The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyecream

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/12/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay. I read these reviews before I purchased and still decided to give it a go. First up, it's really moisturising. And glides on super easy.

However, it does nothing it claims to do. My bags are still there, in full force. So no reduction in them. And I still have some fine lines that haven't changed a bit.

Nice for what it is. You get a TON of product, this tube will last me another 6 months. But, it doesn't do much at all. Save your money.

There are many good eye creams on the market. This is not one of them. There is nothing overly wrong with it per se, however my experience was that when I put it on at night in the morning I woke up with rough itchy skin on my lids. It also glides on in a very wet formula, which stings if you get it in your eyes accidentally, or as it soaks in. You get a lot for your money but save it and buy something better and creamier, it is gelatinous beforehand and watery in spread, not overly hydrating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye cream is very moisturizing, however, the package must have a problem, as I found the water is seperated from its lotion when using it one day. Otherwise I will recommend it.

on 8/25/2016 6:52:00 PM

I currently use the cleanser from the vitamin E line, and was surprised by the night cream. So I bought this eye cream and the night cream also.
However, I am currently forcing myself to work through the entire tube, which is difficult as it does irritate my eyes as soon as it gets close.
I have used this for 2 months now and I'm not even halfway through (My guess) It has done nothing for any dark circles, fine lines. It does feel moisturising as soon as it goes on, but that soon wears off. I would have given this product 2 stars if it hadn't irritated my eyes so much.

Tl;dr: Waste of money.

on 8/2/2016 8:04:00 PM

It hydratates the skin but it dis nothing for lines or dark circles around the eyes. I used an entire tube for 3 months.

on 7/13/2016 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have any expectations for this product - I thought it would literally do nothing for my eyes. Let me step back a moment and say that I bought this eye cream in a 3 for 2 sale because, though I'm 18 I have extremely dark under eye circles (I've just been born with it - it's not a sleep issue though sleep does, obviously, aggravate the problem). They're so bad it's almost like I've been punched on a really bad day.

The sales assistant told me that it would get rid of the darkness under my eyes and over time get rid of it. I bought it because I was aware that my eye area needs moisturizing just like the rest of my face but my regular moisturizer was too thick and heavy for it. So I thought I would give it a shot, you never know after all.

I have extremely oily eyelids and under eye circles. My skin type, overall, is oily. When I first applied this cream it made my under eye area burn a little. It no longer does that now though. I thought at the time that it was just a light reflecting cream and was only going to serve me cosmetically (like some Korean brand products I've tried). Some pros and cons:

PROs:
- it did actually fulfill most of its promises (hydrates, moisturizers and soothes). I don't know if it would reduce the appearance of fine lines because naturally I don't have any unless I'm tired. However, when I apply this on my more exhausted days it doesn't seem to do much for my lines, not that any concealer or other skincare product ever did.

- it actually reduced the darkness under my eyes significantly - and not just in a cosmetic way! Even if I forget to put this on some days, my under eyes haven't reverted to how they originally were.

- though it looks small, it actually lasts a long time as you don't need to use much product.

CONS:
- it can cause my eyelids (I apply it all over my eye area) to get quite oily as opposed to not putting any on. It doesn't really bother me that much, though. Moreover, the vitamin E range was created for people with dry skin, so it's my problem, really.

- a little pricy considering it's just the body shop.

- it's not that lightweight for me, personally. I find it feels a little heavy on my skin.

Overall I think if you just want an eye moisturizer with some "good skin stuff" (I think it contains hyaluronic acid and some kind of oil, and vitamin E obviously, too, but don't quote me on that) then this will suffice. I think it works more for prevention rather than, I don't know, treatment?

This was my first and so far the only eye cream I've used so I really cannot compare it to other brands. However, I apply it twice daily after cleansing and toning and moisturizing the rest of my face, and I am indebted to it for getting rid of my daily zombie look.

on 6/26/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream after talking to a sales assistant who convinced me to try it. I was very excited at first as I do use the Body Shop eau de toilette products. The reason for buying the eye cream is because I want to take better care of my eyes. I stopped using this eye cream after 3 days as I noticed that the fine lines are more noticeable and little bumps appeared under my eyes. I never had little skin bumps before and this worries me a lot. I really hope the bumps will go away with time. This product may work wonders for other users but my skin (sensitive) is not compatible with it.

on 6/4/2016 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyecream is nice and cooling, but it's too light for me. It didn't moisturize my eyes enough. Also, after only a couple of months, it started to smell really bad ! I can't use it anymore because of the smell and it's not even empty ...

on 5/22/2016 8:31:00 AM

I absolutely love the body shop and the vitamin e range but this product is horrible! . I use the face oil every night and the moisture cream on a daily basis. I went in to buy those two products and the sales assistant told me it was 3 for 2 and I was looking for an eye cream so I decided to try the vitamin e one. I have some dark circles nothing very noticeable and a couple very fine lines I'm only 18. The cream has a light texture and absorbs very quickly feels cooling under the eye. It smells like plastic imo. You only need 2 drops under each eye and I applied on top too. I have dry skin and like I said the other products in this range work great for me but after a month of using this product twice a day once in the morning and once at night I noticed the lines become more noticeable and dark circles even darker. Really didn't want to continue using it anymore and it's in my make up drawer I have no idea what to do with it as it would be a waste to throw it bit I have no other use for it. Too watery to use as a primer I will try to use it for other things and see how things go but it's probably going to get binned. Would not reccomend to anyone don't waste your money.

on 5/7/2016 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I guess it's fine.

I've been using for months and it has this smell like plastic and it absorbs quickly into the eye area. I hardly have any dark circles since then but I feel it could offer about more. Another pro about this product is that it is hard to run out of it; I have been using it once a day for 8 months and two months ago twice a day and it shows to be and endless cream.