The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
Banana Nourishing Conditioner The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 4/10/2018 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really, really like how much slip this gives my hair, even without any silicones. My hair is soft and manageable (as manageable as my curly, dry hair can get) after use, and it's moisturized but not weighted down. It's the second silicone free conditioner I've tried, the first being Shea Moisture's Curl & Shine conditioner, and I like this better. I like the thicker consistency and how it's easy to distribute through the hair. And I absolutely love the scent! I feel like it speaks to the child in me, because it smells like banana marshmallow candy more than actual banana. Admittedly, when I use both the shampoo and the conditioner in the line it borders on being a bit too much, but used alone I love the scent of this conditioner.

I'm on the fence about whether to give it a 4 or 5 rating - really it's probably a 4.5. I can definitely see myself repurchasing it, but I won't stop looking for even better alternatives.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegetarian (contains honey)
+ Silicone free
+ Good slip
+ Moisturizing but not heavy or greasy
+ Delicious scent

- Bordering on pricey, especially since I need to use quite a lot of conditioner
- While the bottle is cute, it's pretty sturdy which makes it hard to squeeze product out

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the shampoo and conditioner I swear by! Runs roughly 12$ CAD a bottle but is always 40% off or BOGO My hair is always smooth, no frizz, not dry. The only thing I would change is to make the bottle taller and narrow vs short and chubby like it is right now. Sometimes getting the conditioner out takes effort and it’s hard to balance them upside down to help with this due to their shape

I typicaly do not like banana scented things but the smell was fine. This paired with the shampoo left my hair soft and moisturized.

on 10/19/2013 8:21:00 PM

Omg... this smell... It is just AMAZING. The product does the job, I would maybe not say it is the best conditioner in the world, but I really like it. I admit I do not have a lot of expectations from shampoo and conditioner cause well, my hair are quite normal and healthy so they don't need a lot of extra attention. But yes, I do love this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.

on 9/4/2012 10:45:00 AM

I have normal hair but it's colour-treated so sometimes it feels a bit dry. I usually spend a lot on conditioners and I got this one because it was super cheap (€3, which is like... $4 I think!) and I was intrigued by the scent. I am LOVING this. The scent is just plain amazing: banana, cocunut, fruity and gourmand. I just wish it would linger a bit longer.
I leaves my hair soft and shiny just like my other conditioners, that usually cost a lot more. I love the texture and smell and will definitely repurchase, especially since it's quite cheap here. It's no miracle worker, but if your hair is not very damaged I think it's great.

on 3/13/2012 3:26:00 AM

This is an excellent conditioner. I also like the fact that it really has banana in it (second on the ingredient list!), not just the fragrance. I just love it!

I was attracted to this product because of the smell. It has a strong, delicious banana scent, but does not leave my hair smelling like bananas. Here are my pros and cons of this conditioner:

Pros
- beautiful scent
- reasonably priced and although the bottle is not that big, it has lasted me a long time
- not tested on animals :)

Cons
- bad packaging: the conditioner is fairly thick and it is hard to squeeze out of the bottle. I had to store it upside down to solve this.
- not a miracle conditioner: hydrated my normal hair, but did not make it overly soft

Overall, I am happy that I tried this product out, but my new salon conditioner works much better on my hair.

on 1/9/2012 9:49:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff, I almost didn't know what to do when my local store was out. I now purchase two at a time.
It smells amazing, its super moisturizing, it makes my hair super smooth and soft.
love love love