Tom's of Maine tartar control & whitening toothpaste

Tom's of Maine tartar control & whitening toothpaste

4.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/21/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have repurchased multiple times for years. My DH and I both use this with a sonicare toothbrush. Neither of us has dentistry issues with plaque or discoloration, so this just maintains everything well without fluoride. We go back and forth between peppermint and spearmint. Main adjustment was not having a flip top cap. Love this product!

on 2/5/2017 7:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This cleans and whitens and the licorice like fennel taste goes on for hours. I love that it does not burn or irritate the corners of my mouth. It is a bit more foamy and creamy than it was in the old days.

on 9/5/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Tom's but the formulas and flavors do vary. This one is great in the Spearmint flavor - if you can get it. I much prefer spearmint to peppermint. Not overly abrasive but it is a bit abrasive so ask your dentist if you have "soft" eroded enamel.

Very nice product and a fair price.

on 11/28/2014 10:27:00 PM

I love this toothpaste because it does not overwhelm my mouth with a synthetic mint flavor that makes me gag. It is fluoride-free, which I am beginning to think is the way to go, and leaves my mouth feeling clean. I do not think this product actually whitens teeth, so I am removing one lippie, but I much prefer this toothpaste over others and will continue to purchase.

on 8/19/2015 11:13:00 AM

I don't have any complaints for this product. It makes my teeth feel cleaner than any other toothpaste ever has and it's foams really well. I will definitely buy this again.

on 6/9/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Tom's of Maine anti-plaque & whitening toothpaste in peppermint for the last 2 weeks and I love it. My teeth stays clean feeling all day unlike when I used Crest tooth paste. The taste isn't sweet like my old toothpaste and I find I brush much longer than I did before. I like this product so well that I am going to try the rest of their products. The fact that they do not test on animals is just icing on the cake and the price is not bad either at $4.59.

My review is for the antiplaque and whitening flouride-free version. I have purchased at least half a dozen times, always prefer to have a coupon of course :) I enjoy the taste and texture and it seems to clean very well without stripping my gums like some other toothpastes do. I originally switched to this paste in search for a sulfate free paste that wouldn't contribute to any additional breakouts around my mouth area. I have found it on vitacost for a fair price , but it is carried by my local walmart as well.

on 8/17/2012 3:41:00 AM

I picked this up because tartar control and whitening are the two major things I look for in a toothpaste. My teeth just aren't naturally white, and no matter how much I brush and floss, I get quite a bit of plaque built up in my teeth. I had high hopes for this, and while it wasn't awful, I didn't love it. The consistency was fine -- it foamed up well and left my mouth feeling clean. I felt that the minty taste was a little lackluster and it left a strange aftertaste in my mouth (I have that problem with every "natural" toothpaste I've tried). My main gripe is that this didn't really do anything for my teeth. After using a whole tube, I noticed no whitening benefits and I had the same amount of plaque buildup that I would have had using any other toothpaste. This wasn't the worst toothpaste I've ever used, but I won't be repurchasing this.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This leaves my mouth smelling fresh and it's natural, but like other toothpastes, it doesn't seem to actually whiten.

on 7/7/2011 8:34:00 PM

What to say about this stuff that hasn't already been said on here?? It's sooooo good! At first I had the one with fluoride, than I did some research and found that might be the reason my teeth had spots on them. Since using this one without the fluoride, NO SPOTS WHITERTEETH I LOVE IT :D

Update: The only reason I stopped using this is because I prefer one with out sulfates as well.

Popular Other Products