Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush (loose powder)

Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush (loose powder)

3.9

I have this in 20 Invisible Blend, and I must say this is a solid loose powder to set undereye concealer. I mainly use this to semi-bake my undereyes and it lasts all day. The powder leaves a very smooth texture on the skin and looks very natural (ie. not cakey). Very finely milled and doesn't change the colour my foundation/concealer. And best of all, no shimmers!

Although I wasn't completely blown away with this product, I still recommend it! It functions great as a setting powder.

on 7/11/2016 7:52:00 AM

First thing to note. Throw away the brush! Might be OK to use while travelling because of its size and packaging, but pretty much useless otherwise.

Now onto the powder, I bought this in the lightest "translucent" shade, to set my liquid makeup. When I first opened it and saw the colour, I thought perhaps I had been sent the wrong shade as it looked anything but translucent, but on application, it is so fine and sheer that I agree to its translucence - without the ghostly white shade to it.

As stated, I only use this powder for setting makeup - mainly concealer, and cream contour/highlight (I brush it over with a stippling brush to blend), and it works well for this. It can look a little too tell-tale powdery around the eyes, but maybe because that's more of a difficult area to blend.

Having said that, it wasn't too expensive to purchase, compared to similar products from other brands, and will definitely go a long way so I have no real complaints with this product.

I like to try different products until I find my true HG, so I am neither more or less likely to re-purchase :)

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

I really love this powder! I've tried many different powders and I honestly prefer this one to all of them so far-including the MAC powders. I love that this is a translucent powder so I don't add any extra coverage or cakiness to my foundation. This gives a very natural finish, not too matte, yet it still keeps you from looking like you just ran a marathon. I do touch up throughout the day still but I have come to realize that's pretty much impossible to avoid. And this powder is great for touchups because it absorbs the oil without messing up your makeup or making it look cakey. On lazy days I will even just wear this with a little concealer and head out the door. It's really that great. I've heard it's comparible to the Laura Mercier powder which I have yet to try, but I will as soon as I use up this one. Which will likely take forever because the amount of product you get with this is unbelievable. I've had it for forever and barely made a dent in it. When I used MAC powders I would run out within 3 months. This is soo much better.

on 12/3/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The brush that comes with it is terrible, but the powder itself is great. I just dust it on lightly with a large powder brush. It minimizes the look of pores and fine lines and the color (transparency) looks neutral--not too pink or peach, which is often an issue for me, since I have fair skin but with olive/yellow undertones.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Controlled oil really well and gave me a soft flawless look. I will def buy it again! And you get a lot for your money.

on 1/3/2009 8:56:00 PM

HG. YOU GOT TONS AND TONS of product! I use my 187 to apply this on after everything to set in my makeup. I bought this last year & I use it every time I wear makeup ... and guess what? I still have 98% left! A Little goes A LONG WAY. I got this product b/c Pinkiecharm (youtube guru) reviewed & raved about it. I love, love, love this product.

Also, the packaging is adorable! The top part is a mirror! It's so pretty and shiny. However, I tossed the brush. It's too "prickly".

on 5/13/2008 1:58:00 PM

This is a great powder that goes on very sheer so that you can barely see it. I use it after my tinted moisturizer to get a more matte look. It's very good at absorbing any oil/shine on your face (kind of like Mac's Blot Powder). I wouldn't recommend using this without any foundation underneath because it is very sheer and you won't get much coverage. It's also a bit drying which is good for eliminating shine, but if you have dry combination skin like I do it'll make your dry spots look even more dry. I really like this powder because you get a LOT of product for your money. I've been using the same one for 3 years (i should probably throw it out soon) and I'm not even half-way through.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Good loose powder. I use #07 (DDD).I'm oily so I need oil absorbing. This is perfect. Good color match, does not look cakey and gives me a flawless finsh. Can't say HG but close.

on 11/8/2007 4:33:00 PM

I am using transparency no:1if your skin is fair dont hesitate to buy no:1 .first it seems very light but it is good on skin. and it is really fine.I am using it alone not over foundation .It last long .after hours my skin still looks like velvet.

on 6/9/2007 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the packaging on this and the fact that it came with a brush. The little mirror on top is really handy and I found the packaging attractive and appealing. Had this recommended to me and I bought it based on that... I'm very pale and have this in a transparency 3 since the 2 was too pale and i definitely didn't want to be any paler than I already am. It does make me a little dry-looking but honestly that's probably because I have relatively poor skin texture. However I do like the coverage; it has some color to it, more than the last one I was using, that really helps cover up any minor imperfections after I'm done with concealer & foundation.