Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a doctor and used to work in plastics. I have studied cosmetics and administer Botox and dermafillers for my friends and family as a hobby. I have reasearched cosmetics extensively and the harsh truth is... there is no such thing as an antiwrinkle cream that works. You are only buying a dream when you spend a fortune on overpriced creams. Serums and certain products can improve the quality of your skin but NOT get rid of wrinkles. For that, you need Botox, fillers or surgery.

So, use a good serum (Dr Sebaghs serums are the best) and then use a basic moisturiser which does exactly that... provide your skin with moisture. This one and the Rose Day Cream are, in my opinion, your best bets. They are inexpensive and extremely high quality.

A final tip... vary the moisturisers you use. Dr Hauschka manufactures several different ones so, find the one you like the most but alternate every so often.

on 7/9/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am almost done my tube so I believe I gave this a fair try. This did not do anything for me in terms of moisturizing and I found it irritating for my skin. It gave me red spots and broke me out on numerous occasions. If you have very sensitive skin, this is not for you. I was eager to try Dr. Hauschka since I heard so many good things about the brand but this cream really was not for me. It has a very strong "granny" smell, and the texture is richer than a lotion but not as rich as a cream. It has a mustardy yellow colour. I wore it twice a day for at least two weeks at first (now I am just trying to finish it) and I still had dry skin. However, I have combination skin so maybe I did not choose the right formula. It was very expensive, maybe 45$ CAD at the health food store. The packaging is a metal tube, so it's okay. Maybe I should have returned it.

on 6/8/2007 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Great moisturizer that is gentle enough to use even when I have out breaks of perioral dermatitis. Have super reactive allergic to everything skin and Quince cream does not bother me at all. Light going on and keeps my skin hydrated all day. Metal tube can be a pain for travel but you do not need a lot so tube lasts a while. Quince cream is one of the items that comes in the Dr. Hauschka "Daily Face Care Kit" so you can try it and other Dr. H. products out for about $20.

on 9/14/2004 10:37:00 AM

OK -- I am venturing into the world of Dr. Hauschka. After getting fed up with all the "hope in a jar" hype and packaging and nonsense of most skincare lines, I settled down for years to a minimal regime of Clinique's Dramatically Diff Moisturizer and plain water, period. Which worked OK, but recently I've realized that Clinique just *looks* clean and basic--in fact it's loaded with dyes, preservatives, mineral oil, and other toxins/possible carcinogens. In my quest for something healthier I've (re)discovered Dr. Hauschka, and am hoping that this might really work for me! I've begun with the skin care sampler for normal/dry skin (a great way to start), and after a week am seeing some results. (I have combo skin: tendency to oil on forehead and nose, but normal/dry elsewhere. Occasional flaking on cheeks in winter) Will post again later to follow up. But in the meantime I can strongly recommend this quince cream--which is really lovely. You put a tiny (large pea-sized, really) amount on, and it both absorbs AND leaves a tender waxy film on the skin, which seems to last all day and does feel "protective", as their literature claims. The quince cream is the lightest of the three basic moisturizers, the SA informed me. (I had mistakenly thought the Daily Moisturizer was the lightest, and was getting a serious oil slick from it.) The smell takes a little getting used to--all Dr. Hauschka products have a slightly funky herbal/essential oil scent--but it dissipates fairly quickly. After some experimenting I'm finding that it's best to avoid putting any on my "T-zone" (nose/forehead), but that it works beautifully as an eye cream. About the packaging: people have been complaining about the old-fashioned tube design, but just remember--it's cleaner than a jar, preserves the contents better, is cheaper and more environmentally sound. Plus Hauschka sells a little tube squeezer so you can get that last bit out. Yes, it's a bit expensive--but only a bit more than Clinique, and FAR less than all those ridiculously overpriced, toxic, overpackaged products from Shiseido, Chanel, La Mer, La Prairie, Decleor, etc etc.
P.S. Re: the thyroid/hair shedding problem mentioned by the last reviewer. I called my local natural cosmetics/Hauschka boutique (in Northampton, MA) to ask about this. They're very nice, earnest people who are all Hauschka users/devotees, and said that they had NEVER (in years of dealing in Hauschka products) heard of anything of the kind. (Good luck, and hope you feel better, BTW)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My HG long-lasting day cream. It's 110% moisturizing, even in this harsher-than-ever English Winter. It smells so crisp and summery (another amazing thing in Winter), it lasts all day, the packaging is lovely. It's quite expensive but I never find that a problem if a product lasts so long, and I'm prepared to spend money on very few things and my skin is one of them. My moisturizing match made in heaven!

