The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 4/4/2016 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am not a huge fan of the banana scent but luckily it doesn't linger. I use this with the ginger shampoo and the combination is wonderful. My hair is soft, shiny and healthy. My breakage and hair fall seems a bit less. I heard Body Shop will no longer be carrying their haircare line in stores (might be online only though) I hope this is not true. Would repurchase.
Edit - not using the ginger shampoo as often but still using this conditioner and it's wonderful. Never fails to leave my hair soft and shiny but also doesn't weigh it down.

on 9/4/2015 7:49:00 PM

I would buy this again. I use this with the Ginger Shampoo from The Body Shop and they work well together. The Banana Conditioner conditions my hair without leaving a heavy residue that most conditioners leave behind. I would use a wide-tooth comb in the shower to detangle while the conditioner is on my hair rather than out of the shower as this conditioner isn't the heavy conditioning type that coats your hair so it detangles well. The Banana Conditioner more moisturizes your hair and doesn't leave much of a residue.

This is an old favourite. We bought it for my 15 year old son who uses way too much shampoo. But I love in on my dry, wavy and aging hair. It smells great and works really well with the shampoo.

on 4/29/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this conditioner so much just like the reviewer below I also use the ginger shampoo together with the banana conditioner and I must say that this two are a match made in heaven, this duo transferred my hair to a super soft and shiny
Looking hair. Hopefully the bodyshop do not reformulate this at all. Will stock up when they have sales going. Love love love the smell too. Yummy:)

on 9/17/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I Love this conditioner. Smells great. Hydrating. De-tangles. Offers decent slip. Great for co- washing, and as a light leave in. Not super thick (which I like). I love using this on my sons hair. Leaves his/ my hair soft and shiny. Really needs to come in a bigger bottle!

on 12/12/2013 9:30:00 PM

Wow I am hooked on this conditioner! My hair hasn't been this soft in ages and it's so silky,manageable, and shiny I'm so happy with this product. I was getting stocking stuffers from The Body Shop online and this was only 4$. So I got one well I should have gotten 4 because I'm hooked on this stuff. It's so creamy and smells like fresh ripened bananas I used this with Ion Hard Water Shampoo which is Vegan as well. After I shampooed I applied then combed it through I put my hair in a bun while I shave and scrub. The final step of my shower is rinsing this out.

Then while my hair is super wet I add some Rainforest hair butter then squeeze out the excess. A little One n Only Argan oil spray and talk about hair heaven! I straightened my hair and I have never had my hair this healthy and shiny. My hair also dried faster than usual. I have been using natural products on my hair for quite awhile and it has really payed off for me. My hair is in better shape now then when I used conditioners loaded with silicon. Silicon is just not for me and with waist long hair I'll pay $$$ for a good product. This is amazing for my hair and very reasonable. I couldn't be happier with a conditioner. Recommended!

on 10/19/2013 8:21:00 PM

Omg... this smell... It is just AMAZING. The product does the job, I would maybe not say it is the best conditioner in the world, but I really like it. I admit I do not have a lot of expectations from shampoo and conditioner cause well, my hair are quite normal and healthy so they don't need a lot of extra attention. But yes, I do love this product!

on 10/10/2013 10:45:00 PM

It is so far the best hair conditioner for me. I have super sensitive skin and sensitive scalp, any bad products (which is more than 80% of the ones I tried) would cause problems, serious dandruffs, shedding and etc.

I trust body shop line because it claims to have none silicones, no SLS, and so forth, maybe some drugstore products could give more dramatic results, but what good is that knowing it's just temp effects of silicone.

I have been using the banana shampoo together with icy blue one for years, which gave great result, I usually use icy blue one for 4 times per week since I have oily scalp and dry hair end.

And now I finally was able to find the banana conditioner, (why is it so popular and so hard to find?) and amazingly, cominbed with banana shapoo, the result is fantastic.

My hair is usually in good condition, soft, supple, no split end, and ssmooth, but even so, after applying both banana products, the result is even better, I cannot help but keep toughing the hair, it is just too smooth, and silky shiny in a good way.
However, it kinds weight down my curls a little, so I'd suggest anyone with fine, long and straight hair to try this product, you will see what I mean.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's fair to say I don't stray into The Body Shop very often, mainly because our local one always appears to be empty which I find a little off-putting. However, I decided to brave it the other week (there were two other customers in there at the time) and was instantly drawn to this product on their shelves.

As a fan of bananas (eating them, putting them in cakes, their smell), the idea of a banana scented conditioner that's also made of bananas wasn't one I was going to pass up in a hurry. And I'm so glad I didn't!! Simply put, this smells DIVINE and leaves my hair feeling silky soft and smelling like cake!

If you don't like bananas, then this clearly isn't for you, but for those that do you really should try this. It's lovely and thick, smells gorgeous, makes my hair very, very soft and best of all it's sunshiny yellow! And let's face it, who wouldn't want to condition their hair with something that smells like cake and is the colour of the sun?!

on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.

Popular Conditioners