L'Oreal Paris On-the-Loose in After the Rain

No Image

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These are the closest drugstore purchase to MAC pigments. Shades are highly pigmented, easy to blend and last all day. Originally retailed between $6-8 each. Each small pot contains 2 grams of product. If you are looking for pigments, then these are a great way to go because of the price. I find loose powder to be a pain in the neck to apply, and too messy. The colors are very nice though, all look beautiful and apply true to color with great staying power. After the Rain is a shimmery pale minty green with golden shimmer to it. Slightly cooler than Tart but not much.

on 7/2/2004 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty light green shade, but looks like OTL tart on me.

on 10/7/2003 1:12:00 AM

I tried this over the weekend I spent at my best friends house. She had it in her make up cabinet and I just HAD to sample some on my lids! It was gorgeous. A really keen shade of classic retro green, the kind you would have seen on Twiggy in the mid 60's! Very campy and fun.

on 4/28/2003 10:07:00 AM

What a beautiful icy mint green shade!!! Perfect for spring!
Easy to apply (although I would prefer a sifter type of lid on this to help prevent spillage) it went on smooth and wore thru out the evening!
A definite winner!!!

on 4/24/2003 3:04:00 PM

I love this for a fun green eyeshadow. When I wear my honey-color contacts, this makes my eyes really pop. Giving it only 4 because it is now getting so expensive that you can get a high-end for a couple more bucks.

on 3/29/2003 8:44:00 PM

I usually only afford myself one trendy makeup piece per season and for spring I decided to go with green eyeshadow since it looks pretty on everyone from J.Lo to my friends mother-in-law. I had trouble finding a green that wasn't too blue/yellow/white-based but I saw 2 of these left at Walgreen's and though why the hell not? The color isn't yellowish/blueish and the main pigment is green vs. white. It's a pretty muted ivy color that shimmers slightly. It gives my lids a pretty mermaid look. This is going to sound crazy but I like to pair it w/ pink lip gloss. I had a previous experience w/ OtL a couple years ago w/ the Sugar Coated color and loved it since it was a sheer iridescent white that glimmered w/ multi-colored particles. I still have that pot after five yrs! My only complaint about After the Rain is that I wish the shimmer were more iridescent (it glimmers green opposed to multi-colored) and that the color seemed to fade thru the day, although that might because of a)my oily lids or b)it was warm outside the first time I tried this. The standard green OtL is Tart, a nasty acid green that looks terrible on my NC30 skin so I would buy After the Rain again if it were made a regular (as opposed to seasonal) color.