Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

I really want to love this foundation but it never works out for my dry to combination skin no matter how much I try to find away to make my skin love it. I believe in this foundation but no matter how many tries I do to give it a chance, it disappoints me.

pros:
-wide range of shades
-medium to full coverage
-good for oily
-longwear
-doesn't clog pores

cons
-looks flakey especially if you did not exfoliate before applying
-if you are dry skin you might want to double or triple moisturise
-heavy to look at on skin
-clings on dry patches
-others might prefer the bottle to go with a pump

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wear this foundation in the shade 'Tawny' on a daily basis and have for around 2 years since finding it and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
It leaves my skin looking so flawless, i apply it early in the morning then go through a full 8 hours at work, then a night out, and come home to it looking just as beautiful as when i first applied it.
The coverage is full, yet not cakey. It doesn't oxidise on me or settle into my fine lines which i've noticed most other matte, full coverage foundations do. It blends well and doesn't transfer.
This is my holy grail and I've repurchased many a times. Although my skin is no where near perfect I get so many compliments when wearing it!
Definitely recommend going to get colour matched and picking this up if you're in the market for an amazing foundation :)

( i use a mac pump with it, fits perfectly) x

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I broke out horriblyyyyyy! I am 35 and never break out! The coverage is great! Doesn't stick in your lines or accentuate pores but my face hated it! Another thing is, i dont know what people are using to take this paint off but my gosh! I used everything but a sander and still had traces on my cotton ball soaked toner! I wanted to love it and thought i was going to but I'm still on the look! :/

I worked for Lauder way back in '97 & did so for several years. I got hooked on this foundation & can't make a change. I have tried MAC, Lancôme, some cheapies with good reviews but nothing is as good as this, in my opinion. It stays on, the color is perfect for my skin tone & I love the coverage.

This has been my favorite foundation for 2 years. I always get compliments on my complexion when i wear it. Blurs out imperfections and fine lines. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and always use a makeup setting spray. A must have!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I recently took the plunge and bought this product after getting colour matched. I matched to 1C0 Shell and it's the perfect match for my skin. I couldn't be happier. I suffer with rosacea which varies from mild to severe depending on a flare up. This covers it perfectly! I use a beauty blender and I've finally mastered how much I usually need. Unfortunately the lack of a pump is annoying as it can be difficult to determine how much is coming out at once but you get a knack for it after a while.

100% never going back to any of my old foundations! I've found my HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! I purchased the new formula Estee Lauder Double Wear Medium Coverage in Ivory Beige and it holds up all day. I purchased this product years ago and it was too heavy which resulted in excess oil and pimples by the end of the day. The new formula has changed my life! I have oily skin and I find it stays in place all day while still maintaining that matte look while I am at work. Doesn't oxidize like my MAC foundation did which was an added bonus. I also found it held up great in photo's despite having SPF in it.

The only negative is that it is difficult to get out of the bottle as Estee Lauder don't sell a pump with it. The solution is to purchase the MAC pump which they sell for their own foundation and use it on this bottle. It fits perfectly and comes out effortlessly.

Most Estee Lauder representatives from Myer will give you a sample to take away with you after colour matching you so your able to trial it before buying.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't purchased the new reformulated product, but I've been using this for about a year- not daily though because it is pretty heavy, but this is a medium-full coverage foundation. My fave foundation! And I've tried so many! It lasts long & does not oxidize, nor separate even in the heat. It's perfect for my skin! I am combo/oily, but because summer is in the corner I tend to be more on the oily side. I will repurchase when I run out! Worth the price! I wish they included a pump without having to purchase separately, but overall even the packaging is great!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. I tried it back in 2015 and I thought that a long lasting I full coverage foundation was exactly what I needed. I have combo skin (very oily t-zone and dry bits on my chin) and back then I was living in a place with very humid, warm weather. Nothing kept me looking decent, and usually after lunch I was already looking like a grease ball. I used this foundation for a while, maybe a couple of months. I cringe at the memory of it! Back then I didn’t think it looked bad, specially because I was in a very sunny, warm place like I said. But that winter I travelled to Finland for work and my gawd! Every picture I took look positively GOLDEN/OLIVE. For reference, I have light skin with yellow undertones, but now leaning more towards neutral (still warm, just not as much). I was matched to 2W2 Rattan and initially I thought it was a good match. Boy was I wrong. I was looking muddy and almost olive green in my pictures. I also noticed that it accentuated my pores horribly! And having oily skin with visible pores around my nose I always use a pore filling smoothing primer (Porefessional or Maybelline Baby Skin). The foundation looked heavy, definitely a “makeupy” looking makeup, and it creased on me (specially around my mouth – I have somewhat visible laugh lines). I tried mixing it with other foundations to see if I could make it work. The best combination was using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (I couldn’t use this one on its own because I had bought the wrong shade by mistake and it was too light for me –Shade 10). And it helped with the color issue and a bit with the finish issue too. It looked much better. Still, very difficult to make it work, not fast enough for my hectic morning routines (I’m always in a rush). Overall, not the product for me. Not by a mile. Specially now that I live in rainy, cool Ireland where it’s never that warm, and my skin is slowly adjusting to this, producing a little bit less oil (still very oily tho) and rocking a paler shade (cause sunny days are a rarity here).

- The price is kinda up there, but it's not that bad if you love the product. I don't think you need a lot of this, so it will probably last a decent amount of time.

- About the packaging: It can get messy, but everyone always comments on it. It's heavy and feels "expensive", nice glass bottle. Not the best for travelling.

- Application: I used to apply this with a beauty blender to try and sheer it out a bit and get a more natural finish. I wasn't that successful at it, as it still looked heavy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.