it’s never that warm, and my skin is slowly adjusting to this, producing a little bit less oil (still very oily tho) and rocking a paler shade (cause sunny days are a rarity here).

- The price is kinda up there, but it's not that bad if you love the product. I don't think you need a lot of this, so it will probably last a decent amount of time.

- About the packaging: It can get messy, but everyone always comments on it. It's heavy and feels "expensive", nice glass bottle. Not the best for travelling.

- Application: I used to apply this with a beauty blender to try and sheer it out a bit and get a more natural finish. I wasn't that successful at it, as it still looked heavy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Another HG product! Double wear foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation which can be used daily. Its matte for me and has a decent staying powder. I use the shade tawny which is a good match for my skin tone. My friends say that this foundation covers my pores and makes my skin look really good while not even seeming medium or full coverage which is a great thing. I also use NARS sheer glow and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. In comparison, this lasts the longest while luminous silk doesn't last as well. NARS gives the best glow to my skin while luminous silk is the moooost natural looking and the smoothest. So I use all of them for different purposes. A point to note is that the shades look very different from each other in the bottle so maybe that't why some look more natural or glowly than the others.

As this product lasts pretty long and has a good coverage, just be careful of removing it really well as it might clog your pores if you don't remove it well before sleeping or something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Could not use liquid foundations for years because other they break me out or i look like a mask. After trying so many foundations, this is the one i stuck to. It is not the most natural looking , but does not give me pimples, stays on more or less all day and I did manage to find the right shade (good choice). It is still not my holy grail but it is quite close to it :)

This was way too thick for me. Also wish it would have a pump.

I love it. Its my foundation for more than 5 years. The only thing u gotta be carefull with is to apple a moisturizer before cause it tends to dry ur skin.