The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
Enter TitleSeaweed Mattifying Day CreamSeaweed Mattifying Day CreamSeaweed Mattifying Day Cream

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Zinc Gluconate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Hydrolyzed Algin (Soothing agent), Zinc Sulphate (Cosmetic Astringent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Propylene Glycol Alginate (Binder), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Sodium Stearate (Surfactant), Propylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Acacia Senegal Gum (Film Former), Serine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good moisturizing but it stings your face a lot in areas that are not too oily. Just use in your oily spots and you're good to go.

on 7/24/2017 3:13:00 PM

Not good. I used it for 4 times and it got my skin look badder and got some ache. maybe because my skin isn't Oily i think it's good for Oily skins

on 1/7/2017 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Initially was in love with this since it does what it promises to deliver, mattify and oil control for 8h of wear. I don't even need to put foundation on top of this. But I need to take 3 days break once I have put this on since it always causes acne all over the face. It's quite heavily scented and not meant for sensitive skin.

This is perfect in summer when you need a very light moisturiser, just enough to keep your skin comfortable after cleansing. It keeps the shine on my nose and forehead under control all day and is great under makeup. In winter when my cheeks and nose get dry this isn't enough, but I'll definitely keep using it in the warmer months.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product has a very distasteful scent after application.

The packaging is unhygenic

The product mattifys to the point it actually collects oil, dirt and debris and CAUSES BREAKOUTS, if you are anything like me it will appear all over your cheeks, even if you never breakout there. Your entire face has small bkackheads and pustles.

I was trying to figure out what was going on with my skin and this is the problem. DON'T BUY IT

on 7/23/2017 4:50:00 PM

Argh. Well firstly I usually love The Body Shop, but this product is NOT one of my favourites. It has a very unpleasant, fish-like smell after application. It also feels a bit dry around my mouth area after applying.

The worst part is that I think it started to break me out, as I noticed small pimples just a few days after using this. Its definitely not worth the price.

The only positive aspect of this product is that it does mattify, especially because it gives you a slight glow without making you look greasy. It doesn't totally mattify you to a point that it makes you look like you have a white cast on your face (like some sunblock products do).

on 8/25/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a substantial sample of this product and to be honest I wasn't that impressed. It is extremely light in texture and absorbed quickly but it left a weird residue on my face. Additionally my face was oily a few hours after applying so it definitely could not stand up to hot Canadian summers.

on 8/17/2016 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok moisturizer. I bought it when I first got into skincare and I liked it because my acne-prone skin can handle it. It's a very basic moisturizer and doesn't really do much other than add a touch of moisture. The only thing I use it for now is to dilute some skincare treatments like serums. However, I find that it makes my skin look more shiny in the morning than if I don't use it. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't have packaging problem with this since I don't have sensitive skin. Just started using this and it smells good at first but once you're rubbing it to your face, try smelling your palm and it stinks like old fish. I don't know if that's normal but it's good on mattifying my face so far. I think I might switch back to Olay regenerist or find a cheaper brand that has the same effect and does not stink.

Moisturises OK but nowhere near as much as BS's Aloe day cream, which seems to work much better for my rosacea, which dries out my skin.