The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

I love this product it smells great and leaves my dry hair moist and less frizzy.conditioner works on thick dry hair need a lot but does moist the hair good sent stay on for a short time.Will buy again

on 1/19/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells fantastic! Like real bananas, not cough-syrupy IMO. If you read the ingredients, water and bananas are what help make up the product. I find this isn't highly concentrated so I need a LOT of conditioner for it to get through my hair. This doesn't detangle my hair and leaves my hair feeling like I never fully washed it all out.

on 5/11/2012 3:07:00 AM

Brought this yesterday as liked the idea no sulphates, protein or cones. I try to do the CG method but do use a low poo to wash once a week. Currently no product on hair. So I was a bit miffed that the conditioner lathered?????? So I do feel I have just shampooed (low poo) and that's it! Will update if my view changes over next few 'washes' I might try it as the co-wash in my CG method, unless people say they never had lather and I will check I haven't got the shampoo in the conditioner bottle!

I used to use this when it first came out in the 80's. There are not many true banana-scented products on the market and this has always been the exception. It works well as a conditioner and leaves my hair feeling and looking soft and shiney but most of all smelling delicious. The fragrance does last for a little while too. I like the shampoo aswell and I'm glad they brought these two products back. These and the Ice Blue Shampoo.

on 5/16/2011 1:56:00 AM

Sadly, this conditioner has let me down. It smells beautiful (like fresh, ripe bananas) but it does nothing for me or my hair. It does not detangle, or moisturize my hair - if anything, I feel that I have more tangles than ever and that my hair feels quite straw-like after use. The top of my back is also breaking out, which seems to be strongly correlated to when I started using this shampoo/conditioner duo...I'm wondering if this is these products are to blame? I wish it would have worked for me, but no dice. I won't be repurchasing it.

on 8/7/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meh. I bought it because it was there. It doesn't untangle my hair that well, it smells nice at the beginning...kind of a weird texture though, with that and the smell I felt i was actually spreading bananas on my hair. Just a regular conditioner, any magic.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know if I'm "using it wrong" or something! - but I HATE this conditioner! I've stopped using conditioner for a month now and my hair looks better than it did with conditioner, (weird?), but I decided to just try this out (with the shampoo) to see if my hair would be shinier and softer - wrong - opposite result, my hair was frizzy, flyaways eeeeverywhere, very dry (blame the shampoo, too), it just didn't work for me. The consistancy of this was runny and watery, it felt as though it slipped off my hair, but I'm not too picky about that. The smell, yuck, but I'm not picky about smells, I just want the product to work, screw the smell. I don't know what to do with it now... (my hair texture is normal by the way)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I ending up returning this product. Sure it smells absolutely YUMMO - like sweet banana lollies and I love the thick banana puree texture and colour of it. Full marks for product presentation. But in terms of its performance, I'm not blown away. Lets face it, this is extremely expensive - $18 for a piddly 250ml bottle. Even high end salon brands are cheaper than that. So for that I would expect exceptional results. It is good, but not fantastic. But the main problem was that I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it - my scalp went red and would flake like crazy after using it. Never had that reaction to a conditioner before. Back it went.

This is a pretty good conditioner. It's not my most favorite, but it's a fun product.
It smells yummy, like a banana smoothie from Jamba Juice or something. The smell typically lasts a few hours on my hair.
I only gave it 3 lippies because I feel, conditioner wise, it's rather middle of the road. I like that it doesn't appear to have any silicones on the ingredient list, which is good. It's made up of very simple and natural ingredients.
However, the consistency is very thin, and I typically prefer richer conditioners. I find that I need to use A LOT of this conditioner in order to get results. The first time I tried it, I used a typical amount, but found that it left my hair looking as if I hadn't used conditioner at all. Now I use about two medium sized palm fulls and it works a lot better.
It does make my hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking, but I don't really like the fact that I have to use so much of it. They don't really give you a lot to begin with, so if I were to use this everyday I would go through it crazy-fast. And the thing is, I have long fine hair, so I can only imagine that people with super thick hair must use this stuff like water.
Due to the amount that I have to use, I consider this conditioner a special treat for my hair, rather than a daily conditioner. I only use it on occasion so that I don't run through it too quickly.
It's a fun specialty item, and I would probably repurchase it at some point. I'm definitely glad that I bought it, since it's somewhat rare and the Body Shop doesn't always carry it, but it's not my HG conditioner.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to give this a try when I saw that it had been reintroduced. I've been really pleased with the results. It's left my fine hair very soft, shiny and not at all weighed down. The scent is a little intense when I first apply it, but as I work it into my hair the scent calms down and actually reminds me a bit of Lush's American Cream. The only real drawback for me is the price vs the amount I have to use each time. The conditioner is sort of thin, so I have to use quite a bit to cover my shoulder length hair- and with the small size of the bottle, I'm going to go through it quickly. I would buy again, but as a special treat, not an everyday conditioner.