MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Blue

Blue pigmentPigment in Blue

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have samples of both Original Blue and the Blue from Rebel Rock. Both are gorgeous BRRRRRIGHT cyan blues, but the original Blue is less frosty, more glowy somehow, and a touch deeper and more royal. The Rebel Rock Blue is much shinier and reflective. I love them both though, and find that their best usage for me is to do a light wash over over colors to give the look more depth and a lovely glow.

Looks amazing as a wash over Smoke & Diamonds or Wolf Pearlglide, Can create the most amazing purples over any pinks or warm browns......
I have yet to use it full on as a lid color, but I ADORE it as a nuancing agent :)

Yummy.

on 1/4/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an incredibly pigmented, bright, true blue. Unlike some MAC shades there is not a hint of duochrome in the frost, no silver to lighten the colour, no black to dull it, just bright shiny blue! MAC describes this as 'clear cobalt blue'. In my not-so humble opinion this is off, since it's much too bright to be a cobalt and there are zero purple undertones in this blue unlike most of the cobalts I've come across. This makes it a good choice if you struggle to wear blue on your eyes without looking like you've been punched. That said, I wouldn't have said it was a particularly greenish-blue either, it's just not purplish.

Texture-wise, it's very frosty without losing any of the smoothness of texture, unlike some of the high-shine MAC pigments which tend to clump. As a result it's very easy to work with, applies evenly, and doesn't smatter all over your face. The colour stays extremely bright and true regardless of what base you use. It's probably the brightest of the frost pigments I own, in fact.

I've rated it 5 on price because of the huge size of the jar - this is the first pigment I ever bought, back in about 2002. It's still going strong and I can't imagine myself ever needing a top-up. That's fortunate, because it's been discontinued since before 2004's rebelrock re-release. If you ever stumble across a jar or a sample and it's not already in your collection, definitely pick it up - you won't regret it.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Very nice blue shade. The amount of product makes it well worth the money I spent at the Cosmetics Company Store. It also makes a great liner, but I really have to layer it on for it to not crease.

I use this so sparingly because I am afraid I'll use it all. I knew I had to have this the moment I laid eyes on the container at the MAC store. It was one of my first 4 MAC items. Blue pigment is a true cyan blue with no purple or green leanings or undertones. It's just blue, metallic and beautiful. Every fan of blue make up needs this (or a dupe if you're so lucky to find one), in my opinion.

on 4/20/2009 12:59:00 PM

This pigment is from the LE Rebel Rock Collection. It's a beautiful blue with pearl frost. In the jar it looks like an electric blue, but I applied it over TFSI and the blue is more toned down. I didn't have any fallout with this particular pigment. This is a great fun color.

on 1/3/2009 12:29:00 AM

I got this in a sample and i must say, its a pretty decent color. I enjoy SUPER bold neon shades, so i dont actually wear this. but its a pretty frosty blue color thats highly pigmented. The only complaint is in my sample jar the pigment clumps into little balls which is blah.

on 10/2/2008 12:53:00 AM

I have the Blue from the Rebel Rock collection and it's quite lovely. :)

on 7/16/2008 3:11:00 AM

I actually have a pressed pan of Rebel Rock Blue which I have heard is similar to Blue. This is a metallic royal blue that is pigmented and blends nicely. I love it!

Click "continued" for pictures.

continued >>

on 6/25/2008 7:46:00 PM

What an amazing color. I have hazel-brown eyes, and get compliments on this Blue and how well it makes my eyes pop. It was my second Mac pigment and I absolutely love it. I purchased it, full sized, off Ebay for $15. Worth every bit.

on 6/12/2008 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A great blue for those like me who cant have enough shades! It doesnt jump off of your face and compliments brown eyes nicely!