Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.1

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has to be one of my favourite foundations. As I’m an oily gal, I need a foundation that can stay put all day. This one is perfect for oily skins but you need to use the right primer. The wrong primer will ruin any good foundation. I will be repurchasing as I have not found another foundation that can stay put.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have really dry skin so I apply this once I've prepped my skin with lots of moisturising cream. A little goes a long way and it's medium to full coverage. No horrible smell like those mac foundations. This is similar to the nars foundation (my HG), it gives a a lovely dewy finish.

Maybe the best foundation for all skin types except very dry.This foundation need suitable silicone primer το “write” raigh otherwise bame easy caky and looks heavy.I use Nyx pore filler primer ...this silikones create the ideal canva for easy smooth application ever under the eyes.
The color shades of double wear are the best you can find for the human skin lol.

I have Fitzpatrick 2 and I use 2c3 fresco in winter.3c2 pebble and 4c3 soft tan in summer. Also combinations. These shaver are cool / rosy.maybe turn ashy sometimes but I don’t like orange ...yellow etc from the N and W line for no reason
Hope help

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quite simply, the best and most versatile foundation on the market. It is a high coverage, long wearing foundation, available in 36 shades. With that as a start, you can then mix it with other products and alter it for other purposes. If you are feeling dry and want a more dewy finish, add in your favourite face oil. If you want more of a glow, mix in one of your glowy type primers e.g. MAC Strobe Cream. If you want to change the tone of it, add in a tint of mix it with one of your other foundations. If you want a more sheer finish, mix it in with your moisturiser or SPF. It honestly can't be beat. I have tried countless other foundations, I guess to just try something new, but each time, without fail I come back to this and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place.

Excellent product delivering great coverage and fantastic staying power. No smudging, redness seeping through or discomfort. Simply loving it. The color "Sand" is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This one of my HG foundation I have been using it for years blends well into the skin,coverage is finaminal my only draw back is it does not carry a pump.also I am on the hunt for a good replacement because customer service is AWFUL ,and two of the "new face of EL" is a no no..and the "Edit line" ad campaign definately was not my cup of tea..so hence sorry no more EL for me..

I really want to love this foundation but it never works out for my dry to combination skin no matter how much I try to find away to make my skin love it. I believe in this foundation but no matter how many tries I do to give it a chance, it disappoints me.

pros:
-wide range of shades
-medium to full coverage
-good for oily
-longwear
-doesn't clog pores

cons
-looks flakey especially if you did not exfoliate before applying
-if you are dry skin you might want to double or triple moisturise
-heavy to look at on skin
-clings on dry patches
-others might prefer the bottle to go with a pump

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I broke out horriblyyyyyy! I am 35 and never break out! The coverage is great! Doesn't stick in your lines or accentuate pores but my face hated it! Another thing is, i dont know what people are using to take this paint off but my gosh! I used everything but a sander and still had traces on my cotton ball soaked toner! I wanted to love it and thought i was going to but I'm still on the look! :/

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! I purchased the new formula Estee Lauder Double Wear Medium Coverage in Ivory Beige and it holds up all day. I purchased this product years ago and it was too heavy which resulted in excess oil and pimples by the end of the day. The new formula has changed my life! I have oily skin and I find it stays in place all day while still maintaining that matte look while I am at work. Doesn't oxidize like my MAC foundation did which was an added bonus. I also found it held up great in photo's despite having SPF in it.

The only negative is that it is difficult to get out of the bottle as Estee Lauder don't sell a pump with it. The solution is to purchase the MAC pump which they sell for their own foundation and use it on this bottle. It fits perfectly and comes out effortlessly.

Most Estee Lauder representatives from Myer will give you a sample to take away with you after colour matching you so your able to trial it before buying.

i have high expectation on this product. i'm not into high end foundation cos i can't afford one. but this foundation really turn me down. when i first applied this foundation, my skin instantly feel tight. i have to work super fast as it dries super quick. after two hours, i check my makeup and find out it cakes on my skin. it also oxcides and make my skin look darker. it also settle into fine line especially on dry area. it doesn't look natural as i wish. i'm kinda agree that this foundation is suite for those who has super oily skin. i have acne combo skin and it seems that the foundation settle into fine line and dry area. i find my trusted revlon colorstay does the better job than this one.