Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by age: 44-55

4.4

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Could not use liquid foundations for years because other they break me out or i look like a mask. After trying so many foundations, this is the one i stuck to. It is not the most natural looking , but does not give me pimples, stays on more or less all day and I did manage to find the right shade (good choice). It is still not my holy grail but it is quite close to it :)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love it. EL loves my skin. It melts into my face, doesn't set on top. It looks and feels natural. Stays on a long time. I feel like myself wearing it. I've used ALOT of foundations. If you like EL then try double wear. I work in office and need my makeup to last all day. This does.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first long wear foundation I ever bought - I believe it was one of the first??? I've used this for 10+ years, but as I've got older it has just become too heavy for me. A few points to note: 1. It has always brought me out in spots, so was always only a "special occasion" foundation. 2. It collects in wrinkles after a few hours 3. It goes cakey again after a few hours. I can only use it now with jojoba oil mixed in as it sheers it down, and makes it more glowy - this truly is a very flat foundation. If you like a heavy, long lasting coverage you will love this, but more mature ladies beware.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is currently my HG. Full coverage but not thick or cakey like I found KVD Lock-it to be. It lasts a good 12 hours for me while still looking fresh.

I have never tried the previous version of this foundation. Instead I've used Lancome Teint Idole, which was also changed and is pretty useless now. I'm so glad that I tried Double Wear! I use a moisturizer and an illuminating primer and then put on DW with My fingers. It gives me a perfect skin without looking powdery, it gives a subtle glow and stays on until the evening. I don't find it difficult to remove, I wash Twice with a cream wash. I don't have a problem with the shades either- 1N2 Ecru is perfect for my fair scandinavian skin!

I think I have just found my HG foundation and its only taken me since 1982 to find it! I bought this for 30 euros in Tawny which is a shade darker than I ususally use but when topped with a lighter loose powder gives a lighter finish. Used with clarins primer first and then I use a tiny amount on nose, chin , cheeks and forehead and blend in as fast as I can as it dries fast so I tend to do one part at a time so that it doesnt dry out before I have blended it in.
I am left with a flawless almost photoshop complexion. Id already forked out over 80 euros for la mer foundation a month before and discovered that I am allergic to some of the ingrediants in the cream and the foundation-it made my skin dry and itchy so bye bye to spending over 400 euros on something I am now using as a hand cream and I will use the foundation maybe once a month as I tend to get itchy if I use the foundation for more than 3 days. The only drawback to double wear is its not in a pump bottle and you really have to be careful when pouring it onto my fingers. I tend to have oily skin but not as oily as when I was in my 30s (Im now 47). This leaves a shine free skin until you take it off at night and the staying power is great- I normally end up with no make up on my face by 5 p.m with other brands.
I am thinking of buying the light version for when summer begins as this might be a bit too heavy in 40 degree heat.
Im so glad I decided to try it as I have wasted so much money on both high and low end foundations.

I liked this foundation very much but they changed the colors in Europe.
We can only buy dark yellow and orange tones. And the most women are light clored in Europe. I miss the old nr. 1 and 2 and I hope that Estee Lauder turns it back.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Double wear was the first high end foundation I ever used, and I still use it to this day! Although I may purchase other foundations, I always have this one in my collection as it is a must have for covering up problem skin. I am the colour ECRU and this suits my skin perfectly (in the winter!). I find with this foundation the shades are very skin like, unlike some cheaper brands which shades tend to all be a variety of orange!

Pro's
Full Coverage
Lovely true-to-skin shades
Covers up imperfections better than any other foundations
Transfer & sweat resistant - stays on ALL day
Matt finish
Doesn't feel cakey

Con's
Smells like paint
Gives you really bad flashback in photographs - not sure if this is just the pale shades, make sure you wear plenty of bronzer if you are going to be photographed!
Messy bottle

Given all the above, I will definately continue to purchase this foundation as nothing is comparable to it really. People comment on how lovely my skin is but its really not that great without make-up! If you are looking for a high coverage foundation that lasts all day then you will love this.

If you are looking for a radiant and natural looking foundation then this may not be for you.

My skin colour seems to have changed as I get older and I have struggled to find a foundation colour which suits me. I have very pale skin with some freckles, which can make it harder. I like full coverage but not a mask like effect. I tried Bone, which was a little light and Cool bone which is perfect. I don't wear it every day as I don't always need the coverage but the days I do wear it my skin looks flawless. I apply a tiny amount with a stippling brush and am really pleased with the outcome. I sometimes use Laura Mercier's illuminating Primer underneath if I think I look a little matte! Also the samples that EL are giving out to promote the new colours are very generous so you really get a chance to sample before purchasing.

I so wanted to love this product. I really need a good full coverage foundation for my extremely pale, acne-prone, scarred, large pored skin. I was color matched by the MA, but she had a hard time because I'm so pale. We ended up with Cool Bone. The positives - this does cover my pores & redness like a dream. However it feels a little odd on my skin. It doesn't budge, but it feels "not dry", I guess would be the best way to describe it. Even with powder over it. Another plus, it did not make me break out so it does get big props for that. Now the negatives: even though this was the lightest shade it was too dark for my skin. And it ended up oxidizing even more the longer I had it! I was very careful that I didn't contaminate the bottle, I poured out what I needed and then kept the bottle tightly closed but in one short month the color totally changed! I ended up returning it and changed to Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo Skin.