Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner

Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner

2.3

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was my first time using liquid eyeliner, and can I just say this has to be the worst eyeliner, since I won't believe that all liquid eyeliners are this horrible! The first week I had it, it was okay, but soon it started to dry out, clump, and was virtually impossible to apply! It crumbles off during the day, especially on the sides of my eyes where the flair is. I can never get enough on the brush, and then I have too much on the brush. It smears easily. If any tiny bit of moisture or water touches it, it's gone, just goes right off. This is just a horrible product, and is expensive, I guess since it's Mary Kay. I honestly think all their products are crap that hide behind the Mary Kay name so people will buy them. Their foundation is equally as horrible. Don't buy this, find another cheaper brand that actually works so you don't spend so much on crap.

on 12/13/2012 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Impossible to apply. Like what the others said, the applicator is utterly useless. The line has gaps once I'm finished, not enough product gets on the applicator in order to fully complete one upper eyelid. Would never buy again, threw it out almost immediately.

The only good thing I have to say abut this product is the packaging looks sleek and professional but that has very little importance if the product won't apply in the slightest. Would have given it zero stars if I could have.

on 3/16/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Mary Kay used to have a great light brown liquid eye liner, and matching mascara. It was easy to apply, stayed on and was a nice light brown that I could never find before or since. I wish they would bring it back.

How disapointing. A liquid eyeliner that stays put but is almost impossible to put in place. The applicator is pointless. If they sold this in a bottle, I could jsut use a brush to apply. Really, I find the price a little outrageous considering the application is so tedious...and I'm great at lining my eyes... It's just too broad.. all the product lies at the top of the applicator and nothing on the tip. You have to dip 10 times to get your upper lid done!
Pathetic. Will not buy again.

on 11/30/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was my first experience with liquid eyeliner, and I thought the stuff just wasn't for me. I was particularly not impressed with the applicator, which in my opinion makes it nearly impossible to get good control.

on 12/16/2009 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay.. I sell Mary Kay. But, I'm addicted to MAC, Urban Decay, and many other amazing brands. I decided to give their liquid liner a try - and let me tell you.... It was AWFUL. Not only did I manage to get the stuff all over my fingers (and I'm not a newbie at liquid eyeliner) but, it actually made my eyelids itch - my first ever allergic reaction. Honestly, my Loreal liquid eyeliner is better. It was a huge disappointment. :(

on 9/20/2007 12:41:00 PM

This is a review of the current version of this eyeliner that has a hard-tip felt stylus applicator. The liquid eyeliner itself is of good quality, it's a nice black, nice consistency, etc. My problem is with the applicator end, it is impossible to use. You start to pull it across the lid and it will go about half-way before you need to turn the applicator over or re-dip and you can never begin the line in the middle with the same thickness. I keep trying, thinking I will become more skilled at this.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Uggh. After buying the stuff and hoping for the cat eye look, I was totally disappointed. the applicator brush sucks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the sh*ttiest liquid liner Ive ever tried. The formula dries up and then starts to literally peel off on its own in less than an hour. I've bought dollar store liquid liners that last a lot longer than this junk.!.---------------------I ended up giving this to my sister and the liner must have gone bad which is understandable since I had it tossed in the back of my drawer for goodness knows how long..anyway she went to use it recently and she said it smelled so bad like dirty socks. Yeah....MK liquid liner is not my cup of tea. (2012)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is so boring. The brush is way to thick and you cant get a thin line at all unless you take the liner of the brush with a liner brush (which I do since Ive ran out of my other liquid liner and havent had time to get more) The liner can easily be smudged. Not very good. Since Ive looked in the Mary Kay catalogue I think they have changed the packaging and the brush.. I think..not sure.