Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 6/28/2010 2:05:00 PM

This cream smells terrible (sort of lemon and it is very persistent) and it does not do anything to moisturise my skin. Pretty inoffensive and not effective. The packaging is handy for travelling purposes, but the product is really not doing anything for me. Why do they put this rubbish on the market?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Well, I used this for about two months over the summer and wasn't impressed with this product. It's not the worst moisturizer ever but it's certainly not the best. The consistency is in between thick and thin/watery, leaning more towards thin and it's not moisturizing by any means. It does, however, manage to make you look oily. I don't think it gave me any blemishes, but it didn't do anything amazing to my skin.

on 1/2/2010 10:06:00 PM

I have sensitive/combination/oily skin and I thought this cream would work nicely, but it appeared to do nothing for my skin. My daughter, however, likes it and it looks wonderful on her normal/young face.

Pros: easily spread, scent is not too overpowering, works on protecting faces that are young and normal

Cons: not suitable for older/hard to diagnose skin.

Best to purchase a trial kit that has sample sizes of their products to get a feel for what works with your skintype.

on 9/29/2009 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Started using this product last week as I needed a basic natural, organic moisturizer. I have mild sensitivity on my face with the beginings of rosacea on my cheeks. My t zone is oily, oily, oily so I need to be pretty careful about the products I use. Dr H Rythmatic Conditioner Sensitive really works for my rosacea clams it down straight away, I use a pea sized amount straight after cleansing at night. I don't know yet how well this moisturizer will suit my skin but the previous comments from other users about a glowing effect and a natural moist dewy skin do really seem to be true and no oily t zone! Will wait a few months to see the lasting effect before making a final judgement but so far v v happy.

on 12/27/2006 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this moisturiser and feel so uplifted and yet soothed at the same time. It is really nourishing and I love to use them when I switch from liz Earle Skin Repair Light. I have oily/combination skin and this is so light yet substantial! It has a lovely clean fresh lemon-like scent and a tiny bit goes a long way (especially on top of my Dr H Clarifying Toner)! its great with Normalising Day Oil on top for those harsh wintry days! :-) A definite keeper and one I will re-buy as I love pretty much the entire Dr Hauschka range and despite changing my routine all the time this is the brand I return to when my skin is the most troublesome and in need of TLC. 30ml tube is now about 18 GP.

on 11/8/2006 12:08:00 PM

I wasn't keen on this at first but having fallen out of love with my last moisturiser (Olay) I gave this a chance and my skin seems to be loving it. I find it a bit greasy when first applying but this seems to disappear quite quickly and it actually seems to control the shine on my forehead. Like the fresh smell too. Only problem with it is no SPF. This will do very nicely for now, but still saving up for my Sisley cream!

YUMMY! - You put this OVER the daily moisturizer if you need help rejuvinating your skin ...don't need to put a lot over the daily moisturizer, just a tad bit. You'll find that the more you use the whole Hauschka line, the less you'll need additional moisturizers and bells and whistles, as your skin begins to regulate itself (which is the whole point of the line)....***I say this in all my reviews about this line: to benefit of Hauschka (1) you have to use the whole line together to get the best effect, and (2) you have to use the line for at LEAST two months to REALLY see the difference. Check out my review for the Hauschka Cleansing Milk...it's a REALLY indepth review about the whole line....if you don't know where to get the line, I know spas and boutiques usually carry it, Whole Foods carries it, but I ALWAYS get my products at Sephora (sephora stands behind all the products they carry so it's a safe buy).

Great smelling moisturizer for oily/combo skin. Did not make me break out. I prefer the rose cream because I use less of it and I like the smell better. This is a good basic moisturizer-- you could probably find one as good for a little less price-wise, though. It's around $30 for the tube.

I like this cream a lot. It's lightweight yet emollient enough for dry skin. I use this now in the summer and the rose cream in the winter. Quince day cream makes the skin dewy fresh and glowing. The smell is a little strange but I like it.

on 5/13/2003 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It smells great, this cream reminding me of my mothers experiments with quince-marmalade when I was a kid. Its a really pleasant moisturizer with a good price considering the quality of product you actually get. And it comes in a tube! My favorite packaging. Its geared toward normal to dry and sensitive skintypes, however a dry skin probably needs more unless youre using the Rythmic night conditioner from the same line. I love it during the summer and when I need something extra during this period I combine the quince cream with one of the Decleor-lines aromaessences. Completely un-holy but they work great together.