The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by hair type : Curly
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 4/4/2016 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am not a huge fan of the banana scent but luckily it doesn't linger. I use this with the ginger shampoo and the combination is wonderful. My hair is soft, shiny and healthy. My breakage and hair fall seems a bit less. I heard Body Shop will no longer be carrying their haircare line in stores (might be online only though) I hope this is not true. Would repurchase.
Edit - not using the ginger shampoo as often but still using this conditioner and it's wonderful. Never fails to leave my hair soft and shiny but also doesn't weigh it down.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lovely banana scent. It could be a tad more moisturizing but it does soften and add shine well. I will have to pair it with the ginger shampoo as other have suggested to see if there is a difference. My daughter likes to use this too. She has fine hair and this gives her the right amount of moisture without leaving any film on her hair. It does give slip in the shower and makes detangling easy. The banana scent does fade after a while unfortunately. I have not tired the matching shampoo, but this pairs well with some of my other shampoos well.

on 9/17/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I Love this conditioner. Smells great. Hydrating. De-tangles. Offers decent slip. Great for co- washing, and as a light leave in. Not super thick (which I like). I love using this on my sons hair. Leaves his/ my hair soft and shiny. Really needs to come in a bigger bottle!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

on 9/22/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was not impressed. Yes, I like the smell very much and it works for detangling, doesn't dry out my hair but there are better conditioners for lower price. It's still better than the shampoo though.

on 3/26/2012 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I tried this conditioner back in the 1990s and to paraphrase Paula Begoun, it was definitely "not a conditioner." It smelled great- but basically did nothing at all to condition hair (imagine smearing liquified banana pulp through your hair, then trying to get a comb through it!). 8-O

Well, since The Body Shop reintroduced the Banana shampoo (which was always great and still is) and conditioner, I decided to give the conditioner another shot. I was a bit wary- but boy, I'm glad I did! This conditioner has been reformulated and is now fantastic, even on my thick, coarse, curly hair. I don't know what changed in the formula, but they managed to keep banana as the SECOND ingredient. It has the same wonderful natural banana scent (a tad "spicier" than the shampoo's scent) but the conditioner now has a wonderful slippery feel that seems to "sink" into my hair and allows me to comb thru wet knots and tangles with ease, even on a 2nd or 3rd-day washing. If you've never ventured into The Body Shop for your hair-care needs, I highly recommend the banana line! ******
UPDATE April 2013: They've now included Honey in the ingredients, which is a great addition and enhances an already great formula!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a silicone-free conditioner because i recently started co- washing... This is a fine product, not the best I have tried (still looking for that!) but decent enough to buy again. Like most body shop products, it smells amazing. Straight from the bottle and when you first put it on your hair smells of bananas, but when you rinse it there is a WONDERFUL banana-vanilla smell lingering on your hair all day (at least if you have dry hair like me!).

on 10/7/2003 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Oh how I do love the way this smells! Alas, it's not quite moisturizing enough for my tangled mess of curls. Sadly, this is not a re-purchase for me, but I think it would work for someone with more manageable hair who doesn't require as much moisture from their conditioner.

Popular Conditioners