Clarins One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

Clarins One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)
Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser

3.9

on 5/23/2018 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Received it as a sample (30ml/1oz) many years ago and took me years (yeah I know) to finish the little bottle too, because I don't use it often. It doesn't really irritate my skin despite the exfoliating beads it contains, and leaves my skin extra soft. It also has a very nice scent.

I received a sample for this and gave it a shot, but it doesn't really impress me like most Clarins products do. I'm not sure why it was marketed as a cleanser because this is clearly an eye makeup remover with oil on top and liquid at the bottom. The scent is light enough for me to ignore it (I'm not usually bothered by fragrances anyway), but for some reason this stung my eyes. I'm by no means sensitive to makeup removers either so that surpirsed me. It works well at taking off my makeup but I feel like so do many other way more affordable brands that do the exact same thing, plus they don't sting your eyes.

I think this is a pass for me. Not that it is horrible, but just completely unremarkable. Especially for the price.

I hate this product, doesnt remove make up well, too greasy and expensive,

on 2/6/2017 8:00:00 AM

Wonderful cleanser if you have time to use only one product. I especially use it on mornings when I'm in a rush. After using the product, my skin feels very soft and refreshed. The product is a bi-phase and texture wise it's like a toner. It has a lovely orange scent. I have combination skin, which breaks out with some cleansers. However, this cleanser has never broken me out.

The only con is the packaging. This cleanser would be perfect for travelling, because it replaces cleanser and toner. However, the bottle leaks if you put it in your suitcase and move the bag around (I wasn't even on an airplane, it was a roadtrip, so the suitcase wasn't that much turned around). Luckily, I had put the product in a sealed plastic bag, otherwise my clothes would have been covered with the cleanser.

Hopefully Clarins will some day make a safety mechanism for the tip or redesign the bottle. I'd still repurchase the product, but will only use it at home.

on 8/23/2016 10:43:00 AM

I love this stuff! Received a 10ml sample as a gift with purchase, and having not used much Clarins skincare before I wasn't sure what to expect. It's a bi-phase type cleanser which you mix before using. It does smell lovely (and I'm not a fan of the usual Clarins smells) and I was surprised to see that it took off huge amounts of makeup in a few swipes on a cotton pad. It didn't sting my eyes either (contacts wearer). You do need to use a fair amount, but the sales assistant suggested using a damp cotton pad and this seemed to work well and reduce the amount needed. Managed five uses from the 10ml sample. It leaves your face feeling lovely and soft...if it weren't for the price I'd buy this regularly!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a no-fuss express cleanser as the name suggest. I used it on my lazy days. You have to shake it befora using because its a two-phase liquid. Applied on a cotton pad and swiped across your face, removes all the makeup. However, I would always follow with a separate cleanser just because I felt my skin wasn't clean enough and it left a greasy layer on my skin. Wouldn't buy it simply because I like to massage my cleanser properly and make sure it got everything off. If you're a lazy person and still prefer this squeeky clean skin, I would advise you to opt for a micellar cleanser. Otherwise, if you enjoy little luxuries, this is a really good treat.

on 1/20/2015 2:59:00 PM

Used about half a bottle now. Use it when I'm having a lazy night and don't want to use a full cleanser, just pop onto a cotton pad and it cleanses face well. Can be oily so I always use toner afterwards, followed by usual moisturizer. I have used it for removing makeup but it needs so much and for the price it's not worth it so I use proper make up remover. Will repurchase as it is easy to use, cleanses well, has a nice smell and leaves skin feeling soft and clean.

Clarins irrates my skin -!! --- :0 i love they they draw u in with "plant" look n packaging n fancy - High End store n all! :0 :(- ---!! N the deluxe sample from Fashion Show back in the day still linger around! Too much ! :(----- their solution is always moisturizer ! Fawk off' vetches they are ! :0 :(- I told u ! - is not about moisturizer :0 :(-

I am not understanding all the positive reviews of this product. You have to use a ton a product each time, and it leaves my skin feeling greasy and unwashed. I have to wash my face a second time with regular cleanser to feel clean. I seriously wouldn't use it if I received it for free. I got it as part of a GWP, so at least I didn't pay for it.

on 10/15/2014 3:51:00 PM

I bought this product as an alternative to face wipes to remove make up at the end of the day. So after some shaking of the bottle and applying to a cotton wool pad, the first thing I notice is the smell... It smells nothing short of amazing however that is where my compliments end. You need to use about 4-5 applications with cotton wool to remove just a minimal amount of make up... I've not used this as a first line in removing a night out face of make up because it'd just be too time consuming. After finally removing make up, it leaves the skin feeling oily and greasy. I almost feel like then I need to wash my face again before I can apply moisturiser. Unfortunately I wouldn't buy this product again although I do like the concept.