Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 3/7/2011 10:06:00 AM

I needed a nourishing (yet cheap) night cream for my sensitive, combo, middle-aged skin. (My skin seems to go through oily and dry phases throughout the year, so I alternate periods of using night cream with using light lotions or no lotion at all.) This is perfect for me. I apply all over my face with damp hands, then apply additional dabs to extra-dry areas. I wish it came in a more sanitary tube, but I'm very happy with the product. Apparently my skin loves sesame oil--my skin also loves avocado and grapeseed oils and hates olive oil and cocoa butter (massive breakouts). Your mileage may vary! People seem to have widely varying reactions to natural oils. If this breaks you out, this makes a great (albeit pricey) hand cream. For me, not only is this not giving me any zits, it's rapidly healing old acne spots, making it easier to remove blackheads, and giving my skin a supple glow. For those who want a lighter, oil-free night cream, I highly recommend Eucerin Redness Relieving. (If that's too heavy, forget night cream--either skip the moisturizer or stick to thin lotions, serums, and gels).

Okay, first of all, all of you ladies in your teens(!), 20s, and 30s--what are you doing using a night cream, anyway? You probably don't even need it yet. I'm 43 years old and have done a good job over the years looking after my skin--it's pretty much normal with no oily/dry issues--and I really like this product, enough to give it 4 lippies. For a night cream, the texture is indeed lighter than other night creams I've sampled. Unless your skin is drier than the Sahara (in which case I might suggest a heavier-textured cream), you don't have to slather this product on your face like you'd slather mayo on a sandwich. I use a modest amount and wake up the next morning, after splashing my face with cold water, with gorgeously glowing skin. For those ladies who are dissatisfied with this product, I recommend trying the Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream from the Neutrogena Naturals line. It's got a lighter texture and therefore absorbs a little quicker. The Derma E line also makes a lot of great face cream products that are light and absorb quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this to be rather rich and it is a rather intensive moisturizer. I used this all through my late teens and early 20's for no other reason that the fact that it worked. It kept my skin soft and keep dyness at bay. Then when I got a little older, I read that this moisturizer was considered to be "old fashioned" and didn't have any state of the art ingredients in it, so I rotated through so many other products, before I decided to come back to this one. I use this several times a week on my face and often on my chest and hands. It does a good job of heavy duty moisturizing. This isn't someting that will magically improve your skin texture or prevent breakouts, etc... but it is a very good, totally non-irritating basic night cream. Good to use after you've applied a treatment of some sort (i.e. like a retinol or AHA) and need some extra moisturizing. And for the price, it's affordable to keep a jar on hand.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Everyone should have a night cream! I was on the hunt for something that was dye and fragrance free and would not cost a arm and leg.My face gets easily irritated and breaks out with any type of heavy dyes and fragrance.I can not beleave that most of the products that are out there that are loaded with them!Who really cares if their lotion smells like flowers anyway?Well Neutrogena's Light Night Cream was just what I wanted.I don't have severe dry skin,so if you do, look elsewhere,but If you just want a little extra moisture at night this is perfect.It has not clogged my pores or made me break out.My dry patches from acne spot treatments are no more! It can feel heavy and greasy if you use too much.I just dap a little all over from the lid.I'm not crazy about the tub it comes in,but atleast I have more control over the product and because I use this directly out of the shower I'm not really worried about it being hygienic.

I really like this moisturizer. It is light when you apply it and I found that it would sink in quickly and still leave my skin feeling moisturized. I have combo/oily acne prone skin, and it never made me break out or get oily. I never tried it during the day, but I think it would work in a pinch! I used the entire tub and it took several months; you get a lot of product for the price, plus Neutrogena is often on sale at various drugstores. Some reviewers have mentioned it might be better for younger people as it "only" moisturizers and doesn't offer other skin benefits, but I think that is fine if you are using other serums and creams, which I do anyway. Overall, great product, will repurchase!

Many things break me out, how ever This cream doesnt! I love it, is gentle enough for the eye erea, and keeps my skin moisturized during night. I dont feel it heavy on the skin, then again im used to very rich moisturizers.
The tub it comes in is plastic so its sturdy and easy to move around. My only complaint is I wish it came in a squeeze tube wich I think is ore higenic, how ever is a nitpick .

on 11/11/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use the acne.org regimen and have been in search of a moisturizer that isnt poor clogging and can tackle my dry skin.

I love this moisturizer and it really does moisturize my face without balling up after using my benzoyl peroxide. Also it doesn't make be break out. Win win

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I love this product. I needed a night moisturizer suddely at age 26. My skin has changed from combination to dry. This was the first night moisturizer that I tried because it had the word "light" in it. I cleanse my face nightly with antibacterial dial soap (super powerful but super drying). When I put this on afterwards my face is drenched in moisture and is so soft in the AM and since I cleanse so well, I don't break out from this. I am on my second container of this now. A few mornings ago, my bf woke up next to me and kissed my cheek and said "mmm, your face is soft like a baby's bottom, what have you been doing?" I didnt tell him my secret but I thought that was so cute-it's definetly this moisturizer and I will continue to purchase. I don't recommend this if you have oily skin. If you are dry or If you're combination and have rough winters, give this a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very good night cream..yes it is a bit greasy but not overly so. It is one of the few that glides on skin like silk without any pulling or tugging. A night cream should be very moist rather than totally disappear. It does absorb after awhile but not completely. It is free of color and fragrance which is great for sensitive skin and it has few ingredients cuz the more crap they add too a product the more harm it does your skin. It can even double up as an eye cream without any irritation to delicate area or eyes.. In the morning my skin looks glowing and moist. I have tried others but always come back to this one. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Glad I went with the light version instead of the deep moisture night cream! Should be renamed deep moisture and extra deep moisture. This is a thick, white paste that hydrates my skin perfectly and helps prevent it from getting chapped from acne treatments. Sure this doesn't have any fancy claims but it does what it claims to do and that is all I can ask for. I just took off one lippie because this is not light at all.