Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

on 3/10/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think the formula is ok. I think its the brush that isn't good, at all. I always have to apply at least 3 times on one eyelid since it can't make a one stroke line. The pencil liners are way better if you want to buy eyeliner from Mary Kay. If you want a good inexpensive liquid eyeliner, Revlon is your friend.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. It's truly black...no shimmer or glitter, very rich pigment. Tear resistant, no flaking or smudging! I slept in it (i know, so bad!) and woke up to 99% perfect liner...my eyes are super sticky/weepy in the mornings so that's the only reason they weren't as perfect as when i passed out.
This dries in the perfect amount of time...enough time to use a qtip and clean up lines if needed, quick enough not to smudge. It can cake/crack a little as most liquid eyeliners do if you apply too much, but even then I added more into the tiny crack I saw and suffered no flaking.
This product really amazed me, b/c I used no primer and it still really performed. My eyelids are oily and slightly double lidded (mixed asian), so I always struggle with transfer and smudging sometimes even with primer...but not with this stuff. I've had it in my bag for ages...only used it a couple of times before...it's now my HG liner. Wish it came in brown and other colors, too.
Love love love. I'd give it a 5, but I could really FEEL it...super heavy feeling, but I did line all the way around my eyes, which I never do. (Only reinforces the fact that it's staying power is awesome, b/c my lower lid is naturally "puffy" which equals instant smudges, sliding, and transfer...hence never lining the lower) Maybe I'll up this to 5 if it doesn't feel as bad when only on the top lid.
*be careful not to get this on your lashes or u will get flakes off of those. otherwwise still perfect, and doesn't feel heavy on only the top lid!

How disapointing. A liquid eyeliner that stays put but is almost impossible to put in place. The applicator is pointless. If they sold this in a bottle, I could jsut use a brush to apply. Really, I find the price a little outrageous considering the application is so tedious...and I'm great at lining my eyes... It's just too broad.. all the product lies at the top of the applicator and nothing on the tip. You have to dip 10 times to get your upper lid done!
Pathetic. Will not buy again.

on 11/29/2007 2:39:00 PM

Packaging is fine, but this eyeliner actually flaked. Not sure why, and I've never seen that happen before... Price was reasonable, but not with the flaking

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the sh*ttiest liquid liner Ive ever tried. The formula dries up and then starts to literally peel off on its own in less than an hour. I've bought dollar store liquid liners that last a lot longer than this junk.!.---------------------I ended up giving this to my sister and the liner must have gone bad which is understandable since I had it tossed in the back of my drawer for goodness knows how long..anyway she went to use it recently and she said it smelled so bad like dirty socks. Yeah....MK liquid liner is not my cup of tea. (2012)

on 6/11/2003 2:48:00 PM

I have been using this same bottle for 4 years now, It is a very dramatic black and it it is a felt tip pen type of applicator. It can go on kind of heavy so you have to dab it. It is very long lasting and will not wear off with time or sweat or anything. Best of all no flaking off. I use it for night time only.