Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.6

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 7/9/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost done my tube so I believe I gave this a fair try. This did not do anything for me in terms of moisturizing and I found it irritating for my skin. It gave me red spots and broke me out on numerous occasions. If you have very sensitive skin, this is not for you. I was eager to try Dr. Hauschka since I heard so many good things about the brand but this cream really was not for me. It has a very strong "granny" smell, and the texture is richer than a lotion but not as rich as a cream. It has a mustardy yellow colour. I wore it twice a day for at least two weeks at first (now I am just trying to finish it) and I still had dry skin. However, I have combination skin so maybe I did not choose the right formula. It was very expensive, maybe 45$ CAD at the health food store. The packaging is a metal tube, so it's okay. Maybe I should have returned it.

on 7/2/2007 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample-size tube of this inside one of the facial trial kits. It sat around unused for monthes (other than on the back of my hand) because I didn't like the smell and felt sure that anything citrusy smelling would dry out and irritate my sensitive/oily/mildly acne prone skin. I recently stopped using Retin-A since it was way too harsh. Between that and going out in the sun my skin was a little bit dry. After reading reviews here that assured me that the lotion was very gentle and suitable for sensitive skin, I gave it a try. It moisturized the dry patches and seemed to dry out the acne! A miracle for combination skin! It gave my face a glow but did not leave it greasy or shiny--and I used it on a 95-degree day with nasty humidity! Did not cause any break-outs but I also haven't been using it long enough--will update in a week or two. It just made my skin look and feel SO nice that I was moved to write a review of it. I am considering purchasing a full-size tube if I still love it when the trial-size tube runs out. How to use: I use a very small amount (just barely bigger than pea-sized) warmed between my fingers and pressed onto my face while still moist from Dr. Hauschka toner. As I said, gives you a glow and won't leave you greasy. I actually have been using the whole line for a couple of weeks and people have been commenting on my skin and asking what I use. If this moisturizer keeps working wonderfully it will top my list as my FAVORITE Dr. Hauschka product. (Right now the day oil tops the list!)

I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer! Finally... a day cream that packs the moisture in without leaving a greasy film on skin. Love it, love it, love it! And I haven't even gotten to the delicious smell yet! Like lemon merangue pie! Yummy! Perfect moisturizer for someone with slighty dry or normal skin.

Will repurchase for sure!

I bought this on Ebay and have used it for a week. It works well under makeup and doesn't cause my face to breakout. I hate the price, but haven't found anything else that comes close.
Michelle

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I bought the "mini" sampler of this product and I like it. It's not as strong as Rose Day Cream (meaning oily) and it doesn't leave the shine. Thumbs up.