Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first long wear foundation I ever bought - I believe it was one of the first??? I've used this for 10+ years, but as I've got older it has just become too heavy for me. A few points to note: 1. It has always brought me out in spots, so was always only a "special occasion" foundation. 2. It collects in wrinkles after a few hours 3. It goes cakey again after a few hours. I can only use it now with jojoba oil mixed in as it sheers it down, and makes it more glowy - this truly is a very flat foundation. If you like a heavy, long lasting coverage you will love this, but more mature ladies beware.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Best foundation I have ever used. I have used Bare Minerals (liquid and powder), lancome teint idole, Mac studio fix (liquid and powder), cinema secrets ultimate foundation, and several drug stores. It is very pricey but, it is worth it. The key to this is make sure your face is properly moisturized. I moisturize and then I apply it with a damp beauty blender. You need very very little (like two drops), and it will cover all your imperfections. This is the "sheer way" I would use it. If you need even more coverage then you can build up. It honestly looks like you're not wearing any makeup, it looks amazing. I tried the bare minerals liquid for the "no makeup" look, it was so weird and patchy MAC:NC40-NC42 4W1 honey bronze is PERFECT!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is currently my HG. Full coverage but not thick or cakey like I found KVD Lock-it to be. It lasts a good 12 hours for me while still looking fresh.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely love this foundation. it's the only foundation for my skin that lasts the whole day without getting all caked up, or blotchy on me. at first it feels a bit heavy but after a while you don't even notice it's there. i definitely think this foundation is worth it, and i would recommend this to all of my friends and family.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation. This is a medium to full coverage foundation. You will definitely look like you have make up. I dislike the packaging the fact that you have to pour the foundation out is time consuming. I find that a little goes along way for every day use. I keep this foundation on for over ten hours and when I get home there is still coverage. Where as other foundations I would get home and have nothing but oil on my face. I do find that this foundation does nothing for those with pores and fine lines. I personally mix a pore less foundation with this one and it's my dream combo. I believe that it is worth the price.

Really regretted buying this foundation I like to have a natural look but medium coverage and this foundation was horrible to apply and thick and cakey not nice at all. Did not leave my skin glowing but instead dark and horrible defiantly not worth it's money

i have high expectation on this product. i'm not into high end foundation cos i can't afford one. but this foundation really turn me down. when i first applied this foundation, my skin instantly feel tight. i have to work super fast as it dries super quick. after two hours, i check my makeup and find out it cakes on my skin. it also oxcides and make my skin look darker. it also settle into fine line especially on dry area. it doesn't look natural as i wish. i'm kinda agree that this foundation is suite for those who has super oily skin. i have acne combo skin and it seems that the foundation settle into fine line and dry area. i find my trusted revlon colorstay does the better job than this one.

I used Double Wear for years before switching to Clarins Everlasting foundation, which I found gave similar coverage to DW, but felt and looked more natural. Clarins have recently reformulated Everlasting (the new formula is pretty rubbish), so I decided to give DW another go.

I believe the shade range has changed since I stopped using it quite a few years ago, so after lots of googling and asking the ladies on the MUB, I ordered 1w1 Bone, which is an ok match for my NC15 ish skintone. It's neither too light or dark, but it's definitely a touch too yellow. Coverage is just as I remember, full and covers spots, acne scarring and redness well. The formula is also very buildable and fairly easy to blend, but it does start to look a bit cakey and heavy if I apply too much. Once applied, I actually find it quite uncomfortable on my skin, it feels like I'm wearing a heavy base and my face tends to feel a bit tight, especially straight after applying. Lasting power is excellent. I use this over my Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer and it literally holds up all day on my oily skin with minimal touch ups. In fact, I'd say it actually looks better throughout the day - less heavy/matt and flat. I haven't had too many issues with removal, I normally take it off with Bioderma Sensibio or Cliniques TTDO Balm and can't say I've noticed any break out problems since I started using it again either.

Overall, I think it's a good foundation and I've yet to try another base that lasts as well as Double Wear, but I feel as though it looks and feels a bit too heavy and unnatural on my skin. The coverage is fantastic, but it highlights skin texture for me and tends to draw attention to fine lines and large pores. I'll use the rest of my current bottle, but am already on the lookout for something similar that feels more comfortable.

I do like this product as it has a good coverage however it feels a bit dry on my skin therefore I would recommend it to people who have slightly oily skin. The packaging isn't great as it doesn't come with a pump and it is pricey but overall it is a good foundation I just feel that for me, someone who has dry/normal skin, it's not the best.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cakes on the T zone quite quickly, very heavy on the face. It's not a terrible foundation, it's ok at best