The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
Banana Nourishing Conditioner The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 4/10/2018 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really, really like how much slip this gives my hair, even without any silicones. My hair is soft and manageable (as manageable as my curly, dry hair can get) after use, and it's moisturized but not weighted down. It's the second silicone free conditioner I've tried, the first being Shea Moisture's Curl & Shine conditioner, and I like this better. I like the thicker consistency and how it's easy to distribute through the hair. And I absolutely love the scent! I feel like it speaks to the child in me, because it smells like banana marshmallow candy more than actual banana. Admittedly, when I use both the shampoo and the conditioner in the line it borders on being a bit too much, but used alone I love the scent of this conditioner.

I'm on the fence about whether to give it a 4 or 5 rating - really it's probably a 4.5. I can definitely see myself repurchasing it, but I won't stop looking for even better alternatives.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegetarian (contains honey)
+ Silicone free
+ Good slip
+ Moisturizing but not heavy or greasy
+ Delicious scent

- Bordering on pricey, especially since I need to use quite a lot of conditioner
- While the bottle is cute, it's pretty sturdy which makes it hard to squeeze product out

I liked this product for a while (works with my dry hair) and liked it at the beginning but then realised that I had to use a lot of product every time (and I have rather short hair). Then I got tired of the smell.

This is an old favourite. We bought it for my 15 year old son who uses way too much shampoo. But I love in on my dry, wavy and aging hair. It smells great and works really well with the shampoo.

on 4/29/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this conditioner so much just like the reviewer below I also use the ginger shampoo together with the banana conditioner and I must say that this two are a match made in heaven, this duo transferred my hair to a super soft and shiny
Looking hair. Hopefully the bodyshop do not reformulate this at all. Will stock up when they have sales going. Love love love the smell too. Yummy:)

on 3/21/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this is an average product that does it's job. It's nothing to rave or write home over. The price is $9 at my local store and I got it as a free birthday month gift. I've been using it every day for about a week now. Overall my hair is softer but not shinier. I feel like this has improved the overall condition of my hair due to the all-natural ingredients and no dimethicone or silicones. It smells exactly and strongly like ripe bananas, so be aware if you don't like that smell. The product itself is this weird pumpkin colored goo. I really like the divergence from the regular white conditioner. This conditioner is light enough to use for a co-wash as long as you rinse it out thoroughly. I don't think that this weighs my hair down very much if at all. I'd repurchase if I don't come across another all-natural conditioner that's better. Be aware: DO NOT use this conditioner if you're going to wear perfume or any other scented product. The banana smell will stay with you for HOURS before it finally goes away, as if it were a perfume on its own. Your hair will still smell like bananas until you wash it again. That can be a positive or a negative depending on your preference. Personally, I really hate it and wish it would fade faster, because I love to wear perfume.

on 3/31/2013 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

The smell is wonderful - like real bananas. Unfortunately, this conditioner did nothing for my hair - didn't condition, didn't detangle and didn't nourish. In fact, I felt like I hadn't used conditioner after having this in my hair for 10 minutes. It's a shame, but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like it! It makes my hair feel really soft after using it, although after awhile my hair gets used to it and then the effects just plateau. But I suppose thats inevitable for any product. Definitely worth giving a try!

on 5/24/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have gone through two bottles of this stuff in the past couple months after trying it out a few years ago. I have to say that the smell is amaazing and totally gets complimented on by the opposite gender ;) What I like is that it doesn't contain anything gunky or unnatural and it does a pretty good job of providing moisture to my hair. Even though I have extremely fine but thick hair I love dense conditioners, even though they are too heavy for my hair. This is not dense, so I used to be unsatisfied with it, but now I understand that this is just what my hair needs.

on 3/21/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like in my other review for the shampoo, I wasn't impressed initially. But I got over that and my hair really likes this. I love that it is protein free and cone free, something that is very hard to find especially when you are also looking for conditioning qualities.

The smell is banana, but to me its not fresh banana its kind of like a play doh banana. Doesn't bother me and I look forward to using this with the shampoo every time I shower. It does make my hair soft and shiny, not heavy weighed down. I just recently ran out and I am going to go and stock up soon!!

Washing my hair is usually a chore since it's so long and thick, but this conditioner actually makes it enjoyable. It smells like banana popsicles and since it contains real banana puree it feels like I'm putting a smoothie in my hair (which oddly is a good thing) and it just soaks right in. It's ten times better than gooping on some thick chemically conditioner that either causes breakouts or doesn't produce results. It makes my hair soft and smooth and I love everything about it, including the pretty packaging. I paid $8.99 for 8.4 ounces. I don't mind paying a little more for good quality products, and this one is great!