on 8/31/2011 8:25:00 AM

This cream is amazing. I was using active moist( dermalogica) for summer and skin smoothing cream for winter. But still especially in winter, I get dry patches around my nose and mouth. So I started to search again at makeupalley. This cream is best I ever seen. But I apply it in a different way. Im using it for one and a half month and here is my observations:

1)There is no patches at all.
2)I noticed the difference in my skin. Ever since I used the cream, I got no pimples, seriously. This was unexpected. I got clear skin thanks to quince cream.
3)when I get up, I dont have an thick residue. Like I just moisturized my face. So it balances oil production.

4)And the best part is it is very economical in use. Dont waste money on dermalogica! It is summer, so I wet my hand, put one third of a pea size, and put it on my face. That way I dont put too much product and feel waxy as others mentioned. However when my boyfriend applied it( without water) he said his skin feels blocked, like cant breathe( note: he has oily skin and applied full pea size). So, in my opinion, applying it with water is key.

I think when weather turns colder, I'm gonna apply it over moist face ( after bath or cleansing).

I keep my cream in the refrigerator. For better storage of ingredients and I feel more refreshed after applying it.

About the smell, It smells kind of lemons and quince. That is not very common but I enjoy it. It has definitely way better smell than chemical odor of active moist and lavanderish odor of skin smoothing cream which I find very unpleasant.

definitely buy again! This cream does its job! even more

on 11/2/2002 2:52:00 PM

My favorite Dr.Hauschka product so far. I have tried the rose day cream, cleansing lotion, and day lotion, which were lovely but somehow not as gripping. This had the prefect texture for my combo to slightly dry skin, w/ a refreshing scent that I love. Imparts a glow and velvety texture.

on 2/10/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product! The first time I tried it, it was a little tingly on my skin. But I tried to let that go. Then after the next day I started to see little bumps on my skin and redness. I knew that this was the cause! I feel that the lemony scent that it has is also very irritating. I wish I knew what ingredient it is that irritates my skin, but I cant figure it out since this is suppose to be very holistic. Over all it did give some glow to my skin! which was great if i didn't get the redness and spots on my face with it! :( Also, its not that hydrating. IF you have dry skin DONT buy it !

This product is great for people who do NOT have sensitive skin.

on 11/30/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for a replacement for my (out of stock? being reformulated? discontinued?) Aveda moisturizer, and this is one of the ones that I tried. Purchased in a sample box of Dr. Hauschka products for normal to dry, sensitive skin.

The good:
I didn't have any untoward reactions to it during my roughly 2-week trial period, which is unusual for me.
It smells great. I love the smell of many German and European cosmetics, and this is no exception -- a lovely, organic-smelling, mild citrus.
The texture is nice, light and non-greasy.
I can't remember what the full-size package was like, but I love the hygienic, utilitarian, unfussy paint-style tube the sample's packed in.
The meh:
It doesn't really do anything for my skin at all. The "moisturizing" qualities are mediocre at best, and don't last, and it certainly does nothing against the increasing dryness of early winter, or my incipient age lines.
The verdict:
An inoffensive entrant, but certainly not worth buying again.

on 10/3/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Every skincare product I use is from Dr Hauschka except my makeup remover (organic olive oil on a wet cotton pad).
I have tried different moisturizers (the Rose Cream, Rose Cream light, Quince Cream).
Quince Cream is my favourite! It's gentle, smells fantastic (citrusy sweet yummy) and goes INTO skin and doesn't leave that thin layer that goes away with first contact with water.
It really hydrates skin and you can feel what good quality it is. No high end brand can beat this in my opinion. I use it all year around except during the harshest winter months here in Sweden. During that time I need a thicker cream, the Rose Cream.
Quince Cream is also good for blending out foundations. Lasts a while and is well worth the money. I'm a student and don't have that much money to spend on skin care but I can't live without this stuff, Dr Hauschka is the only line of products that keep my skin healthy and glowing.
Got to mention that my boyfriend stays close to my face and wants to smell my cheeks when I use the quince cream. So I guess that's a good thing :)