Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

I really like this moisturizer. It is light when you apply it and I found that it would sink in quickly and still leave my skin feeling moisturized. I have combo/oily acne prone skin, and it never made me break out or get oily. I never tried it during the day, but I think it would work in a pinch! I used the entire tub and it took several months; you get a lot of product for the price, plus Neutrogena is often on sale at various drugstores. Some reviewers have mentioned it might be better for younger people as it "only" moisturizers and doesn't offer other skin benefits, but I think that is fine if you are using other serums and creams, which I do anyway. Overall, great product, will repurchase!

Many things break me out, how ever This cream doesnt! I love it, is gentle enough for the eye erea, and keeps my skin moisturized during night. I dont feel it heavy on the skin, then again im used to very rich moisturizers.
The tub it comes in is plastic so its sturdy and easy to move around. My only complaint is I wish it came in a squeeze tube wich I think is ore higenic, how ever is a nitpick .

on 6/21/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is too ordinary. If you are over 19 years old, I think you should not use it.

It seems to be a good cream for people at 12-18 years old but it does not give anything to skin other than moisture.

on 11/28/2013 10:16:00 PM

This is stuff is terrible. All I can say is NO. Left my skin extremely greasy. Next morning I was still greasy. The formula smells nice, but like I said NO.

on 6/4/2013 10:17:00 AM

I am very dissatisfied with this product. It does moisturize, but only after I slather on multiple layers of it. I find that it just sits on my face, rather than getting really immersed in my skin. I also don't think it is "light" at all. For the price, you can definitely find something better at the drugstore. I think the Cetaphil cream cleanser is much, much better than this and actually feels lighter. Definitely would not recommend this. Plus, the packaging is in a jar which is never hygienic, although I can put up with it for a good product like the cetaphil, just not for a crap product like this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm really liking this cream. It's a bit heavier than I expected, but the greasiness goes away pretty quickly; I just put it on a little while before I go to bed. It hydrates my skin nicely, but doesn't cause any blemishes or breakouts. I also really like the light, creamy fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really good night cream. But definitely NOT LIGHT.

Id recommend this product for dry skin. It claims to be hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, fragrance free and alcohol free, so I tried it the day after I got a really bad rash, it was more like eczema, and it was very helpful!

It may feel a little bit greasy when you put it on, but the skin looks healthier and highly moisturized the morning after.

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin, especially in winter, and this cream is perfect. I can't believe it is more hydrating than many expensive creams I've tried. Also, it doesn't aggravate my rosacea or cause breakouts. It soaks in overnight and leaves me with lovely plump skin in the morning. I just need a sunscreen in the daytime under makeup.

I agree the "light" in the name is a bit wrong, because it is very hydrating and I don't think it would be good for oily skin. When my own skin was oilier/younger, I used Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin at night, and the SPF version during the day, and those hydrated my skin well.

I also use Neutrogena's "healthy skin" AHA creams, and this night cream is good for soothing my skin on days when I give it a break.

My only criticism is the tub, as I think this cream could be in a pump or squeeze tube.

In conclusion, I think that the negative reviews of this product come from the "Light" in the name, but it is an excellent night cream for dry or mature skin.

on 6/3/2011 1:14:00 AM

Ok so I've been using this product for a few weeks now. I have mixed feelings. First of all, there was nothing LIGHT about this cream. The first time I used it, I felt like it just sat on top of my skin and didn't get absorbed at all. It felt greasy to me too and I was very displeased. The past few times I've used it however it seems to be a bit lighter (though I would still not consider it a light cream) and my skin seems to be taking it in better (although my skin may just be dryer or something who knows). I feel like now I'm down to the second layer in the jar and the product seems to be mixed better or whatever. I will say however that I never broke out from this product. I am going to try and use what is left in the jar which it comes with a lot. Either way I will probably not repurchase but at least I don't feel like I have to waste any of it.

on 5/31/2011 6:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this cream. I never realized how good it is for my skin until i stopped using it thinking i needed to find something better. I feel so good after putting it on my skin feels so soft and supple, not tight or dirty, just nice like your skin after you've just patted it dry. :)