Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 30-35
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.9

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this as a light moisturizer, although I prefer the Rose Day Cream. The Quince cream has a strong scent, though milder than the Moisturizing Day Cream, which I found much too cloying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was surprised to like this product.

I tried the Rose Day cream and it didn't help my dry patches, so I didn't think this one would do anything for me. I was wrong -- this product was better for my skin. It absorbed well, and even soothed the dry, flaky areas on my forehead and around my nose.

The main reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because the price is a bit too high. Although I don't need much for my face (it's quite concentrated), it's still at least $1 a mL.

Also, I've since discovered Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta moisture cream -- it gets rid of my dry patches, smells just as nice and costs only about $20 for 4 oz.

on 2/11/2008 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i can only compare this to the rose cream original...and it's lighter than that, but *almost* as moisturizing. my skin really feels calm and more even after using this. it has been doing what i though the rose cream should, but wasn't. i do like the rose cream, scent and all, but this quince has a really great scent also, citrusy and light.....and i think i almost like it better. the texture seems more able to soak into my skin and make it smoother faster. i don't think i've had any adverse reactions from this so far.....perhaps if people have an irritation it could be from the essential oils. i do have sensitive skin, but haven't really been bothered by this. all skins are different. however, with all that being said, this doesn't have an spf for the daytime, and i feel i should be using one everyday. i might put a little of this on first, then my lotion with spf afterwards. i'm still on my trial size and am not sure if i'd spring for the full size or not. but this is a quite lovely cream!

This product might be good for the winter or as a night cream, but even at 31, it's still too heavy for me. If this is the lightest of all the day creams, I would never try the others! It is most definately a cream, not a lotion or simple moisturizer. It does leave a film on your face. However due to the natural ingredients, it doesn't break you out. The ingredients are: water, apricot oil, extracts from clover and quince seeds, alcohol, extracts from carrot, glycerin, shea butter, almond oil, olive oil, cetearyl alcohol, avocado oil, extracts from okra leaves, jojoba oil, bee wax, quince wax, lecithin, bentonite, extracts from witch hazel, citral, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, linalool, farnesol, benzyl benzoate, oakmoss lichen oil, xanthan gum.

I love it right now!
It's very moisturising yet gentle and not stinging on my combo/sensitive skin like so many commercial products.
It makes my skin glow and protects very well. Good base for makeup. Perfect for autumn. I will switch to Rose Cream in deep winter.
Great quality stuff.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was part of the Daily Skincare Kit and didn't really do much of anything. I guess for the money I expected it to smell like a Quince but it just smelled like plain hand cream. The Moisturizing Day Cream is a better buy.

on 7/20/2004 11:11:00 AM

This is by far my favourite moisturiser in the Dr. Hauschka line. If I could, I'd award it a galaxy of stars. It comes in a metal tube, which I like, and it suits my normal-to-dry skin. It's a soft yellow cream, not too light and not too heavy - perfect for everyday facial moisturising. The smell is divine - sort of resiny and fresh. A little goes a long way, and it leaves my skin looking clear and smooth and healthy after using Dr H's Cleansing Cream. I prefer this one to the Rose Cream, which is a lot thicker and heavier - maybe more suitable for very cold winter skincare.
The price is ok too, considering how much benefit this delivers to my skin. A staple.

on 2/15/2004 5:50:00 AM

I love this moisturizer. It's really refreshing and absorbs quickly. It makes my skin soft, refreshed and moisturized. It didn't cause any breakouts or extra shine on my combo/sensitive skin. Great product plus its free from chemical preservatives.