Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. I tried it back in 2015 and I thought that a long lasting I full coverage foundation was exactly what I needed. I have combo skin (very oily t-zone and dry bits on my chin) and back then I was living in a place with very humid, warm weather. Nothing kept me looking decent, and usually after lunch I was already looking like a grease ball. I used this foundation for a while, maybe a couple of months. I cringe at the memory of it! Back then I didn’t think it looked bad, specially because I was in a very sunny, warm place like I said. But that winter I travelled to Finland for work and my gawd! Every picture I took look positively GOLDEN/OLIVE. For reference, I have light skin with yellow undertones, but now leaning more towards neutral (still warm, just not as much). I was matched to 2W2 Rattan and initially I thought it was a good match. Boy was I wrong. I was looking muddy and almost olive green in my pictures. I also noticed that it accentuated my pores horribly! And having oily skin with visible pores around my nose I always use a pore filling smoothing primer (Porefessional or Maybelline Baby Skin). The foundation looked heavy, definitely a “makeupy” looking makeup, and it creased on me (specially around my mouth – I have somewhat visible laugh lines). I tried mixing it with other foundations to see if I could make it work. The best combination was using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (I couldn’t use this one on its own because I had bought the wrong shade by mistake and it was too light for me –Shade 10). And it helped with the color issue and a bit with the finish issue too. It looked much better. Still, very difficult to make it work, not fast enough for my hectic morning routines (I’m always in a rush). Overall, not the product for me. Not by a mile. Specially now that I live in rainy, cool Ireland where it’s never that warm, and my skin is slowly adjusting to this, producing a little bit less oil (still very oily tho) and rocking a paler shade (cause sunny days are a rarity here).

- The price is kinda up there, but it's not that bad if you love the product. I don't think you need a lot of this, so it will probably last a decent amount of time.

- About the packaging: It can get messy, but everyone always comments on it. It's heavy and feels "expensive", nice glass bottle. Not the best for travelling.

- Application: I used to apply this with a beauty blender to try and sheer it out a bit and get a more natural finish. I wasn't that successful at it, as it still looked heavy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had wanted to try this for ages after hearing so much about it so I went and got my free 10 day sample. If I'm going to be honest I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It's good because it gives good coverage and lasts a long time but in my opinion it is a bit of an old lady foundation, it looks incredibly thick on the skin. I find it difficult to apply because it doesn't blend easily and I have to use a lot of product. I don't like the fact there isn't a pump or an applicator of some sort. I still have to use an oil absorbing sheet at lunchtime when I wear this. Ultimately I think it just comes down to preference, if you don't mind a heavy look then it will suit you but I prefer to look youthful and healthy with a good complexion rather than like I'm caked in make up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Another HG product! Double wear foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation which can be used daily. Its matte for me and has a decent staying powder. I use the shade tawny which is a good match for my skin tone. My friends say that this foundation covers my pores and makes my skin look really good while not even seeming medium or full coverage which is a great thing. I also use NARS sheer glow and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. In comparison, this lasts the longest while luminous silk doesn't last as well. NARS gives the best glow to my skin while luminous silk is the moooost natural looking and the smoothest. So I use all of them for different purposes. A point to note is that the shades look very different from each other in the bottle so maybe that't why some look more natural or glowly than the others.

As this product lasts pretty long and has a good coverage, just be careful of removing it really well as it might clog your pores if you don't remove it well before sleeping or something.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Could not use liquid foundations for years because other they break me out or i look like a mask. After trying so many foundations, this is the one i stuck to. It is not the most natural looking , but does not give me pimples, stays on more or less all day and I did manage to find the right shade (good choice). It is still not my holy grail but it is quite close to it :)

I love it. Its my foundation for more than 5 years. The only thing u gotta be carefull with is to apple a moisturizer before cause it tends to dry ur skin.

This was way too thick for me. Also wish it would have a pump.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

And I thought Clarins Everlasting was good...
The Everlasting stopped working for me in a month time...my skin started getting really greasy when I was wearing that foundation. So, I was on a hunt for a new HG! Grabbed a sample of the DW,decided that I would definitely buy! This keeps me mat for at least 4 hours,which is insane with my skin. Depending on the weather and what I am doing I can even get through the day without blotting. The maximum I have worn this is almost 20 hours and I blotted once. I apply very little amount of the foundation for a more natural look and it looks amazing. The only problem is it gets in my pores a little but nothing that can't be fixed. Love it! Recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This looks so great on the skin when you first apply it, but in a couple of hours I feel like a greasy mess with a thick layer on my face, yuk. You can really 'feel' that you are wearing foundation. I also find that it does not work well with the beautyblender if you have larger pores (it looks like little holes). I see why this is working for a lot of people because the coverage is pretty great, but I prefer the Double Wear light 100%!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love it. EL loves my skin. It melts into my face, doesn't set on top. It looks and feels natural. Stays on a long time. I feel like myself wearing it. I've used ALOT of foundations. If you like EL then try double wear. I work in office and need my makeup to last all day. This does.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In Detroit, we would say: This da shit! I just love this foundation! It is very smooth and has a great coverage. My pores are less visible, and it goes well on my skin tone, I'm quite dark ;-)
Would definitely buy again!