Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.9

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 7/2/2017 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have fair, combination, extremely sensitive, reactive skin and Dr Hauschka's Quince Day Cream is my saving grace.

The Rose Day Cream is too heavy and the Rose Light is too light. Quince Day Cream is perfect! I have tried MANY other facial moisturizers and always go back to this product. I am 50 years old and am told that I look 10-15 years younger. I have been using Retin-A every few nights and Dr. Hauschka in the daytime since my early 20's. Although it does not have specific anti-aging properties - that's what the Retin-A is for - it keeps my skin perfectly hydrated.

There is nothing else like it for sensitive, combination skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My HG long-lasting day cream. It's 110% moisturizing, even in this harsher-than-ever English Winter. It smells so crisp and summery (another amazing thing in Winter), it lasts all day, the packaging is lovely. It's quite expensive but I never find that a problem if a product lasts so long, and I'm prepared to spend money on very few things and my skin is one of them. My moisturizing match made in heaven!

on 2/10/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product! The first time I tried it, it was a little tingly on my skin. But I tried to let that go. Then after the next day I started to see little bumps on my skin and redness. I knew that this was the cause! I feel that the lemony scent that it has is also very irritating. I wish I knew what ingredient it is that irritates my skin, but I cant figure it out since this is suppose to be very holistic. Over all it did give some glow to my skin! which was great if i didn't get the redness and spots on my face with it! :( Also, its not that hydrating. IF you have dry skin DONT buy it !

This product is great for people who do NOT have sensitive skin.

Before I purchased this product, I did a bit of research and came across this brand Dr. Hauschka. It seemed to fit all my requirements; being all natural and quality.

I approached a SA at the Dr Hauschka counter and gave a brief description of what my skin was like (dry combination) and she suggested I try the quince cream. I must admit the product that I wanted to try was the Rejuvenating mask which I heard raved about. (Luckily for me a free sample of that product came with the Quince day cream).

I started to use it and for me this is not a rave product, but my skin has probably benefited from using it in some ways; even though it doesn't feel nice on.

It has kind of sticky film feeling, however it was a very good base to my mineral make up and so far hasn't given much of an oily t-zone during wear- which I despise.

My skin quality has improved since wearing it though, it appears less stressed and blotchy when I have clean bare skin.

So to sum it up in pro and con form:

Cons
Value; very small packaging it has lasted me a couple of months so far but is running out now.
A bit sticky feeling whilst wearing.
Not a holy grail product for me.

Pros
It is meant to be natural so I have experienced overall calmer less blotchy skin.
A little bit goes a long way; I think I maybe using a bit too much so the next purchase hopefully will last longer.

Would I recommend? Hmm maybe not unless the person wants to get away from nasty chemical and into natural skin care. This is not a brand you should frivolously try; it's more a brand you approach when you a making a change of lifestyle.

on 6/28/2010 2:05:00 PM

This cream smells terrible (sort of lemon and it is very persistent) and it does not do anything to moisturise my skin. Pretty inoffensive and not effective. The packaging is handy for travelling purposes, but the product is really not doing anything for me. Why do they put this rubbish on the market?

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

my HG moisturiser. its nourishing, hydrating and makes my skin glow. my skin feels so good this moisturiser completes my favourite dr hauschka routine. costs quite a bit but worth it, a little goes a long way!

on 3/30/2008 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients.

on 1/21/2008 2:28:00 AM

Oh my! what a disappointment!
I just bought Quince day cream, because my Rose light cream (which I absolutely love) was nearly over and unfortunately, Rose cream + cleansing cream are in shortage in greece as I found out... So, I decided to try the quince cream which is described here by MUA reviewers as a little heavier than rose cream light. Since my skin is dehydrated because of the cold weather I thought that it would be ok.

Well it's not. It gives me a sticky feeling on my face, which fortunately doesn't show on my skin after 10-15 minutes. But heaviness is not my real problem: irritation is. I have sensitive skin, that forms red patches around my nose and mouth if it's dehydrated or treated with something that it doesn't like. Apparently, it doesn't like quince cream. The minute I put it on, I feel a mild stinging which subsides later, but then, along with the sticky clogged feeling, I feel my skin tingling! So instead of calming my red skin, this cream makes it ever redder, itchy with a burning feeling. Judging by the smell of the cream, I would say that it's high on citric acids, which I cannot understand how can be considered as appropriate for sensitive, normal to dry skin. Definitely not recommended for sensitive, prone to redness skin! I'll go back to my rose light cream, as soon as the shortage is over. Until then, I'll use avene's anti-redness cream: didn't cure the redness last time I used it, but didn't irritate me either. That was 25 euros gone down the drain... Hope I can use it on my hands at least...

UPDATE: Now that my face face has calmed down (thanks to Rose Light Day Cream) I find I can wear Quince without giving me a tingle. It still accentuate my red spots though and is much greasier than rose light so I only wear it in the house or above Rose light now that it's really cold outside. Won't repurchase for sure.

on 12/6/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had a small tube of this inside one of the travel sets. I have been using it for the past three days now (today being day four). I like the texture of the product and I am pretty neutral as to what I feel the product "does for my skin". But I simply can not tolerate the scent of it. Its not like I dislike things with a scent to them (have you ever smelled Clarins Neck Cream? DIVINE) but the scent to me in this is borderline nauseating. And it LINGERS so I feel like the scent is overpowering. Would not purchase because I find the scent unpleasant. I will be using what is left of it today and moving on to my trial size of the Rose Day Cream starting tomorrow.

on 6/8/2007 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Great moisturizer that is gentle enough to use even when I have out breaks of perioral dermatitis. Have super reactive allergic to everything skin and Quince cream does not bother me at all. Light going on and keeps my skin hydrated all day. Metal tube can be a pain for travel but you do not need a lot so tube lasts a while. Quince cream is one of the items that comes in the Dr. Hauschka "Daily Face Care Kit" so you can try it and other Dr. H. products out for about $20.