The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It wasn't moisturising enough for me and my hair isn't all that dry. I will not repurchase.

on 7/9/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

How did I not review this? This is my HG conditioner. I've used maybe 20 bottles? I use a lot!

Very moisturising and natural. Doesn't hurt my skin or scalp. I have eczema so I'm really careful with labels.

The banana smell is not always that nice as it sometimes smells very chemical rotten banana (to me, at least) but the smell doesn't linger. Which is good!

I typicaly do not like banana scented things but the smell was fine. This paired with the shampoo left my hair soft and moisturized.

on 4/4/2016 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am not a huge fan of the banana scent but luckily it doesn't linger. I use this with the ginger shampoo and the combination is wonderful. My hair is soft, shiny and healthy. My breakage and hair fall seems a bit less. I heard Body Shop will no longer be carrying their haircare line in stores (might be online only though) I hope this is not true. Would repurchase.
Edit - not using the ginger shampoo as often but still using this conditioner and it's wonderful. Never fails to leave my hair soft and shiny but also doesn't weigh it down.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lovely banana scent. It could be a tad more moisturizing but it does soften and add shine well. I will have to pair it with the ginger shampoo as other have suggested to see if there is a difference. My daughter likes to use this too. She has fine hair and this gives her the right amount of moisture without leaving any film on her hair. It does give slip in the shower and makes detangling easy. The banana scent does fade after a while unfortunately. I have not tired the matching shampoo, but this pairs well with some of my other shampoos well.

on 9/4/2015 7:49:00 PM

I would buy this again. I use this with the Ginger Shampoo from The Body Shop and they work well together. The Banana Conditioner conditions my hair without leaving a heavy residue that most conditioners leave behind. I would use a wide-tooth comb in the shower to detangle while the conditioner is on my hair rather than out of the shower as this conditioner isn't the heavy conditioning type that coats your hair so it detangles well. The Banana Conditioner more moisturizes your hair and doesn't leave much of a residue.

This is an old favourite. We bought it for my 15 year old son who uses way too much shampoo. But I love in on my dry, wavy and aging hair. It smells great and works really well with the shampoo.

on 7/9/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Banana conditioner appears thick but really is thin and lightweight for thick dry hair. It smells lovely though (if ripe 'nanas are your thing)! I would not repurchase for conditioning but for use as a co-wash.

on 4/29/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this conditioner so much just like the reviewer below I also use the ginger shampoo together with the banana conditioner and I must say that this two are a match made in heaven, this duo transferred my hair to a super soft and shiny
Looking hair. Hopefully the bodyshop do not reformulate this at all. Will stock up when they have sales going. Love love love the smell too. Yummy:)

on 4/25/2015 8:19:00 PM

I use this product along with Ginger Shampoo also from the body shop. This conditioner moisturizes and volumizes my hair so much. Leaving them soft and shiny. I will leave them naturally dry and then apply argan oil to naturally shape my hair. No combing to make them naturally messy. Heaven!!!

Popular Conditioners