Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.7

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Of all the natural products I tested this spring and summer, this cream was a winner. Although I don't think I would seek this out again, I said I would repurchase.

The smell is herbal which I prefer. The cream is actually very nice. It absorbed. It moisturized. No breakouts. Soothing to my sensitive skin. I really enjoyed this cream. I find it mixes superbly with my Cover FX drops to create a foundation similar to (but not quite as good) my NARS tinted moisturizer. This is how I will probably finish the tube. I have other moisturizers which are more effective and/or better value. However, this is a solid contender. I also found the packaging of these products to be pretty good as well. Great to keep air and muck out, but don't be too zealous squeezing tube or you will have a mess whenever you remove the cap.

on 7/2/2017 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have fair, combination, extremely sensitive, reactive skin and Dr Hauschka's Quince Day Cream is my saving grace.

The Rose Day Cream is too heavy and the Rose Light is too light. Quince Day Cream is perfect! I have tried MANY other facial moisturizers and always go back to this product. I am 50 years old and am told that I look 10-15 years younger. I have been using Retin-A every few nights and Dr. Hauschka in the daytime since my early 20's. Although it does not have specific anti-aging properties - that's what the Retin-A is for - it keeps my skin perfectly hydrated.

There is nothing else like it for sensitive, combination skin.

I have dry skin. This cream didn't do anything special. I used it up but won't miss it. I like that this line is cruelty-free but it doesn't do much for me.

on 11/24/2014 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried the Quince Day cream because for whatever reason it cost less than my usual Rose Day Cream at Whole Foods (Both are around $40 for a tiny 1 ounce tube.).

It smells great and feels OK but is a weird color - yellowish.
Not a fan of that.

Just OK for the money there are better products.

on 10/3/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Every skincare product I use is from Dr Hauschka except my makeup remover (organic olive oil on a wet cotton pad).
I have tried different moisturizers (the Rose Cream, Rose Cream light, Quince Cream).
Quince Cream is my favourite! It's gentle, smells fantastic (citrusy sweet yummy) and goes INTO skin and doesn't leave that thin layer that goes away with first contact with water.
It really hydrates skin and you can feel what good quality it is. No high end brand can beat this in my opinion. I use it all year around except during the harshest winter months here in Sweden. During that time I need a thicker cream, the Rose Cream.
Quince Cream is also good for blending out foundations. Lasts a while and is well worth the money. I'm a student and don't have that much money to spend on skin care but I can't live without this stuff, Dr Hauschka is the only line of products that keep my skin healthy and glowing.
Got to mention that my boyfriend stays close to my face and wants to smell my cheeks when I use the quince cream. So I guess that's a good thing :)

I love the packaging. I know it's not very 'pretty' or anything, but at least it is hygienic! I love the smell of the creme, it's so lovely. It's great my face stays moisturised, without all kinds of chemical nasties! :) Would definitely repurchase!

One con, though! It has no spf... But I use some sunscreen on top of it, when I go out.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this as a light moisturizer, although I prefer the Rose Day Cream. The Quince cream has a strong scent, though milder than the Moisturizing Day Cream, which I found much too cloying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was surprised to like this product.

I tried the Rose Day cream and it didn't help my dry patches, so I didn't think this one would do anything for me. I was wrong -- this product was better for my skin. It absorbed well, and even soothed the dry, flaky areas on my forehead and around my nose.

The main reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because the price is a bit too high. Although I don't need much for my face (it's quite concentrated), it's still at least $1 a mL.

Also, I've since discovered Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta moisture cream -- it gets rid of my dry patches, smells just as nice and costs only about $20 for 4 oz.

Before I purchased this product, I did a bit of research and came across this brand Dr. Hauschka. It seemed to fit all my requirements; being all natural and quality.

I approached a SA at the Dr Hauschka counter and gave a brief description of what my skin was like (dry combination) and she suggested I try the quince cream. I must admit the product that I wanted to try was the Rejuvenating mask which I heard raved about. (Luckily for me a free sample of that product came with the Quince day cream).

I started to use it and for me this is not a rave product, but my skin has probably benefited from using it in some ways; even though it doesn't feel nice on.

It has kind of sticky film feeling, however it was a very good base to my mineral make up and so far hasn't given much of an oily t-zone during wear- which I despise.

My skin quality has improved since wearing it though, it appears less stressed and blotchy when I have clean bare skin.

So to sum it up in pro and con form:

Cons
Value; very small packaging it has lasted me a couple of months so far but is running out now.
A bit sticky feeling whilst wearing.
Not a holy grail product for me.

Pros
It is meant to be natural so I have experienced overall calmer less blotchy skin.
A little bit goes a long way; I think I maybe using a bit too much so the next purchase hopefully will last longer.

Would I recommend? Hmm maybe not unless the person wants to get away from nasty chemical and into natural skin care. This is not a brand you should frivolously try; it's more a brand you approach when you a making a change of lifestyle.

on 6/28/2010 2:05:00 PM

This cream smells terrible (sort of lemon and it is very persistent) and it does not do anything to moisturise my skin. Pretty inoffensive and not effective. The packaging is handy for travelling purposes, but the product is really not doing anything for me. Why do they put this rubbish on the market?