The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by age: 36-43
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love bananas and I love their smell. But the smell of this conditioner is way too intense for my liking.
It smells like a freshly opened pack of dried bananas, and the smell lingers for about a day. It's just too much.
Otherwise great product. Moisturize without weighing my hair down, adds shine, doesn't build up.

I used the whole bottle (pushed myself into finishing it), but I won't buy it again.

on 7/9/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

How did I not review this? This is my HG conditioner. I've used maybe 20 bottles? I use a lot!

Very moisturising and natural. Doesn't hurt my skin or scalp. I have eczema so I'm really careful with labels.

The banana smell is not always that nice as it sometimes smells very chemical rotten banana (to me, at least) but the smell doesn't linger. Which is good!

I typicaly do not like banana scented things but the smell was fine. This paired with the shampoo left my hair soft and moisturized.

on 6/21/2014 12:31:00 PM

Wow, I am downright shocked at how bad this conditioner is. It's yellow in color, silicone free, and rather light. But it dries my hair out terribly, making it feel straw- like and tangled. I tried mixing it with other conditioners, but that did not help. The shampoo I can get away with using. I'm mixing it with Avon's now discontinued coconut banana shampoo and conditioning with Circle of Friends banana conditioner, and my hair looks and feels great. This conditioner smells absolutely amazing, like a ripe banana, but it's getting used up as a shave cream since it does such scary things to my hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

I love this product it smells great and leaves my dry hair moist and less frizzy.conditioner works on thick dry hair need a lot but does moist the hair good sent stay on for a short time.Will buy again

on 5/11/2012 3:07:00 AM

Brought this yesterday as liked the idea no sulphates, protein or cones. I try to do the CG method but do use a low poo to wash once a week. Currently no product on hair. So I was a bit miffed that the conditioner lathered?????? So I do feel I have just shampooed (low poo) and that's it! Will update if my view changes over next few 'washes' I might try it as the co-wash in my CG method, unless people say they never had lather and I will check I haven't got the shampoo in the conditioner bottle!

on 3/26/2012 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I tried this conditioner back in the 1990s and to paraphrase Paula Begoun, it was definitely "not a conditioner." It smelled great- but basically did nothing at all to condition hair (imagine smearing liquified banana pulp through your hair, then trying to get a comb through it!). 8-O

Well, since The Body Shop reintroduced the Banana shampoo (which was always great and still is) and conditioner, I decided to give the conditioner another shot. I was a bit wary- but boy, I'm glad I did! This conditioner has been reformulated and is now fantastic, even on my thick, coarse, curly hair. I don't know what changed in the formula, but they managed to keep banana as the SECOND ingredient. It has the same wonderful natural banana scent (a tad "spicier" than the shampoo's scent) but the conditioner now has a wonderful slippery feel that seems to "sink" into my hair and allows me to comb thru wet knots and tangles with ease, even on a 2nd or 3rd-day washing. If you've never ventured into The Body Shop for your hair-care needs, I highly recommend the banana line! ******
UPDATE April 2013: They've now included Honey in the ingredients, which is a great addition and enhances an already great formula!

on 1/23/2012 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic product from the original TBS line-up - it has been d/c'ed and brought back (thank goodness). Inexpensive, effective and a great "bang for the buck". Very hydrating - can build up on fine hair - good conditioner. I like the banana scent, too.

Update: Just bought another bottle in 2013 and it's still $8 and a great product for the money.

I used to use this when it first came out in the 80's. There are not many true banana-scented products on the market and this has always been the exception. It works well as a conditioner and leaves my hair feeling and looking soft and shiney but most of all smelling delicious. The fragrance does last for a little while too. I like the shampoo aswell and I'm glad they brought these two products back. These and the Ice Blue Shampoo.