Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

2.0

1 review

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 11/30/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for a replacement for my (out of stock? being reformulated? discontinued?) Aveda moisturizer, and this is one of the ones that I tried. Purchased in a sample box of Dr. Hauschka products for normal to dry, sensitive skin.

The good:
I didn't have any untoward reactions to it during my roughly 2-week trial period, which is unusual for me.
It smells great. I love the smell of many German and European cosmetics, and this is no exception -- a lovely, organic-smelling, mild citrus.
The texture is nice, light and non-greasy.
I can't remember what the full-size package was like, but I love the hygienic, utilitarian, unfussy paint-style tube the sample's packed in.
The meh:
It doesn't really do anything for my skin at all. The "moisturizing" qualities are mediocre at best, and don't last, and it certainly does nothing against the increasing dryness of early winter, or my incipient age lines.
The verdict:
An inoffensive entrant, but certainly not worth buying again.