Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

3.3

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

I'm very disappointed with DW. It does cover well, but for me, its assets end there. As others have written, the bottle should have a pump or it should be in a tube. It oxidized just enough to change to an unnatural and flat, harsh color despite looking okay after application. I did not like the way it felt on my skin; heavy, as if making its presence known. It settled into minor creases and accentuated them. After 3-4 days of repeated use, my skin looked older and less supple, even after removing it. The worst part for me is that I purchased this to look great throughout a day of being photographed at a special outdoor event. Instead it gave me a harsh appearance in the photos. Being stubborn, I stopped using it, waited a couple months, and tried again. Ditto to all the above. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I had this foundation applied by the Estee Lauder consultant in Boots, after the Boots no. 7 consultant told me it was supposed to be a brilliant foundation! I have never had a problem with being allergic to any foundation in the past, but over the course of the afternoon (I had it done in my lunch break) my face felt itchy and tight and if I had been at home I would have cleansed my face to remove it. I didn't even like the effect of it as it was shiny which I did not want. Added to this, it didn't even cover well, so all in all I would definitely never buy it again or recommend it.

I have been looking for a good foundation with medium to full coverage as my skin tone has become uneven (the ageing process unfortunately!). Since I stopped taking HRT my skin has become much dryer and I want something that will not settle in lines and make my skin look worse. Since my skin has changed I have stopped using loose translucent powder over my foundation as I found that made my skin look worse, so I am looking for a foundation that will not be shiny nor too matte and dead looking. I am very confused by everything available! I was told by a Clinique consultant that I could still use a loose powder with light reflecting particles as that would make my skin look younger. I have tried 3 different Clinique foundations none of which have been suitable, as either too shiny or not enough coverage. I am using the Clinique dark spot corrector so hope this will soon start working. I would appreciate any help from other MakeupAlley reviewers. Thanks.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Superb product! I've been using a Clinique foundation, which I stopped liking and which was discontinued, so I decided to switch to EL DW based on the reviews. I asked a sales assistant to pick a shade and she went with Fresco, which was spot on. She applied it, along with a little blush and lipstick, and a few minutes later I met a friend whom I hadn't seen in a few months and she was blown away by how "young" I looked (and no one has ever told me that before - even when I WAS young). Since then, I've applied it myself, with a foundation brush (also new for me), and - even with my total lack of application skills - it looks smooth and natural (and it covers and lasts as advertised). I'm also happy with the color (which I never would have chosen for myself so I'm glad I went into a store and didn't buy online). My only problem is the bottle/brush combo - I can't figure out how to actually get to the product with the brush - but I'll deal with it and probably keep using DW forever.

Agree with the others who thought this highlighted wrinkles instead of camouflaging them. Really wanted to love this but looked mask-like and gave me a dried out look. Returned it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I agree. Perfect matte. If cannot afford, Colorstay-I use the oily version when my skin has roblems and the dry skin version when my skin wants to do a "u turn" to dry skin. Both vesions last incredibily long for the particular skin type

For both, EL and CS, I use a qtip and dot my face- and then spread with brush, sponge, fingers (clean) or whatever is available and throw away the qtip; of course. It looks like chicken pox but it gives you a perfect pea size of product for all the areas. So to me, the bottle without the pump is not a problem

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Love It! But do wish it had more colors to be matched from and a pump bottle(cleaner and you use less)...lasts forever on face, but some break-thru shine on T-zone. Just a small amt. of product gives lots of coverage. A-

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Read a lot of fairly good reviews on here for this product so I decided to try it. It isn't really a bad foundation but once it is gone, I won't be repurchasing. I am currently mixing it with a couple of other colors to get the right shade for my complexion. I find it a bit oily for me and unlike several of my other foundations it is more noticeable, tending to cake up on my face more by the end of the day. I don't like the packaging because it pours out (no pump) .. not my best HE foundation purchase ever.

I really do like this foundation. Finally found a full cover one that stays on nicely throughout the day. Just have to hit it with a light touch of Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder, IT Cosmetics powder,or MUF powder once late in the day and it still looks great. JUST WISH IT HAD A PUMP! I would purchase again (:

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love this stuff! I am a "certain age" I have very fair skin and combination skin with a very oily "T" zone, so, it is really difficult for me to find a successful foundation. Actually, I have never found a successful foundation until now. I was in Macy's and noticed a young sales assistant who had the flawless skin look. Knowing age could be a big factor in the final verdict; I asked her what she was wearing. She told me she had Estee Lauder Double Wear and a dusting of Clinique Almost Powder on her skin and she had a really oily "T" zone as well. I took a big chance and bought both products on the spot. They are even better than I thought they might be. Double Wear really does make my skin look flawless and it does not appear heavy on my face plus my face seems to have cleared of irritations after I started using Double Wear. The big bonus is my "T" zone behaves and does not ooze oil and, for me this product lasts for many hours from early morning until late night. I would not change anything about this product and I will continue to purchase both products.

I just began using Estee lauder double wear liquid foundation. I am using the light version(sheer to medium coverage). I like coverage but don't like a mask coverage.
This is a very light foundation. I began using my foundation make up application brushes again. It applies beautifully with with the foundation brush. I did find that if I use a palet and brush I find my control of the foundation is great. I don't need a lot of foundation to "paint" on my face. So far I am well pleased with EL double wear foundation