Ben Nye LiquiSet

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Ben Nye LiquiSet

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

on 6/27/2012 11:27:00 AM

A lot of people seem to be trying to use this as a liquid medium for eyeshadows and eyeliners. I have always used the spray version of this, and was never under the impression that it was meant to be used for eye makeup. What I use it for is sealing water based foundation or concealer on some scars on my legs. It makes it so the makeup doesn't budge.

I have a feeling that it was not meant for eye makeup but for spritzing over your finished makeup.

It's inexpensive and effective. You can find it at costume shops for around $7. Will last a long time.

on 7/17/2006 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! what am I doing wrong here? I can't get this stuff to work for anything! I have tried this with Mac pigments, 5 various etailer pigments, and a wide assortment of pressed shadows. I have gotten the same results everytime....streaky, cakey balled up mess! I have tried it with and without primer and I have tried it thin and thick. I usually put a bit of pigment in a dish....dip a brush in liquiset until it's wet and mix whatever is on the brush with the pigment and apply. First stroke is streaking and when I brush over to try to blend it balls up and gets even more streaky. I haven't tried is using it to line since I like a smudgy dry line. I also haven't tried brushing it on top to seal since I use and love ben nye final seal for this purpose and I was looking for a mixing medium to replace plain water. I think for now I'll just stick with water since it does the job well enough for me. I paid pocket change for this little bottle and it was worth at least trying it out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to mix with my eyeshadows to make them last longer when wearing them. I have found that you only have to use a *tiny* bit in order to get this to work correctly. If you use too much it tends to make your eyeshadow streak and look awful. It also can ball up. Gross.

EDIT: I have been using this as a mixer for eyeshadows to create a liner and it is AWESOME. My liner stays on for hours with very little smudging. I want more of this!

on 4/23/2005 4:21:00 PM

I have tried MAC mixing medium (water based) and Benefit SheLaq and I would have to say that Ben Nye Liquiset has the same consistancy as MAC mixing medium but it's a lot cheaper. I paid 3.50$ for 1 oz. Like the other reviewers noted, you can't mix this directly with pressed eye shadows because it will change the consistancy of them but I mostly use this for my Bare Escentuals glimmers which are loose or my MAC pigments. I take a glass bowl and mix them in that. The only drawback for me is that the Ben Nye liquiset just has a screw on cap, and you can't just pour it out because the opening is huge. You can't double dip the brush so before hand I take some out and lay it out in a seperate bowl but I have to work kind of quick. The price is amazing since you're going to pay at least 5-10X the amount for another brand name and the 1 oz size should last me a good 2 or 3 years.

on 4/21/2004 1:07:00 PM

I use this with LORAC cream eyeliners and get a perfect, precise line that does not smudge or move until I take it off. It's unbelievably inexpensive and at the rate I use it, the smallest bottle will literally last my lifetime.