The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It wasn't moisturising enough for me and my hair isn't all that dry. I will not repurchase.

on 2/26/2015 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have 2c, coarse, low porosity, normal elasticity and low-med density hair.

Since one of my staple styler (Suave Pro Captivating Curls Mousse) has -cones, I need a conditioner to cowash that has cetrimonium chloride (I've read several blog posts by bloggers with scientific background saying that cetac can wash away -cones), so I can still pretty much stick to CG routine.

Other than that, despite the thick texture, this conditioner gives my hair the much needed volume, yet still conditions and moisturizes my hair really well. I don't have much problem with my hair feeling dry. Although, I find I still reach for a dab of oil after I air-dry my hair.

I use this conditioner as cowash, rinse out and leave in. I don't see the need to have separate products for each function since this conditioner alone does all really well.

It comes a bit splurgey with the way I use it, Eur6.5 for 250ml that runs out in a month or less (I have a short bob). But I'd rather have one product that does multiple jobs really well at a bit more cost rather than having separate bottles. Besides, it's still nothing compared to boutique brands for curly hair.

What's great, too, is that TBS stores are all over the globe. Should I find myself moving elsewhere in the coming years, I know I can still find this product. It's a staple.

on 10/2/2014 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the banana smell and it made my hair feel really soft and manageable. The only thing i don't like is I found i needed to use more product so i would run out quite fast if i wasn't careful. I couldn't afford to pay $20 each for those small bottles.

on 9/17/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I Love this conditioner. Smells great. Hydrating. De-tangles. Offers decent slip. Great for co- washing, and as a light leave in. Not super thick (which I like). I love using this on my sons hair. Leaves his/ my hair soft and shiny. Really needs to come in a bigger bottle!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry ends and an oily scalp.
This conditioner smells okay but I did not feel it did much for my hair at all. The shampoo counterpart is much better but I would not buy this conditioner again.

on 11/18/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I completely forgot about this stuff! This conditoner smells very yummy like bananas. The conditioner itself is pretty average, but I love that it has natural ingredients, plus it really is not expensive. I would recommend this for anyone with thin hair, becuase I have thick curly hair and this conditoner is a tad bit lightweight for me, but overall not bad. Oh, the scent does not linger on the hair.

on 5/18/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Banana-rama! I love this fruity conditioner, with banana puree as a second additional in ingredients list. It's so banana, more yellow than the shampoo, looks so natural and smells perfect!

The effect itself feels ordinary, that's why I give 4 stars. I don't usually use conditioner, I give it a try with Banana Conditioner, and my hair feels soft and supple. But not really upgrading something about my hair.

I love the packaging since it's 100% post-consumer recycled plastic! Love TBS!

on 10/27/2009 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i have ridiculously dry hair and i remember my mom buying it for me as a kid.. but ive been using TBS' honey shampoo which isnt bad.

The other day while i was buying a bottle of honey i mentioned how much i loved the banana line.. and the sales associate said it would be available in stores before the year ends!! hoorah!!

Popular Conditioners