The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

I typicaly do not like banana scented things but the smell was fine. This paired with the shampoo left my hair soft and moisturized.

on 4/4/2016 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am not a huge fan of the banana scent but luckily it doesn't linger. I use this with the ginger shampoo and the combination is wonderful. My hair is soft, shiny and healthy. My breakage and hair fall seems a bit less. I heard Body Shop will no longer be carrying their haircare line in stores (might be online only though) I hope this is not true. Would repurchase.
Edit - not using the ginger shampoo as often but still using this conditioner and it's wonderful. Never fails to leave my hair soft and shiny but also doesn't weigh it down.

on 9/4/2015 7:49:00 PM

I would buy this again. I use this with the Ginger Shampoo from The Body Shop and they work well together. The Banana Conditioner conditions my hair without leaving a heavy residue that most conditioners leave behind. I would use a wide-tooth comb in the shower to detangle while the conditioner is on my hair rather than out of the shower as this conditioner isn't the heavy conditioning type that coats your hair so it detangles well. The Banana Conditioner more moisturizes your hair and doesn't leave much of a residue.

on 6/21/2014 12:31:00 PM

Wow, I am downright shocked at how bad this conditioner is. It's yellow in color, silicone free, and rather light. But it dries my hair out terribly, making it feel straw- like and tangled. I tried mixing it with other conditioners, but that did not help. The shampoo I can get away with using. I'm mixing it with Avon's now discontinued coconut banana shampoo and conditioning with Circle of Friends banana conditioner, and my hair looks and feels great. This conditioner smells absolutely amazing, like a ripe banana, but it's getting used up as a shave cream since it does such scary things to my hair.

on 3/21/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this is an average product that does it's job. It's nothing to rave or write home over. The price is $9 at my local store and I got it as a free birthday month gift. I've been using it every day for about a week now. Overall my hair is softer but not shinier. I feel like this has improved the overall condition of my hair due to the all-natural ingredients and no dimethicone or silicones. It smells exactly and strongly like ripe bananas, so be aware if you don't like that smell. The product itself is this weird pumpkin colored goo. I really like the divergence from the regular white conditioner. This conditioner is light enough to use for a co-wash as long as you rinse it out thoroughly. I don't think that this weighs my hair down very much if at all. I'd repurchase if I don't come across another all-natural conditioner that's better. Be aware: DO NOT use this conditioner if you're going to wear perfume or any other scented product. The banana smell will stay with you for HOURS before it finally goes away, as if it were a perfume on its own. Your hair will still smell like bananas until you wash it again. That can be a positive or a negative depending on your preference. Personally, I really hate it and wish it would fade faster, because I love to wear perfume.

on 12/12/2013 9:30:00 PM

Wow I am hooked on this conditioner! My hair hasn't been this soft in ages and it's so silky,manageable, and shiny I'm so happy with this product. I was getting stocking stuffers from The Body Shop online and this was only 4$. So I got one well I should have gotten 4 because I'm hooked on this stuff. It's so creamy and smells like fresh ripened bananas I used this with Ion Hard Water Shampoo which is Vegan as well. After I shampooed I applied then combed it through I put my hair in a bun while I shave and scrub. The final step of my shower is rinsing this out.

Then while my hair is super wet I add some Rainforest hair butter then squeeze out the excess. A little One n Only Argan oil spray and talk about hair heaven! I straightened my hair and I have never had my hair this healthy and shiny. My hair also dried faster than usual. I have been using natural products on my hair for quite awhile and it has really payed off for me. My hair is in better shape now then when I used conditioners loaded with silicon. Silicon is just not for me and with waist long hair I'll pay $$$ for a good product. This is amazing for my hair and very reasonable. I couldn't be happier with a conditioner. Recommended!

on 10/19/2013 8:21:00 PM

Omg... this smell... It is just AMAZING. The product does the job, I would maybe not say it is the best conditioner in the world, but I really like it. I admit I do not have a lot of expectations from shampoo and conditioner cause well, my hair are quite normal and healthy so they don't need a lot of extra attention. But yes, I do love this product!

on 10/10/2013 10:45:00 PM

It is so far the best hair conditioner for me. I have super sensitive skin and sensitive scalp, any bad products (which is more than 80% of the ones I tried) would cause problems, serious dandruffs, shedding and etc.

I trust body shop line because it claims to have none silicones, no SLS, and so forth, maybe some drugstore products could give more dramatic results, but what good is that knowing it's just temp effects of silicone.

I have been using the banana shampoo together with icy blue one for years, which gave great result, I usually use icy blue one for 4 times per week since I have oily scalp and dry hair end.

And now I finally was able to find the banana conditioner, (why is it so popular and so hard to find?) and amazingly, cominbed with banana shapoo, the result is fantastic.

My hair is usually in good condition, soft, supple, no split end, and ssmooth, but even so, after applying both banana products, the result is even better, I cannot help but keep toughing the hair, it is just too smooth, and silky shiny in a good way.
However, it kinds weight down my curls a little, so I'd suggest anyone with fine, long and straight hair to try this product, you will see what I mean.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.