The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/13/2016 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have any expectations for this product - I thought it would literally do nothing for my eyes. Let me step back a moment and say that I bought this eye cream in a 3 for 2 sale because, though I'm 18 I have extremely dark under eye circles (I've just been born with it - it's not a sleep issue though sleep does, obviously, aggravate the problem). They're so bad it's almost like I've been punched on a really bad day.

The sales assistant told me that it would get rid of the darkness under my eyes and over time get rid of it. I bought it because I was aware that my eye area needs moisturizing just like the rest of my face but my regular moisturizer was too thick and heavy for it. So I thought I would give it a shot, you never know after all.

I have extremely oily eyelids and under eye circles. My skin type, overall, is oily. When I first applied this cream it made my under eye area burn a little. It no longer does that now though. I thought at the time that it was just a light reflecting cream and was only going to serve me cosmetically (like some Korean brand products I've tried). Some pros and cons:

PROs:
- it did actually fulfill most of its promises (hydrates, moisturizers and soothes). I don't know if it would reduce the appearance of fine lines because naturally I don't have any unless I'm tired. However, when I apply this on my more exhausted days it doesn't seem to do much for my lines, not that any concealer or other skincare product ever did.

- it actually reduced the darkness under my eyes significantly - and not just in a cosmetic way! Even if I forget to put this on some days, my under eyes haven't reverted to how they originally were.

- though it looks small, it actually lasts a long time as you don't need to use much product.

CONS:
- it can cause my eyelids (I apply it all over my eye area) to get quite oily as opposed to not putting any on. It doesn't really bother me that much, though. Moreover, the vitamin E range was created for people with dry skin, so it's my problem, really.

- a little pricy considering it's just the body shop.

- it's not that lightweight for me, personally. I find it feels a little heavy on my skin.

Overall I think if you just want an eye moisturizer with some "good skin stuff" (I think it contains hyaluronic acid and some kind of oil, and vitamin E obviously, too, but don't quote me on that) then this will suffice. I think it works more for prevention rather than, I don't know, treatment?

This was my first and so far the only eye cream I've used so I really cannot compare it to other brands. However, I apply it twice daily after cleansing and toning and moisturizing the rest of my face, and I am indebted to it for getting rid of my daily zombie look.

on 6/26/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream after talking to a sales assistant who convinced me to try it. I was very excited at first as I do use the Body Shop eau de toilette products. The reason for buying the eye cream is because I want to take better care of my eyes. I stopped using this eye cream after 3 days as I noticed that the fine lines are more noticeable and little bumps appeared under my eyes. I never had little skin bumps before and this worries me a lot. I really hope the bumps will go away with time. This product may work wonders for other users but my skin (sensitive) is not compatible with it.

To Read all 144 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/4/2016 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyecream is nice and cooling, but it's too light for me. It didn't moisturize my eyes enough. Also, after only a couple of months, it started to smell really bad ! I can't use it anymore because of the smell and it's not even empty ...

on 5/22/2016 8:31:00 AM

I absolutely love the body shop and the vitamin e range but this product is horrible! . I use the face oil every night and the moisture cream on a daily basis. I went in to buy those two products and the sales assistant told me it was 3 for 2 and I was looking for an eye cream so I decided to try the vitamin e one. I have some dark circles nothing very noticeable and a couple very fine lines I'm only 18. The cream has a light texture and absorbs very quickly feels cooling under the eye. It smells like plastic imo. You only need 2 drops under each eye and I applied on top too. I have dry skin and like I said the other products in this range work great for me but after a month of using this product twice a day once in the morning and once at night I noticed the lines become more noticeable and dark circles even darker. Really didn't want to continue using it anymore and it's in my make up drawer I have no idea what to do with it as it would be a waste to throw it bit I have no other use for it. Too watery to use as a primer I will try to use it for other things and see how things go but it's probably going to get binned. Would not reccomend to anyone don't waste your money.

on 5/7/2016 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I guess it's fine.

I've been using for months and it has this smell like plastic and it absorbs quickly into the eye area. I hardly have any dark circles since then but I feel it could offer about more. Another pro about this product is that it is hard to run out of it; I have been using it once a day for 8 months and two months ago twice a day and it shows to be and endless cream.

The sales executive at the store had suggested me with this product when i have aske for a good eye cream for dark circles. Actually i dont have any significant dark circles..its just in the initial forming stage..i have been using this from the past 1 month...and inspite of workng positively all i could see is a very vary negative impact...my dark circles have grown even dark..i would never suggest this product for any one.

on 3/17/2016 1:57:00 PM

This eye cream was recommended to me by the SA working at the time who also sold me the moisturizer in the same Vitamin E line.

The texture of the cream itself is nice and light but that's the problem, it did not hydrate my eyes at all. In fact I felt like I wanted to apply more throughout the day. I'm glad I stuck it out and finished the tube but it was only in conjunction with another eye cream I started using and that I did not want to waste the product.

on 3/17/2016 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am surprised by the low rating, because this stuff is amazing on my very dry skin!! I mean seriously seriously good! I am only 25, so I do not have fine lines or anything like that, but I do have dark under-eye circles and it really helps me with this problem. It also hydrates very well and leaves the area nice and glowy :) I am not looking for a magic product, but believe me, this stuff is not bad at all. I think the problem is that when you have oily or combination skin, you will be left with a greasy skin, but all the girls with the dry skin: THIS IS GREAT!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love The Body Shop- great prices, cruelty free, and made from natural ingredients. But I hate this eye cream with the passion of a thousand suns.

First off, this cream literally does nothing. It isn't moisturizing enough for an eye cream and sometimes leaves my under eye area dry. How does a cream even do that?! I have tried changing the amount used and either have too dry under eyes or major piling. There is no happiness medium.

Secondly, I saw no results after months of use. I'm not even expecting a miracle, I was honestly just hoping for a smoother eye and a bit more mositure. The under eye circles and puffiness stayed exactly the same. This did nothing. I actually have a jar of pure Vitamin E oil that is much better in every single respect than this cream and it costs like $10

I've tried to use this as a base for makeup, but it fails so hard. It piling and moves around waaaaaay too much. You can't apply anything to the eye area while the cream is sort of damp. But then if you wait for the cream to fully sink in, you run the risk of being too dry for proper concealer to look decent.

Like I said, I love The Body Shop. The rest of the Vitamin E range is great! I cannot live without the overnight serum. That stuff is my HG. But this was so disappointing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

2.5 stars. I have used three different eye creams by The Body Shop over the years; this one, Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo, and Aloe Vera Eye Defense.

My comment for all of them is the same; Good only to use under make-up as a base, or if you have Normal/Combination skin type and need no care other than average moisturizing effect. Out of the three this one has the best scent for my like.

A lot of eye creams are really expensive and I don't want to use expensive products as a make-up base. I usually keep two eye creams at home, one for skin care (now that I'm 30, I need extra treatment for fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles), another as make-up base. I might still get this cream or another eye cream from The Body Shop for the latter purpose, why spend so much money for make-up base? If you are a teenager or in your early 20s and do not have dry eye area or have no dark circle problem, this product might very well be enough for you. When I was a teenager The Body Shop was my to-go brand with its price and I only needed a little moisture anyway. Well, I have purpleness on my undereye area since 12, but I have such fair and thin skin I don't expect any miracles for that.

My biggest complaint though, none of the Body Shop eye creams have any sunscreen in it. I would give three stars if it had sunscreen.