Ben Nye LiquiSet

Ben Nye LiquiSet

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

on 3/26/2003 6:48:00 AM

This is THE BEST eyeliner sealant. I've tried PD's Transformer, WTF?'s eye liner sealant and the BeneFit SheLaq and this is BY FAR the best sealant. I have oily lids and this is the only thing that I have come across that will help set my eyeliner. I use it with my eye shadows to use as a liner. I haven't tried using it over a pencil liner, but I'm sure it will work just as well. The big plus is that this stuff is really cheap! It was only $4.95 for a 2 oz bottle and this will last me forever!

on 3/26/2003 9:39:00 AM

The other post was spot on - this stuff is miraculous. If you mix it with a powder eyeshadow, it applies like a liquid shadow that absolutely will not budge - therefore it's great for cake eyeliner or using shadow as a liner (which is why I bought it). It also doesn't mess up your powder shadows like other sealants. Ben Nye & other theatrical brands are definitely great value for the money.

This is an amazing product. When I line w/ this product the shadow doesn't budge at all. It's practically indelible. This stuff works much better than visine, water, or contact solution. It's super cheap too. I got a 1 oz. bottle for less than $5. I'll buy this again and again. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another example of how Ben Nye outperforms and offers better value than some of the other stuff out there for 3, 4, 5x the price! Liquiset (I paid $3.50 for 1 oz., the most "expensive" in terms of price per ounce) is a liquid mixing agent & sealant which turns powders into paints (MAC Mixing Medium, anyone?). This works well with MAC Pigments and like loose powder shadows, pressed powders (eyeshadows & cake liners), and Ben Nye's Lumiere pressed and loose powders. One caveat: If you are mixing colours (2 Pigments, for example) mix the colours, *then* add Liqiset, as they won't blend on the skin.
At a recent MAC Pro event, I was told that the Mixing Medium would *only* be available from the Pro stores, and at $8.53/oz., I can hold off for awhile. Ben Nye products are available at theatrical supply stores, Makeupmania.com, and wyb.com.

on 6/30/2006 12:08:00 AM

I've repurchased this several times already, not because it doesn't last long, but because the packaging is rather awful and I've spilled it countless times. However, the product is wonderful, far better than Aromaleigh's Indelible Sealant, which is more expensive. I also use it on my eyebrows after applying brow powder, and it's wonderful. Definitely one of the most effective, cheapest products in my arsenal.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not bad as a mixing medium, but frankly i've had great success with Murine Natural Tears (yes - eyedrops!!) mixed with MAC pigments or MAC Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow or UrbanDecay eyeshadow or Almay eyeshadow. BenNye has worked with all of these as well but: only one sweep can be applied to eyelid. If i need to add more, it gets patchy colour bits on my eyelid = unhappy me. i went to MAC for the water-based mixing medium, only to be told i had to go to the Pro Store. Was in 'hood of Hiscott's and found this instead! Waaaay cheaper (cost me $8). i put some pigment into a sample jar, then i pour a bit of the BenNye Liquiset - mix and apply w/ a brush = lovely! Easy application! Easy mixing! Vibrant colour! No irritation. No allergic reaction.That being said, the only real diff b/w eyedrops vs. BenNye is: mixing Pigment with eyedrops gives an odd lumpy texture but i can always smooth that out and add more, so i'll repurchase my Eyedrops and won't repurchase BenNye. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I tried and tried. I used it with powders, cake liners, and eyeshadows. Can't make this work for me. It ended up flaking off. Eyedrop and powder mixture worked better for me, too.

on 5/24/2009 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a medium for eyeliner. I would like to say that IME it's *not* waterproof...I've painted it on my hand and dripped water on it to test and it ran...but it doesn't smudge on my lashline at all. I've never had a problem with it coming off in strips or flaking or anything like that. I haven't tried it as a medium for wet shadow application...I would imagine that it would be hard to blend, so I just haven't gone there :P But for liner, it's great!