The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lovely banana scent. It could be a tad more moisturizing but it does soften and add shine well. I will have to pair it with the ginger shampoo as other have suggested to see if there is a difference. My daughter likes to use this too. She has fine hair and this gives her the right amount of moisture without leaving any film on her hair. It does give slip in the shower and makes detangling easy. The banana scent does fade after a while unfortunately. I have not tired the matching shampoo, but this pairs well with some of my other shampoos well.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Dried my hair out really badly. :(

on 9/22/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

My hair has never been so soft.
For the $6 price tag, this conditioner does wonderful job! can't ask for more.
The scent is delicious, and I will repeat, my hair has never ever been so soft, and I've used plenty of different hair products!

on 8/14/2012 9:08:00 AM

Retails: $18AUD each bottle in Australia.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and straight up: not worth buying.

The smell is fantastic. It is the banana fruit smell and not the artificial banana candy smell (much to my disappointment actually, but I still like it). However, when my hair dried and I went out a few of my friends said my hair smells like coconut, not banana.

The conditioner did make my hair feel smooth when wet but when it dried my hair didnt look spectacular. I find that I get best results if I blow dry it, smoothing down my hair shafts; but I dont want to do this everyday.
I have long hair so this might just be my problem but I find that my hair tangles a lot more than usual after a few hours of washing it.
As advised by a review on this website I used a tiny bit of the conditioner as a leave in conditioner after towel drying my hair. It did help de-tangle and didn't make my hair look dull once dried (as some rinse off conditioner can).

Honestly $36AUD for the shampoo and conditioner is a complete waste of money. My expectations of these two products werent high to begin with as well! I only bought it because they smell delicious and I have always been curious if The Body Shop hair products were any good. I have used way cheaper supermarket brands and I get the same and/or better results, as well as better and longer lasting smelling hair.

I would not recommend this product unless you like the smell and want to try it out for yourself. 3 out of 5 stars.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This conditioner surprisingly works well. I normally wouldn't reach for anything banana scented, but this smells more like pina colada and coconut than banana. It's also very light and rich, but because my hair needs more thick and penetrating nourishment, this doesn't fully meet my standards. However, the banana in this conditioner does a lot to add moisture, so it does soften hair and leave it bouncy. This is great for fine hair in particular, but probably not the best for those who need an extra something for their damaged or dry ends.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I ending up returning this product. Sure it smells absolutely YUMMO - like sweet banana lollies and I love the thick banana puree texture and colour of it. Full marks for product presentation. But in terms of its performance, I'm not blown away. Lets face it, this is extremely expensive - $18 for a piddly 250ml bottle. Even high end salon brands are cheaper than that. So for that I would expect exceptional results. It is good, but not fantastic. But the main problem was that I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it - my scalp went red and would flake like crazy after using it. Never had that reaction to a conditioner before. Back it went.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The smell is wonderful, the consistency is nice and thick and it leaves my dry, thick wavy medium length hair so soft and happy! I am always looking for a great shampoo/conditioner combo and this may be my new favorite! I have spent a lot more and been unhappy, this is a great product!

Popular Conditioners