Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.7

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this as a light moisturizer, although I prefer the Rose Day Cream. The Quince cream has a strong scent, though milder than the Moisturizing Day Cream, which I found much too cloying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was surprised to like this product.

I tried the Rose Day cream and it didn't help my dry patches, so I didn't think this one would do anything for me. I was wrong -- this product was better for my skin. It absorbed well, and even soothed the dry, flaky areas on my forehead and around my nose.

The main reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because the price is a bit too high. Although I don't need much for my face (it's quite concentrated), it's still at least $1 a mL.

Also, I've since discovered Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta moisture cream -- it gets rid of my dry patches, smells just as nice and costs only about $20 for 4 oz.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am a doctor and used to work in plastics. I have studied cosmetics and administer Botox and dermafillers for my friends and family as a hobby. I have reasearched cosmetics extensively and the harsh truth is... there is no such thing as an antiwrinkle cream that works. You are only buying a dream when you spend a fortune on overpriced creams. Serums and certain products can improve the quality of your skin but NOT get rid of wrinkles. For that, you need Botox, fillers or surgery.

So, use a good serum (Dr Sebaghs serums are the best) and then use a basic moisturiser which does exactly that... provide your skin with moisture. This one and the Rose Day Cream are, in my opinion, your best bets. They are inexpensive and extremely high quality.

A final tip... vary the moisturisers you use. Dr Hauschka manufactures several different ones so, find the one you like the most but alternate every so often.

Twice a year there comes a time when I like to give my skin a break from all the active anti aging products I use constantly. I pair down my routine to a gentle cleanser and a simple organic moisturizer. Quince Cream has been my go to product on these occasions for a while. It is a rich cream with a light scent of quince. It keeps my skin hydrated and a little greasy looking all day. I like the way my skin "wakes up" when I put this cream on and it feels protected and nourished. It is a great product to use any time my skin feels a little sensitive or dehydrated. It is a good, basic moisturizer and some times that is my skin needs.

on 4/28/2009 11:54:00 AM

My HG day cream without spf. Smells divine. Goes on smoothly and sinks in fast, not greasy and perfect base for makeup. After a few days my skin without makeup just glowed. Ingredients are all organic and top quality. This is an AMAZING cream - try rose cream if you have dry skin but for my normal-combination skin this is perfection! Packaging a bit lack lustre but hey when the stuff inside is so amazing who cares! Will buy again and again...

on 11/19/2008 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice moisturiser. It's very light, but still provided enough moisturiser for my combination / normal skin. I'm not super keen on the texture, which I think is a bit matte, I definately prefer something with a bit more slip. But this would be great if the weather was very warm, but I live in the UK, so mainly it's cold here! I probably wouldn't repurchase, and I much prefer the Dr H Rose light moisturiser

on 8/23/2008 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love this cream. Light texture. Penetrates well. Does not cause break outs. Makes my skin alive.

on 2/11/2008 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i can only compare this to the rose cream original...and it's lighter than that, but *almost* as moisturizing. my skin really feels calm and more even after using this. it has been doing what i though the rose cream should, but wasn't. i do like the rose cream, scent and all, but this quince has a really great scent also, citrusy and light.....and i think i almost like it better. the texture seems more able to soak into my skin and make it smoother faster. i don't think i've had any adverse reactions from this so far.....perhaps if people have an irritation it could be from the essential oils. i do have sensitive skin, but haven't really been bothered by this. all skins are different. however, with all that being said, this doesn't have an spf for the daytime, and i feel i should be using one everyday. i might put a little of this on first, then my lotion with spf afterwards. i'm still on my trial size and am not sure if i'd spring for the full size or not. but this is a quite lovely cream!

on 1/21/2008 2:28:00 AM

Oh my! what a disappointment!
I just bought Quince day cream, because my Rose light cream (which I absolutely love) was nearly over and unfortunately, Rose cream + cleansing cream are in shortage in greece as I found out... So, I decided to try the quince cream which is described here by MUA reviewers as a little heavier than rose cream light. Since my skin is dehydrated because of the cold weather I thought that it would be ok.

Well it's not. It gives me a sticky feeling on my face, which fortunately doesn't show on my skin after 10-15 minutes. But heaviness is not my real problem: irritation is. I have sensitive skin, that forms red patches around my nose and mouth if it's dehydrated or treated with something that it doesn't like. Apparently, it doesn't like quince cream. The minute I put it on, I feel a mild stinging which subsides later, but then, along with the sticky clogged feeling, I feel my skin tingling! So instead of calming my red skin, this cream makes it ever redder, itchy with a burning feeling. Judging by the smell of the cream, I would say that it's high on citric acids, which I cannot understand how can be considered as appropriate for sensitive, normal to dry skin. Definitely not recommended for sensitive, prone to redness skin! I'll go back to my rose light cream, as soon as the shortage is over. Until then, I'll use avene's anti-redness cream: didn't cure the redness last time I used it, but didn't irritate me either. That was 25 euros gone down the drain... Hope I can use it on my hands at least...

UPDATE: Now that my face face has calmed down (thanks to Rose Light Day Cream) I find I can wear Quince without giving me a tingle. It still accentuate my red spots though and is much greasier than rose light so I only wear it in the house or above Rose light now that it's really cold outside. Won't repurchase for sure.

on 12/6/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had a small tube of this inside one of the travel sets. I have been using it for the past three days now (today being day four). I like the texture of the product and I am pretty neutral as to what I feel the product "does for my skin". But I simply can not tolerate the scent of it. Its not like I dislike things with a scent to them (have you ever smelled Clarins Neck Cream? DIVINE) but the scent to me in this is borderline nauseating. And it LINGERS so I feel like the scent is overpowering. Would not purchase because I find the scent unpleasant. I will be using what is left of it today and moving on to my trial size of the Rose Day Cream starting tomorrow.

Popular Moisturizers