Neutrogena Light Night Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Light Night Cream

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Dimethicone, PEG 10 Soy Sterol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA

I really like this moisturizer. It is light when you apply it and I found that it would sink in quickly and still leave my skin feeling moisturized. I have combo/oily acne prone skin, and it never made me break out or get oily. I never tried it during the day, but I think it would work in a pinch! I used the entire tub and it took several months; you get a lot of product for the price, plus Neutrogena is often on sale at various drugstores. Some reviewers have mentioned it might be better for younger people as it "only" moisturizers and doesn't offer other skin benefits, but I think that is fine if you are using other serums and creams, which I do anyway. Overall, great product, will repurchase!

on 8/31/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used up the entire container before giving my review. I bought this initially because I have oily prone skin so I figured something light was going to be more beneficial for me. First, this actually moisturizing. With that said I feel that the majority of the product sits on my skin and is not absorbed into my skin. Second, A little goes along way. No use in slathering on a lot of product because it will just lay on the surface of the skin.

Overall I feel this product would be great for younger people just starting out using night creams. I am looking for something for age renew, acne prone and maybe dark spots.

on 10/24/2012 9:01:00 PM

I am a little disappointed with this cream. Alcohol free and fragrance free yet it stings my face when I apply it! I have used many creams and only this one and Nivea (which was heavily fragranced) has caused me this problem. I do not have sensitive skin so I have no idea why I'm reacting to this cream like this.

I have extremely dry, sensitive skin, especially in winter, and this cream is perfect. I can't believe it is more hydrating than many expensive creams I've tried. Also, it doesn't aggravate my rosacea or cause breakouts. It soaks in overnight and leaves me with lovely plump skin in the morning. I just need a sunscreen in the daytime under makeup.

I agree the "light" in the name is a bit wrong, because it is very hydrating and I don't think it would be good for oily skin. When my own skin was oilier/younger, I used Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin at night, and the SPF version during the day, and those hydrated my skin well.

I also use Neutrogena's "healthy skin" AHA creams, and this night cream is good for soothing my skin on days when I give it a break.

My only criticism is the tub, as I think this cream could be in a pump or squeeze tube.

In conclusion, I think that the negative reviews of this product come from the "Light" in the name, but it is an excellent night cream for dry or mature skin.

I used to use this moisturizer in my early 20s and got a lot of compliments on how nice and dewy my skin looked whenever I applied this moisturizer. Several people actually went out to buy this cream after I told them that this was the cream I used. For some reason I stopped using this product. Maybe it's cause it was fairly inexpensive, ordinary packaging, didn't have luxurious scent. Maybe because it wasn't hyped and got average reviews. I remember getting sucked into the whole La Mer product line and other expensive expensive creams. I even tried out the supposedly amazing, top-rated Olay Regernist cream. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin is super dry! No cream is able to penetrate my skin except for this one. It is very greasy but if you apply it at night, your skin will look dewy and just right when you wake up in the morning.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is exactly what it advertising to be- a light night cream. No more, no less. I use it after my ROC retinol serum. I use it very sparingly and I have no greasy feeling and no breakouts from it. I like that it is a simple cream I can moisturize with after my retinol. The only thing I would change would be to put it in a tube instead of a jar.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this because I have oily combo skin that in the winter gets really dry around my nose and lips. I used this to spot treat these areas, this is ok. I should of just purchased a tub a cetaphil cream, cheaper and a little better IMHO.

on 5/12/2009 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a wonderful night cream for people with sensitive and combination skin. It is fragrance-free and the oil is sesame oil, which is not suppose to clog pores. I used it all winter at night and it hydrated my skin without causing any breakouts or greasiness in the morning. It absorbed easily into my skin and a little goes a long way. It is not a complicated moisturizer meant to fight the signs of aging but then good hydration and sunscreen are the best defense against aging in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I REALLY like this moisturizer. I would give it the full 5 lippies except my ideal nighttime moisturizer would be as gentle and moisturizing as this but with natural ingredients. Anyway... I tried this because it was fragrance free and didn't have any fancy ingredients. As a straight-up nighttime moisturizer it really works. If you don't goop it on, it's not too greasy--you really only need to use a little bit. My face always looks healthier and more radiant the next day when I use it. My day moisturizer is more effective and my makeup looks better too! It take a little while to sink into my skin, but, again, if I use just a little it doesn't feel heavy. Unless I find my HG natural moisturizer I'll definitely purchase this again.

I've seen this on store shelves since I was a kid, yet just recently got around to trying it. The mineral oil in the ingredients list always scared me away. But it also contains sesame oil, which is very absorbable and moisturizing (to my skin, at least) and the consistency is very spreadable, not like some other d/s creams that contain mineral/petrolatum, such as L'oreal. It's a good, simple, pretty heavy duty moisturizer with no active ingredients. I have combo, black head prone t-zone and dry cheeks, and I use a small amount of this cream in conjunction with Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Acne BHA and Retinol combo. It's kept my skin from feeling irritated or peeling. While the packaging looks simple and nice enough, I wish it came in a tube instead of a petri dish of an open pot.