Mario Badescu Strawberry scrub

No Image

3.1

on 4/10/2013 10:27:00 PM

I've used this for about a week now. Very average product. When I use it it reminds me of a product made for teens. It's a pretty pink, it's pearly, it smells yummy, it's got some cute strawberry seeds in it (why I do not know, they do nothing, lol) I get the AHA content but it gets washed off, so what is the point? Taking a pass on this one.

Blerrghhh... I bought this at great expense here in Australia and I hated it... It smells very fake plastic strawberries and did very little for me except make me mad when a tiny seed (?) got into my eye..

I dont think its a great product but I do like most of their range...

Gave this one to my teenage sister :)

First off let me say I LOVED this stuff as a preteen (pre-oil, pre-acne, pre-blackheads, you get the picture.) I still love the smell, it's yummy enough to eat. But, if you have oily skin, lots of clogged pores, etc. and need a hardcore exfoliation, this won't do it. The strawberry seeds are somewhat sparse to begin with, and when you rub it on they spread out so you can't target areas like the T-Zone, you just have to glide it across your face. The AHAs also don't seem to do anything, even if I let it sit after massaging it on. It would be GREAT for someone with dry or sensitive skin who just needs mild exfoliation or a gentle, yummy-smelling facial.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

someone, please explain why celebs love this stuff? this was another just okay product out of the samples i was sent. i like the idea of using the strawberry seeds as an exfoilator buuut, they were messy. the product smells great, which is nice but i didn't notice that it was really doing anything for my skin.

on 12/21/2008 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am using a sample at the moment but I am liking it quite a bit- I think some of the grainier scrubs were actually aggravating my face/breaking me out
This seems to work and be effective yet be gentle enough not to irritate--still want to try the kiwi too and might not buy for several reasons 1 comes on a tub a definate yuck factor negative better if it was a tube and 2 the price-- but I found it to be a very good scrub over all--didn't find it "mucousy" at all and the seeds I found to be a help to exfoliate they didn't bother my fingers--lol
Just my opinion!

Update I ended up going back to my St Ives mainly for the fact that in the long run it will be less pricey and it does rinse a bit faster and easier this would be more moisturizing for those of you that need this (I don't skin is oily)

on 8/22/2008 6:02:00 AM

My skin did not feel as though it had been exfoliated effectively after using this product. It smells divine, but I also found it messy to use with the strawberry seeds getting stuck in between my fingers. I won't repurchase this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff smells so good!!! I have combination skin and too harsh scrubs tend to actually dry out and irritate my skin, so this was actually great. I don't think it's the best or holy grail of all exfoliates, but it does the job for us who only need a bit of scrub. I think it left my skin feeling really soft and silky afterward. I do use Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub for those times when I do need a deeper scrub. But overall I like the strawberry scrub.

on 5/8/2008 4:29:00 PM

The first thing you got to know is that the strawberry seeds are NOT the exfoliation agent.. this scrub contains AHA's, acids that do the exfoliation. My skin is dry and sensitive so I use it 2 nights a week at most. The seeds do not scratch me because I am extremely gentle with my face... I rub a little bit harder in my nose (where I get blackheads sometimes) but not so much it actually hurts me.
The results are great... leaves my skin softer and glowy. It also helps me getting less flakies. I am not sure if I would buy it again because I might find something better along the way but this is overall a nice gentle scrub

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works quite well, which is surprising given that strawberry seeds seem to be the main exfoliating ingredient, and there are not many of them at all. It spreads well and does actually remove dry skin, without being as harsh as a scrub like St Ives Apricot Scrub. It smells divine. My only criticism is that it feels slighltly 'mucousy'. Not a big deal, as it doesn't seem to make it any less effective.

on 2/4/2008 8:41:00 PM

I am a huge Mario Badescu fan. I use them for everything. This is the first product I have used of theirs that I haven't loved. I just don't think it does anything to exfoliate or scrub at all. I much prefer my St. Ives Apricot scrub which costs $4. Love ya Mario, but this scrub isn't cutting it. I won't buy again, nor do I think I will use up the one I have. It'll probably just be tossed.