The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
Enter TitleSeaweed Mattifying Day CreamSeaweed Mattifying Day CreamSeaweed Mattifying Day Cream

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Zinc Gluconate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Hydrolyzed Algin (Soothing agent), Zinc Sulphate (Cosmetic Astringent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Propylene Glycol Alginate (Binder), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Sodium Stearate (Surfactant), Propylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Acacia Senegal Gum (Film Former), Serine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product has a very distasteful scent after application.

The packaging is unhygenic

The product mattifys to the point it actually collects oil, dirt and debris and CAUSES BREAKOUTS, if you are anything like me it will appear all over your cheeks, even if you never breakout there. Your entire face has small bkackheads and pustles.

I was trying to figure out what was going on with my skin and this is the problem. DON'T BUY IT

on 1/7/2017 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Initially was in love with this since it does what it promises to deliver, mattify and oil control for 8h of wear. I don't even need to put foundation on top of this. But I need to take 3 days break once I have put this on since it always causes acne all over the face. It's quite heavily scented and not meant for sensitive skin.

This is perfect in summer when you need a very light moisturiser, just enough to keep your skin comfortable after cleansing. It keeps the shine on my nose and forehead under control all day and is great under makeup. In winter when my cheeks and nose get dry this isn't enough, but I'll definitely keep using it in the warmer months.

on 8/25/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a substantial sample of this product and to be honest I wasn't that impressed. It is extremely light in texture and absorbed quickly but it left a weird residue on my face. Additionally my face was oily a few hours after applying so it definitely could not stand up to hot Canadian summers.

on 8/17/2016 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok moisturizer. I bought it when I first got into skincare and I liked it because my acne-prone skin can handle it. It's a very basic moisturizer and doesn't really do much other than add a touch of moisture. The only thing I use it for now is to dilute some skincare treatments like serums. However, I find that it makes my skin look more shiny in the morning than if I don't use it. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't have packaging problem with this since I don't have sensitive skin. Just started using this and it smells good at first but once you're rubbing it to your face, try smelling your palm and it stinks like old fish. I don't know if that's normal but it's good on mattifying my face so far. I think I might switch back to Olay regenerist or find a cheaper brand that has the same effect and does not stink.

Moisturises OK but nowhere near as much as BS's Aloe day cream, which seems to work much better for my rosacea, which dries out my skin.

on 4/19/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is supposedly aimed at my skin type - combination/oily - but I suspect it's not aimed at those of us who have that skin type coupled with sensitivity. As a result my combination/oily sensitive skin just couldn't handle this. If anything I would say this was too mattifying. After only a couple of days using this I actually started to notice dry patches on my cheeks and around my nose, which is something I very rarely suffer from even in the coldest of British winters. I'm all for having matt skin - especially on my oily t-zone - but not to the extent that it actually starts to make it go in the other direction, becoming dry and itchy!

As for the formulation, it's a pretty lightweight cream which is almost gel-like in consistency. For the short amount of time I used it (about 1 week) it always seemed to sink into my skin easily and it doesn't have an overpowering scent either - in fact it's a very fresh, pleasant smell.

Sadly TBS are just not hitting the spot with a lot of their facial skincare products for me of late. This is too harsh, their Aloe Vera range turned my face into a hot mess and their vitamin E range is just a massive NO from start to finish. Definitely won't be purchasing this again - in fact I now have a half-used tub of it that's heading straight for the bin!

on 2/14/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- It was a light cream and absorbed somewhat quickly.
- It smells nice.

Cons:
- Way too much fragrance. My skin burned after applying.
- Jar packaging is not super hygienic.
- Not moisturizing

on 2/12/2016 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have quite an oily skin and i really hoped that this cream would help mattify my skin but it didnt do much in terms of mattifying. It is a nics day cream it has quite a light texture and is quite easy to apply and it is quite moisturising. But i would probably not repurchase this.