Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Im not certain I have the words to describe how much a hate this crusty a** foundation.
Skin type = normal to kinda dry
This foundation was cakey, dry as all hell, every single colour/undertone is orange/peachy/pinky blehh vomit gross. Thick cakey horrible ugly orange hot mess. Why do so many people like this pumpless bottle of s***??

Excellent product delivering great coverage and fantastic staying power. No smudging, redness seeping through or discomfort. Simply loving it. The color "Sand" is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw all the fantastic reviews and gave into the hype. When I started using it, I thought I'd found my HG foundation; my pores looked smaller, my face looked smooth, the shade was perfect plus a little goes a long way for the amount of coverage you get. BUT after a month or so of using it, I started breaking out in comedonal acne/tiny bumps all over my face, especially on my forehead and it took ages to go away. I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This one of my HG foundation I have been using it for years blends well into the skin,coverage is finaminal my only draw back is it does not carry a pump.also I am on the hunt for a good replacement because customer service is AWFUL ,and two of the "new face of EL" is a no no..and the "Edit line" ad campaign definately was not my cup of tea..so hence sorry no more EL for me..

I'd always thought this was my holy grail. After realizing that it breaks me out, I still can't help but give it a good rating. Maybe it's just me that has broken out on this, or maybe it's the way I cleansed. Nevertheless, it is a great foundation that I will save for special occasions.

pros:
+ long long long lasting
+ great coverage and smooth look
+ may seem pricey but the whole bottle goes a long way
+ great selection of shades (the only foundation where I got a perfect match)
+ good oil control
+ looks great on photos

cons:
- problematic ingredients despite being marketed as comedogenic
- difficult to cleanse from the skin as it is heavy and long-lasting

Love the wide range of colors! Really like the finish and how long lasting it is. But there is one BUT - it doesn't look good on my nose as my skin gets oily it leaves dots on my nose. So I'm not sure if I will continue using it

I really want to love this foundation but it never works out for my dry to combination skin no matter how much I try to find away to make my skin love it. I believe in this foundation but no matter how many tries I do to give it a chance, it disappoints me.

pros:
-wide range of shades
-medium to full coverage
-good for oily
-longwear
-doesn't clog pores

cons
-looks flakey especially if you did not exfoliate before applying
-if you are dry skin you might want to double or triple moisturise
-heavy to look at on skin
-clings on dry patches
-others might prefer the bottle to go with a pump

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wear this foundation in the shade 'Tawny' on a daily basis and have for around 2 years since finding it and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
It leaves my skin looking so flawless, i apply it early in the morning then go through a full 8 hours at work, then a night out, and come home to it looking just as beautiful as when i first applied it.
The coverage is full, yet not cakey. It doesn't oxidise on me or settle into my fine lines which i've noticed most other matte, full coverage foundations do. It blends well and doesn't transfer.
This is my holy grail and I've repurchased many a times. Although my skin is no where near perfect I get so many compliments when wearing it!
Definitely recommend going to get colour matched and picking this up if you're in the market for an amazing foundation :)

( i use a mac pump with it, fits perfectly) x

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I broke out horriblyyyyyy! I am 35 and never break out! The coverage is great! Doesn't stick in your lines or accentuate pores but my face hated it! Another thing is, i dont know what people are using to take this paint off but my gosh! I used everything but a sander and still had traces on my cotton ball soaked toner! I wanted to love it and thought i was going to but I'm still on the look! :/

I worked for Lauder way back in '97 & did so for several years. I got hooked on this foundation & can't make a change. I have tried MAC, LancĂ´me, some cheapies with good reviews but nothing is as good as this, in my opinion. It stays on, the color is perfect for my skin tone & I love the coverage.