The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Green
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

This is an old favourite. We bought it for my 15 year old son who uses way too much shampoo. But I love in on my dry, wavy and aging hair. It smells great and works really well with the shampoo.

on 12/12/2013 9:30:00 PM

Wow I am hooked on this conditioner! My hair hasn't been this soft in ages and it's so silky,manageable, and shiny I'm so happy with this product. I was getting stocking stuffers from The Body Shop online and this was only 4$. So I got one well I should have gotten 4 because I'm hooked on this stuff. It's so creamy and smells like fresh ripened bananas I used this with Ion Hard Water Shampoo which is Vegan as well. After I shampooed I applied then combed it through I put my hair in a bun while I shave and scrub. The final step of my shower is rinsing this out.

Then while my hair is super wet I add some Rainforest hair butter then squeeze out the excess. A little One n Only Argan oil spray and talk about hair heaven! I straightened my hair and I have never had my hair this healthy and shiny. My hair also dried faster than usual. I have been using natural products on my hair for quite awhile and it has really payed off for me. My hair is in better shape now then when I used conditioners loaded with silicon. Silicon is just not for me and with waist long hair I'll pay $$$ for a good product. This is amazing for my hair and very reasonable. I couldn't be happier with a conditioner. Recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's fair to say I don't stray into The Body Shop very often, mainly because our local one always appears to be empty which I find a little off-putting. However, I decided to brave it the other week (there were two other customers in there at the time) and was instantly drawn to this product on their shelves.

As a fan of bananas (eating them, putting them in cakes, their smell), the idea of a banana scented conditioner that's also made of bananas wasn't one I was going to pass up in a hurry. And I'm so glad I didn't!! Simply put, this smells DIVINE and leaves my hair feeling silky soft and smelling like cake!

If you don't like bananas, then this clearly isn't for you, but for those that do you really should try this. It's lovely and thick, smells gorgeous, makes my hair very, very soft and best of all it's sunshiny yellow! And let's face it, who wouldn't want to condition their hair with something that smells like cake and is the colour of the sun?!

on 11/9/2012 7:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The Smell is DIVINE ! my bf doesn't like it cause he says it smells like children cough-mixture .
It was not that moisturizing - my hair has dry ends and is colored so need something quiet rich - and that wasn't rich enough - I would buy it again for the smell only .
the bottle format is not for traveling.

on 9/22/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was not impressed. Yes, I like the smell very much and it works for detangling, doesn't dry out my hair but there are better conditioners for lower price. It's still better than the shampoo though.

on 1/23/2012 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic product from the original TBS line-up - it has been d/c'ed and brought back (thank goodness). Inexpensive, effective and a great "bang for the buck". Very hydrating - can build up on fine hair - good conditioner. I like the banana scent, too.

Update: Just bought another bottle in 2013 and it's still $8 and a great product for the money.

I really like this conditioner. It keeps my color treated, fine hair that is slightly dry at the ends in great shape. I also love the scent. Back in the day, women used fresh bananas to condition their hair. It's still a tried and true recipe. I love that this conditioner washes out fully, never leaving any dulling residue. I also love that the fragrance lasts. It's not so much the banana scent that lingers as it is a fresh fruity note. It's not overpowering, in other words. I use this as my stand by condish and I really love the price. I bought 3 bottles for $10. You can't beat that!! However, the packaging could be improved upon. It's difficult to squeeze because the plastic bottle is not flexible. In my shower right now is a half full bottle with a big dent in it. That being said, the packaging problem isn't a concern, just a bit inconvenient. I love what's inside too much to stop using it. It's really conditioning and sold at a more than fair price.

on 2/8/2010 1:20:00 AM

My hair is quite picky when it comes to the shampoos and conditioners I use. I went to the body shop the other day after reading so many good things about this conditioner and since I heard it wont be on shelves for long I just had to try it. I admit the main reason why I bought this is because its a banana conditioner and I was just so fascinated as I have never heard of banana hair products before. The smell is exactly the same as those banana shaped lollies you buy as a child and this smell to me is a little too strong but it doesn't linger in you hair. So many people say that it smells like real banana's which I totally disagree with and I'm quite disappointed in those reviews as I was expecting it to smell like a banana smoothie based on what they said. I agree with mostly everyone that it is quite hard to squeeze out onto your hand but thats kind of good as I prefer thick conditioners. However even though this product is thick I do need to use more of it then I usually would with other conditioners. The first time I used this I didn't use enough and the result didn't do much for my hair however the second time when I used more my hair was nice and soft and shiny too. I also noticed my hair didn't tangle as much. I hope the body shop decides to keep this one, its obviously a cult favourite from before it was taken off the shelves and I can see a whole bunch of new generations falling in love with this product too.

on 12/9/2006 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WHY was this discontinued?!?!?! I don't understand. I just don't. THis was an amazing conditioner - the scent was incredible and it made my blah hair so shiny and thick. TBS, what were you thinking?

I did not like this conditioner. Thank goodness I got a little travel size to try. It seemed to dry my hair out. The only thing good about it was the smell.