Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

Okay, first of all, all of you ladies in your teens(!), 20s, and 30s--what are you doing using a night cream, anyway? You probably don't even need it yet. I'm 43 years old and have done a good job over the years looking after my skin--it's pretty much normal with no oily/dry issues--and I really like this product, enough to give it 4 lippies. For a night cream, the texture is indeed lighter than other night creams I've sampled. Unless your skin is drier than the Sahara (in which case I might suggest a heavier-textured cream), you don't have to slather this product on your face like you'd slather mayo on a sandwich. I use a modest amount and wake up the next morning, after splashing my face with cold water, with gorgeously glowing skin. For those ladies who are dissatisfied with this product, I recommend trying the Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream from the Neutrogena Naturals line. It's got a lighter texture and therefore absorbs a little quicker. The Derma E line also makes a lot of great face cream products that are light and absorb quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this to be rather rich and it is a rather intensive moisturizer. I used this all through my late teens and early 20's for no other reason that the fact that it worked. It kept my skin soft and keep dyness at bay. Then when I got a little older, I read that this moisturizer was considered to be "old fashioned" and didn't have any state of the art ingredients in it, so I rotated through so many other products, before I decided to come back to this one. I use this several times a week on my face and often on my chest and hands. It does a good job of heavy duty moisturizing. This isn't someting that will magically improve your skin texture or prevent breakouts, etc... but it is a very good, totally non-irritating basic night cream. Good to use after you've applied a treatment of some sort (i.e. like a retinol or AHA) and need some extra moisturizing. And for the price, it's affordable to keep a jar on hand.

on 3/7/2011 10:06:00 AM

I needed a nourishing (yet cheap) night cream for my sensitive, combo, middle-aged skin. (My skin seems to go through oily and dry phases throughout the year, so I alternate periods of using night cream with using light lotions or no lotion at all.) This is perfect for me. I apply all over my face with damp hands, then apply additional dabs to extra-dry areas. I wish it came in a more sanitary tube, but I'm very happy with the product. Apparently my skin loves sesame oil--my skin also loves avocado and grapeseed oils and hates olive oil and cocoa butter (massive breakouts). Your mileage may vary! People seem to have widely varying reactions to natural oils. If this breaks you out, this makes a great (albeit pricey) hand cream. For me, not only is this not giving me any zits, it's rapidly healing old acne spots, making it easier to remove blackheads, and giving my skin a supple glow. For those who want a lighter, oil-free night cream, I highly recommend Eucerin Redness Relieving. (If that's too heavy, forget night cream--either skip the moisturizer or stick to thin lotions, serums, and gels).

This is good, feels light and very hydrating for a night cream. I alternate between this and Neutrogena oil-free moisture at nighttime

on 4/23/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow. It sucks to get older. When I was in my 20's, this stuff was the bomb. Overnight, it would work wonders and make my skin look and feel better. Now I'm 40, and I thought I would save some $$ and get this instead of my $50/ 2 oz. night cream. Oh well, I will use it for body cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This did not work for my acne-prone skin. I do end up needing a moisturizer in the winter, but this ended up causing me to break out. It doesn't smell good either. The tub packaging is awkward and not hygenic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me, it left my face greasy but not moisturized and it clogged my pores, grrr!! I would not repurchase.

on 4/16/2007 3:26:00 AM

The cream was too runny. Didn't do much for my face and ended up using it as a body lotion when I was bored with it so as not to waste it.