The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Black
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It wasn't moisturising enough for me and my hair isn't all that dry. I will not repurchase.

on 9/17/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I Love this conditioner. Smells great. Hydrating. De-tangles. Offers decent slip. Great for co- washing, and as a light leave in. Not super thick (which I like). I love using this on my sons hair. Leaves his/ my hair soft and shiny. Really needs to come in a bigger bottle!

on 9/22/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

My hair has never been so soft.
For the $6 price tag, this conditioner does wonderful job! can't ask for more.
The scent is delicious, and I will repeat, my hair has never ever been so soft, and I've used plenty of different hair products!

on 8/14/2012 9:08:00 AM

Retails: $18AUD each bottle in Australia.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and straight up: not worth buying.

The smell is fantastic. It is the banana fruit smell and not the artificial banana candy smell (much to my disappointment actually, but I still like it). However, when my hair dried and I went out a few of my friends said my hair smells like coconut, not banana.

The conditioner did make my hair feel smooth when wet but when it dried my hair didnt look spectacular. I find that I get best results if I blow dry it, smoothing down my hair shafts; but I dont want to do this everyday.
I have long hair so this might just be my problem but I find that my hair tangles a lot more than usual after a few hours of washing it.
As advised by a review on this website I used a tiny bit of the conditioner as a leave in conditioner after towel drying my hair. It did help de-tangle and didn't make my hair look dull once dried (as some rinse off conditioner can).

Honestly $36AUD for the shampoo and conditioner is a complete waste of money. My expectations of these two products werent high to begin with as well! I only bought it because they smell delicious and I have always been curious if The Body Shop hair products were any good. I have used way cheaper supermarket brands and I get the same and/or better results, as well as better and longer lasting smelling hair.

I would not recommend this product unless you like the smell and want to try it out for yourself. 3 out of 5 stars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like it! It makes my hair feel really soft after using it, although after awhile my hair gets used to it and then the effects just plateau. But I suppose thats inevitable for any product. Definitely worth giving a try!

on 7/29/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I really loved the smell of this conditioner, which is why I bought it. It makes my hair pretty soft and shiny, but it doesn't untangle it like other conditioners. It also doesn't exactly leave a layer around my hair, like conditioners that I have previously used. This probably has to do with the fact that it doesn't have any silicones in it, and I really prefer silicones in my conditioners that leave a layer and prevent split ends/or make it seem as if I don't have split ends. This is why I won't be repurchasing.

If you are looking for a silicone-free conditioner with a great smell, that leaves your hair light and soft, this is for you. If you are looking to prevent split ends (like me), you might need to look further.

on 5/18/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Banana-rama! I love this fruity conditioner, with banana puree as a second additional in ingredients list. It's so banana, more yellow than the shampoo, looks so natural and smells perfect!

The effect itself feels ordinary, that's why I give 4 stars. I don't usually use conditioner, I give it a try with Banana Conditioner, and my hair feels soft and supple. But not really upgrading something about my hair.

I love the packaging since it's 100% post-consumer recycled plastic! Love TBS!

on 12/4/2004 12:23:00 AM

I LOVE THE SMELL OF THIS RANGE! awwwww... its so fruity and yummy! but it has since been d/c over in singapore! sobs~ guess it was too pricey so it wasnt really that popular here. =(

on 8/16/2004 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG conditioner. With very, very sensitive skin, I have to be very careful with what I put into my hair and after many tries, I finally found this conditioner. It leaves my hair soft and has a wonderful smell. I have thick straight asian hair and people always comment on how healthy and shiny my hair is. This conditioner is the reason. After switching to another brand, I started to get lots of hair breakage and I am just now switching back. (I do agree with another reviewer though that the packaging could stand to be improved.)

on 7/1/2004 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Its certaintly did not work for me! Instead of softening my hair, all I got was a bunch of tangles. A def no-no for me. Oh, don't really like the fake banana scent too.

Popular Conditioners