3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

A makeup artist friend of mine recommended I use this cleanser for my ruddy, sensitive complexion. It is one of the only cleansers that calms my skin and cleans it. I don't have to use a makeup remover, I just use it and a toner. I have less blemishes and less redness since I have started using it. It is $18 at whole foods and lasts about 1 - 2 months. It is probably a little more than I would like to pay for a facial cleanser but for me it is worth it. If I use anything else I have problems.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

10 years ago

Extraordinarily gentle, nice smell and great feel. You'll have to use a makeup remover for any eye makeup and an exfoliator at least once a week, if not several times. It leaves my skin soft and glowy, but I'm beginning to think it's just not strong enough for the oilier parts of my mixed-up skin. I recently got a pimple on my nose, where I have never gotten one before in more than 12 years of acne, whereas my normal acne-prone areas are hit-or-miss. My skin is changing now, and I'm not sure of the role this wash has had in it. If you've already got good skin, I'd highly recommend this product. When my face is in balance, it's a great asset.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

This product, in a nutshell, doesn't clean well, yet dries out my sensitive skin. I really wanted to like this cleanser. I've used and liked a couple of other Zia products. This one promises that it "gently yet effectively removes dirt and makeup". It does not. It was $17.00, which I would consider a fair price if it did what it promised, instead, it couldn't remove my pretty light makeup (I wear Olay Definity TM) and left my skin feeling dry. There is no way in hell I would repurchase this.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

11 years ago

I received this as a Christmas present and I LOVE it. It's helped with my adult acne (stress-induced) and rinses wonderfully clean. The scent is pleasant, clean, and not too strong. I don't think I've had any fresh breakouts since using this. I would recommend using a separate makeup remover, especially if you wear a lot of foundation and/or eye makeup, but that's generally the case. A cleanser isn't supposed to remove your makeup AND cleanse your skin; that would be like taking a shower with your clothes on!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

from

11 years ago

This cleanser was too harsh for my sensitive skin. I was really surprised (and disappointed) at how much it burned my skin.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

12 years ago

i have acne prone skin and this product for me is an ok pre wash. i have the original formula so i don't know what i think of the new ingredients, but recently i was able to find the original in a discount store and bought a couple. it is very mild with a great scent and works as a pre wash for those who need a little extra. i love the smell but it doesn't work for me by itself. i won't buy again because it just doesn't seem worth the cost.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

from

12 years ago

New formulation makes this an entirely different product. Not a little change, almost all the ingredients are different. I've used this for years, and frankly I'll have to give it up now. It gives me zits. Back to the drawing board for a hyper-mild cleanser for rosacea skin

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

12 years ago

I have been using this cleanser for 16 days. I am 30 years old and suffering from adult acne. I have used cleansers from Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and Mario Bedescu. I purchased this cleanser from Whole foods for $17, which I believe is fairly priced. Cost is no factor when it comes to something I cannot replace such as my skin or my teeth. This cleanser is wonderful! I have not broken out since I started using this gel. I use BE and this cleanser seems to take off my mineral makeup very well.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

3.0

12 years ago

Cleanses well without stripping or leaving a film. Seems to really calm my finnicky complexion -- which is really saying something. I have problems with sulfates, so this cleanser is just the ticket. I've strayed, but have always come back. I love the natural essence too. UPDATE: I am heartsick! They've changed the formula and I'm afraid to try it now.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

1.0

12 years ago

UPDATE: After a closer look I realized this was making my rosacea worse and I had to stop using it. Plus, it does not remove makeup on its own.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium