The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 5/20/2012 4:31:00 AM

What a terrific conditioner! Not only it smells amazingly fruity, but it leaves my hair SO super soft and healthy! Since a long time, I've changed many shampoos but this has been the only conditioner I've used. My hair is fairly thick, normal and reaches my back and this conditioner leaves them incredibly soft, nourished and detangled. I've already stocked up just in case TBS plans to discontinue it, which will be heart breaking for me. For sure my Holy Grail conditioner.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This conditioner surprisingly works well. I normally wouldn't reach for anything banana scented, but this smells more like pina colada and coconut than banana. It's also very light and rich, but because my hair needs more thick and penetrating nourishment, this doesn't fully meet my standards. However, the banana in this conditioner does a lot to add moisture, so it does soften hair and leave it bouncy. This is great for fine hair in particular, but probably not the best for those who need an extra something for their damaged or dry ends.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know if I'm "using it wrong" or something! - but I HATE this conditioner! I've stopped using conditioner for a month now and my hair looks better than it did with conditioner, (weird?), but I decided to just try this out (with the shampoo) to see if my hair would be shinier and softer - wrong - opposite result, my hair was frizzy, flyaways eeeeverywhere, very dry (blame the shampoo, too), it just didn't work for me. The consistancy of this was runny and watery, it felt as though it slipped off my hair, but I'm not too picky about that. The smell, yuck, but I'm not picky about smells, I just want the product to work, screw the smell. I don't know what to do with it now... (my hair texture is normal by the way)

on 8/26/2002 1:40:00 PM

This thick conditioner smells very good and I can't believe how soft my hair is after leaving it in for about 5 minutes. I bought a smaller bottle so that if i were disappointed, I wouldn't have to go through a big bottle of this product, but since I like it, I will definately buy the big one after I'm done with the bottle.

on 10/10/2001 7:21:00 PM

I am *loving* this! My hair was totally dried out from the summer and this conditioner allows me to easily get a brush through my wet hair. Usually I have to use a leave-in conditioner in addition to regular conditioner. Not with this! And it smells like real bananas. Yuuuuummy :0)
Edit: TBS changed the formula of this. It's not as moisturizing now, but still smells great!
continued >>