MAC Cosmetics Lipglass

LipglassLipglass

3.7

on 5/19/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So disappointing. The color fades away in a sec. I cannot find any 'pro' for this product.

I've got an entire MU bag full of these. They are my faaaaave lipgloss! Simply the best....better than all the rest! I love these, they're the most addictive lipgloss ever. I love Lust w MAC Spice lipliner. Like my first Lipglass liner combo I got back in 1996 (I've since replaced my Lust after I lost it!) They *are* so long lasting! Mine is like 3 years old it still works gr8 going strong. You cannot dupe these w DS lipglosses, I can't think of any that come close but if you want a good DS lipgloss the wetnwild megaslicks lipglosses are good. I like these better than chanel Glossimers which are 1/3 more more expensive. They are SUPPOSED to be sticky that's what makes them stay on the lips. That's paramount for lipgloss! I don't eat so I don't mess up my lippies (oldest diet trick!)

on 7/8/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I only have one of these, I have it in Snob and I love it! I also have a lustreglass but I think that's different. Anyway, snob is a pale pink color. I do not own the snob lipstick but I would think they are identical in color. I am nc45 and this looks really good on me, I can wear it with a lot of different looks because the undertone is neutral. Standard doe foot applicator, which works fine. The formula is rather sticky so it lasts a while on the lips. It could stand to be slightly less sticky but it's not too bad. Price is $16 I believe

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I simply cannot live without my Spite lipglass. It's the perfect nude color on my lips. My lips look beautiful once applied and stays moist for hours on end. Although, they are a little steep at $14 but, you definitely get what you pay for. I think I purchase a new one every 3 months, and I wear it every single day. I can't stand cheap lip glosses, they are way too thin and you need to re-apply them often. So not worth it. MAC lipglass is an investment and I'm completely sold and hooked on it. Amazing!!!

on 10/18/2015 5:05:00 PM

I love the lipglass!! I LOVE lip glosses, I prefer them to lipsticks because they dont leave a ring around my lips as they wear off (lipsticks definitely do this, every time) and they are super moisturizing and comfortable to wear. My favorite lipglass is in the shade "angel" its a pretty medium, warm toned pink and perfect for every day wear. I also have "viva glam v" and "snob" which I do really like. Viva glam V is a neutral nudey type of color with sparkles and Snob is a blue toned barbie pink!

I will state the obvious here, YES they are STICKY but that is why they last so long on the lips! Every gloss ive ever used that hasnt been sticky just dont last very long. For example the rimmel glosses, they are cute and smooth and non sticky but they last about 10 mins on your lips! That makes them very useless! Why pay for something youll use up in a week because it doesnt last and you have to reapply every 10 mins?? Also these have a pleasant vanilla scent and NO TASTE which is good.

And please dont give a lip gloss a bad rating because you dont like lipglosses...thats so ridiculous and is not a fair review!

Anyways, love the lipglass, cant wait to try another color soon. My other all time favorite long lasting lip gloss is the chanel allure rouge lipglosses (in the black click open containers)!! If you like these mac gloses I suggest those ones as well!

Pros
-long lasting
-lots of color pay off
-moisturizing
-comfortable
-affordable
-yummy vanilla scent
-NO taste!

cons
(none)

on 8/3/2014 12:58:00 AM

It's been years since I have used lip gloss but this is one of the two I have left that I felt worthy of keeping. I'm really not a fan of the sticky gloss feeling so don't wear this much - its nice and easy to swipe on and doesn't taste yucky.

I have this in the colour: Fresh Air which is just a natural looking pale pink, lovely on its own for petal pink and great swiped over a darker lipstick to help take the tone down a little or if a lipstick is too matte and dry feeling a little of this over the top really helps.

on 4/20/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hate the scent - I'm weird in that I don't like anything vanilla and this is up there. I also don't like a wand design for cosmetics as I find it unhygienic, especially for stuff that touches your lips. So this is definitely not for me!

on 4/20/2014 6:33:00 PM

I'm actually one of those people who absolutely loves the MAC lipglass glosses. I don't mind the stickiness and I like the smell. I have extremely dry lips and need to keep them moisturized all day. With MAC's lipglass, I don't even need lipbalm. I can apply the lipglass and if I don't eat or drink, my lips will stay moisturized for hours. The best thing about Mac's lipglass is that my lips look absolutely beautiful once I applied lipgloss. The colour selections are gorgeous and sometimes I only put on mascara, a little bit of foundation and the gloss and I look polished. I think that I own about 15 of Mac's lipglass lipglosses and recently I returned about three empty lipglass tubes and a few other things to get a free lipgloss, even though I could have chosen from a lipstick or eyeshadow, but what can I say? I love Mac's lipglass! The only drawback for me is price. It is a bit pricey at $21.00 (Canadian) a pop.

Mac Lipglass lasted two years for me, wearing it about once per week. After two years, the tube was nearly empty and was just starting to turn smell (i.e. vanilla mixed with crayon, instead of just vanilla).

I tried to like the vanilla scent but could not really get used to it. Mac Lipglass seems to be quite a bit more sticky than Clinique's lip glosses. I found that I couldn't drink or eat a thing with this on, so actually would use it as a diet tool, wearing it as a deterrent to snacking during 3-hour durations. Don't let even a tiny strand of hair fall near your face with this on.

Despite my complaints, Mac Lipglass LOOKS great. If you sit perfectly still and eat or drink nothing, it stays on for hours and hours, looking just as good as it did when first applied.

on 7/16/2013 4:42:00 PM

I actually do like these glosses but the reason it isn't 5 stars is due to the stickiness and smell. When I wear lipgloss I want it smell nice! The smell just kinda makes the product one of my least favorite out of my Mac collection. The glosses are very thick and that's what makes them so sticky. I am willing to look past that though because the colors are so gorgeous!