The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyecream

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 6/24/2017 11:44:00 PM

I bought this product because I was looking for a good eye cream and this one was quite inexpensive and seemed cute ! After trying it for 5 months, I have mixed feelings about this product :

*Pros :
-kind of cheap
- a lot of product (I have a lot left even after 5 months of using it )
-reduce dark circles (it took at least 3 months but it really worked !!! I usually have really dark circles but thanks to this product they completely disappeared )
-Made my lower lashes longer, thicker and more voluminous
-works well with my concealer

*Cons :
-burns my eye !!! I once put it in my eye and it felt like I went blind! My eye hurt me so bad..
-didn't make my little wrinkles go away
-doesn't moisturise my under eye, the area is still dry

To conclude, if you are looking for an eye cream to help reduce your dark circles, this is the one ! But don't buy it if you want moisture because it doesn't do anything with dryness.

on 6/11/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

useless eye cream. better off using a night moisturizer for eye cream

on 1/12/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay. I read these reviews before I purchased and still decided to give it a go. First up, it's really moisturising. And glides on super easy.

However, it does nothing it claims to do. My bags are still there, in full force. So no reduction in them. And I still have some fine lines that haven't changed a bit.

Nice for what it is. You get a TON of product, this tube will last me another 6 months. But, it doesn't do much at all. Save your money.

on 4/10/2017 3:17:00 AM

its ok. but DOES NOT PERFORM WELL UNDER MAKEUP unless u like the look of different -colored -clumpy globs of foundation or concealer. moiturizing, hydrates all day or night. burns if I accidentlly get it in my eyes

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye cream is very moisturizing, however, the package must have a problem, as I found the water is seperated from its lotion when using it one day. Otherwise I will recommend it.

There are many good eye creams on the market. This is not one of them. There is nothing overly wrong with it per se, however my experience was that when I put it on at night in the morning I woke up with rough itchy skin on my lids. It also glides on in a very wet formula, which stings if you get it in your eyes accidentally, or as it soaks in. You get a lot for your money but save it and buy something better and creamier, it is gelatinous beforehand and watery in spread, not overly hydrating.

on 8/2/2016 8:04:00 PM

It hydratates the skin but it dis nothing for lines or dark circles around the eyes. I used an entire tube for 3 months.

on 7/13/2016 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have any expectations for this product - I thought it would literally do nothing for my eyes. Let me step back a moment and say that I bought this eye cream in a 3 for 2 sale because, though I'm 18 I have extremely dark under eye circles (I've just been born with it - it's not a sleep issue though sleep does, obviously, aggravate the problem). They're so bad it's almost like I've been punched on a really bad day.

The sales assistant told me that it would get rid of the darkness under my eyes and over time get rid of it. I bought it because I was aware that my eye area needs moisturizing just like the rest of my face but my regular moisturizer was too thick and heavy for it. So I thought I would give it a shot, you never know after all.

I have extremely oily eyelids and under eye circles. My skin type, overall, is oily. When I first applied this cream it made my under eye area burn a little. It no longer does that now though. I thought at the time that it was just a light reflecting cream and was only going to serve me cosmetically (like some Korean brand products I've tried). Some pros and cons:

PROs:
- it did actually fulfill most of its promises (hydrates, moisturizers and soothes). I don't know if it would reduce the appearance of fine lines because naturally I don't have any unless I'm tired. However, when I apply this on my more exhausted days it doesn't seem to do much for my lines, not that any concealer or other skincare product ever did.

- it actually reduced the darkness under my eyes significantly - and not just in a cosmetic way! Even if I forget to put this on some days, my under eyes haven't reverted to how they originally were.

- though it looks small, it actually lasts a long time as you don't need to use much product.

CONS:
- it can cause my eyelids (I apply it all over my eye area) to get quite oily as opposed to not putting any on. It doesn't really bother me that much, though. Moreover, the vitamin E range was created for people with dry skin, so it's my problem, really.

- a little pricy considering it's just the body shop.

- it's not that lightweight for me, personally. I find it feels a little heavy on my skin.

Overall I think if you just want an eye moisturizer with some "good skin stuff" (I think it contains hyaluronic acid and some kind of oil, and vitamin E obviously, too, but don't quote me on that) then this will suffice. I think it works more for prevention rather than, I don't know, treatment?

This was my first and so far the only eye cream I've used so I really cannot compare it to other brands. However, I apply it twice daily after cleansing and toning and moisturizing the rest of my face, and I am indebted to it for getting rid of my daily zombie look.

on 6/26/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream after talking to a sales assistant who convinced me to try it. I was very excited at first as I do use the Body Shop eau de toilette products. The reason for buying the eye cream is because I want to take better care of my eyes. I stopped using this eye cream after 3 days as I noticed that the fine lines are more noticeable and little bumps appeared under my eyes. I never had little skin bumps before and this worries me a lot. I really hope the bumps will go away with time. This product may work wonders for other users but my skin (sensitive) is not compatible with it.

on 8/25/2016 6:52:00 PM

I currently use the cleanser from the vitamin E line, and was surprised by the night cream. So I bought this eye cream and the night cream also.
However, I am currently forcing myself to work through the entire tube, which is difficult as it does irritate my eyes as soon as it gets close.
I have used this for 2 months now and I'm not even halfway through (My guess) It has done nothing for any dark circles, fine lines. It does feel moisturising as soon as it goes on, but that soon wears off. I would have given this product 2 stars if it hadn't irritated my eyes so much.

Tl;dr: Waste of money.