Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Transparent #8 Burnished Raspberry

No Image

4.5

on 3/27/2005 12:06:00 PM

It looks like I'm the last reviewer, but this product is excellent. You can't get it on the web anymore, but I found it on ebay for $14 less than retail. It's such an awesome color, I hope I can always find it whenever I need a refill.

on 7/22/2004 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

YSL's Rouge Pur Transparent line of lipsticks is just superior, and I wonder why I had not discovered these earlier. #8 is a medium reddish-pink raspberry with gold. I was concerned at first that it would be too cool, but after evaluation in several forms of lighting that it works with my NC15-20 warm skin, hazel eyes and coppery hair. It isn't totally warm toned, but I think this can be pulled off by people on both ends of the warm-cool spectrum. The texture is supreme. It is lightweight, not dry, but doesn't bleed off. It has nice shine, and no glitter. I am truly enjoying wearing this lipstick.

on 6/15/2004 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a wonderfully unique shade: raspberry with copper shimmer. I am at a loss in deciding whether it's warm or cool, but i think it is ever so slightly on the warm side, on my lips - I'm olive toned MMM - and yet when you swipe it on a tissue it's undeniably gold toned PINK, just like Chanel Spark glossimer. Now i don't do pinks too well (i was looking for something reddish when i picked this out,) but i found it to be a great flattering balanced color. The texture is light and sheer and yet it really does have incredible staying power for this type of lipstick. the only thing that is preventing me from giving this a '5' is the smell/taste. it's pleasant, but i wish it wasn't so strong. you can really taste it for a long time after application. it's rosy/flowery and if you eat with it on, makes everything taste kinda sour, yuck! overall this is a great discovery though and it works for day or night. i'll be buying it again as soon as mine runs out.

on 5/8/2004 12:54:00 PM

A very versatile brownish raspberry color - could be good for any complexion I think. I went to a journey once and took only this lipstick - and it was all that I needed, good for all occasions.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

YSL Rouge Pur Transparent lipsticks are quickly becoming my favorite lipsticks: they are highly pigmented yet transparent, moisturizing yet long lasting, and you can either apply these lightly for a more subtle look or layer for lush, intensely coloured lips. This was passed on to me by a friend who wore it a few times but decided that she could not handle the fruity-floral smell...so those who are sensitive should beware.
#8 Burnished Raspberry is true to it's name - it's a fairly cool, dark raspberry pink colour with a golden sheen. It comes out on my lips as a notch or two above a "YLBB" colour, and I use this as an everyday lipstick. For reference, I am an asian LLL with dark brown eyes and black hair.

on 1/17/2004 11:50:00 PM

This is a really pretty raspberry infused with gold. There is no orange in this. If you are looking for something warmer, try #20. I would compare #8 to chanel glossimer in spark, except the lippie is more pigmented.

on 12/11/2003 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a brownish pinky shade, with perhaps a very very slight coral tone to it. I'm not a huge lipstick fan but I was excited to try this out after I got my hands on it.

The formula is very moisturizing and it feels nice on my lips. It doesn't make my lips feel chapped or dry as most lipsticks tend to do on me. Overall, I think this is a pretty universal shade that would flatter most skintones.

on 10/15/2003 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had previously purchased a Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Transparent lipstick in a plum color - I loved it but in the end it was too dark for me and I ended up passing it off to one of my sisters. This lipstick is called Bronzed Raspberry on the Nordstrom sight but I am sure that it easily could have been called Burnished Raspberry as well. From the outside the color of the lipstick does look really bronzing-brown but the actual color when applied has no orange in it at all. This lipstick has a gorgeous sheer but fairly dark raspberry color that I just love. The texture of these lipsticks is smooth and moisturizing. There is a slight but really pleasant scent that doesn't linger. I would definitely buy this lovely color again! *****