no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Tried in seduction. Includes a pink, green and brown color. Didn't last long and wasn't impressed with the colors

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

4 years ago

I received this as a gift in the Sex, Lux, Pax trio in color Du Cap. It contains three shimmery colors of off-white, pink and lilac. I dislike everything about this eye shadow. First of all, it is cheaply made for the high price tag. Think Wet & Wild quality cheap. The eye shadows are barely pigmented, chalky and there is a lot of fall out. I think I got more eye shadow falling into my eye than actually on my eye lid. And it creases immediately. Also contains paraben preservatives. Really crummy product.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2.0

9 years ago

Pretty to look at, good color combination, suitable size for traveling, decent application if you primed your eyes properly beforehand. For the price it's not worth it. I can find better quality eye shadows with the same price or even cheaper. A good thing mine was a present.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

11 years ago

I have Topaz Delux (brown, pearl beige, and white pearl). The colors look great and will not crease. These colors make my brown eyes look pretty. But, yes, they broke as I traveled with it. Now all three colors got mixed in the pot and cannot be used. $30 is quite a bit expensive if I can't use it until the end.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

I like the colors, mine has a cream color, copper and cocoa brown. I thought they wore well, no creasing.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

2.0

13 years ago

I liked my eye shadow trio until I dropped it, and the shadow crumbled to dust... I had purchased Sex, Lux, Pax shadow trio in Soul, and I love the colors - (true gold, copper, and light pinky/golden beige). I really should have known better than to purchase this product, I had bought an eye shadow trio a few years ago in different colors, with the same result (an easily broken eye shadow that delivers a <u>big</u> disappointment). But I guess I was dazzled by the pretty colors, and forgot about my past unfortunate purchase. <p> I will never re-purchase now that I've learned my lesson -- the shadow trio is way too expensive ($30.00) to have the product crumble and mix all three colors together one month after the initial purchase. I don't recommend this product. I'm giving this product two lippies <u>only</u> because I liked the colors so much.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

14 years ago

I bought Sun, Moon, Stars Trio in Stella Untold from Sephora.com. The description said it was melon, mauve pink, and glittery brown. The brown was great. I have blue-green eyes and the dark brown with a hint of gold-bronze gleam(not glitter) was awesome as a liner(I prefer brown because it looks more natural than black). The melon was exactly that. It had no shimmer in it whatsoever. I could barely see it and wasn't flattering. The "mauve pink" was just a sheer lilac with a slight, I mean slight, shimmer. Not really my style. This went back to Sephora. I absolutely loved the brown, but $30 is too much for one eyeshadow. The sun, moon, and stars designs are cute, but not really functional, if you use a liner brush you have to work around them. Also, the colors are not divided into different little pots, which would make it difficult when they get worn down. If anyone has a suggestion for a replacement to this brown, PLEASE let me know.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

14 years ago

No staying power. No pigment. Returned back to Sephora.

About reviewer (426 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

15 years ago

Highly pigmented, great eyeshadow! I have the trio in sundance (gold, bronze, and dark brown) and I love the way all the colors blend so well. The eyeshadow is very smooth so making the colors blend together is not hard at all.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

16 years ago

These suck. B/c of these I have never bought another VL product again. I bought the Soul Trio years ago, maybe 4? (I'm just getting around to reviewing it now b/c I didn't join MUA until 6 mos ago). The colors are pretty (true yellow-gold, golden-bronze, and a pinky-gold) and have decent pigmentation. But they broke on me right away. I didn't drop it or anything. I was so mad, I thought I got a defective product, so I returned it. No dice -- it broke again. I just kept it instead of returning it since I knew it wasn't the store's fault -- I just blamed the crappy quality of VL instead. And then my best friend, who had purchased a Trio independently of me, confirmed it: hers broke too. We commiserated and agreed: NO MORE VL PRODUCTS FOR US.

About reviewer (368 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium