The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Normal
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 9/24/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells amazing and......that's it. Didn't do anything for my hair. Didn't moisturise, didn't detangle nothing. I'm shocked because I use a lot of natural hair products and this had good ingredients so was expecting it to be good but alas was not for me. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.

on 1/19/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells fantastic! Like real bananas, not cough-syrupy IMO. If you read the ingredients, water and bananas are what help make up the product. I find this isn't highly concentrated so I need a LOT of conditioner for it to get through my hair. This doesn't detangle my hair and leaves my hair feeling like I never fully washed it all out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I ending up returning this product. Sure it smells absolutely YUMMO - like sweet banana lollies and I love the thick banana puree texture and colour of it. Full marks for product presentation. But in terms of its performance, I'm not blown away. Lets face it, this is extremely expensive - $18 for a piddly 250ml bottle. Even high end salon brands are cheaper than that. So for that I would expect exceptional results. It is good, but not fantastic. But the main problem was that I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it - my scalp went red and would flake like crazy after using it. Never had that reaction to a conditioner before. Back it went.

on 4/30/2006 8:38:00 PM

SIMPLY THE MOST AMAZING CONDITIONER THAT THERE EVER WAS. Too bad it's been discontinued. TBS's new Honey Moisturizing conditioner has some banana among its ingredients but is waaaay way too heavy at first and has a completely different effect from the Banana Conditioner. Interestingly enough, I'm almost at the bottom of the bottle of the Honey one, and all of a sudden I get this flashback - a similar feel and effect of the Banana conditioner - prolly due to some separation of ingredients in the suspension (as the bottle was sitting too long and I'd never thought to shake it since the conditioner is so thick) and the tiny black banana seeds/dots are visible.

on 8/17/2003 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have not used this product for a long time. I was using both the Banana shampoo and conditioner, and my scalp became extremely dry and itchy. I absolutely love the smell of these, so I am sorry that they did not work for me :(

on 6/28/2003 7:06:00 PM

After reading the reviews, I decided to buy it. It is awesome and leaves my hair really soft and shiny but not flat. It smells so nice. I highly recommend.

This is a very nice conditioner. The first time i used it was in 7th grade (maybe 10 years ago!) It is in fact heavy, but not offensively so. I still get good volume on my cravy (curly/wavy) hair. I like the smell (not sweet, and very distinctive) and the texture. Makes my hair soft. Very intense conditioning

on 11/30/2002 11:55:00 PM

This smelled wonderful and really detangled and softened my hair. I was very pleasantly surprised!

Popular Conditioners