Ben Nye LiquiSet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Ben Nye LiquiSet

4.5

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

on 6/27/2012 11:27:00 AM

A lot of people seem to be trying to use this as a liquid medium for eyeshadows and eyeliners. I have always used the spray version of this, and was never under the impression that it was meant to be used for eye makeup. What I use it for is sealing water based foundation or concealer on some scars on my legs. It makes it so the makeup doesn't budge.

I have a feeling that it was not meant for eye makeup but for spritzing over your finished makeup.

It's inexpensive and effective. You can find it at costume shops for around $7. Will last a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love Liquiset. The bottle lasts forever. I use it when using eyeshadows to line.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Overall, this is an ok sealer. It's not amazing, but it's better than others I've tried. I bought the 2fl oz for $7 at my local theatre store. I've been using it for quite a few months and have barely made a dent in the bottle. The cap can make using it a little messy, but it came with a little stopper on the inside, which is great for transporting. Like I said, it's not my HG sealer, but it'll do until I run out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Granted, I've only used this product one time but I really like it. I bought it to use with my Bye Nye Cake Liner I had been using with another mixing medium.

I decided to use LiquiSet as a eyeshadow primer by dabbing a small drop from the brush onto my finger and applying it all over my lid. I allowed it to dry a bit before adding the pressed shadow because I figured that once the shadow and liquid dried together, it would be hard to blend.I applied the shadows from the brow down and did not need to do any touch up. Very pleased with the results.

I had done a swatch test against UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Ben Nye LiquiSet was the last to rub off when I used pressure and a wash cloth.

on 5/24/2009 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a medium for eyeliner. I would like to say that IME it's *not* waterproof...I've painted it on my hand and dripped water on it to test and it ran...but it doesn't smudge on my lashline at all. I've never had a problem with it coming off in strips or flaking or anything like that. I haven't tried it as a medium for wet shadow application...I would imagine that it would be hard to blend, so I just haven't gone there :P But for liner, it's great!

on 4/23/2005 4:21:00 PM

I have tried MAC mixing medium (water based) and Benefit SheLaq and I would have to say that Ben Nye Liquiset has the same consistancy as MAC mixing medium but it's a lot cheaper. I paid 3.50$ for 1 oz. Like the other reviewers noted, you can't mix this directly with pressed eye shadows because it will change the consistancy of them but I mostly use this for my Bare Escentuals glimmers which are loose or my MAC pigments. I take a glass bowl and mix them in that. The only drawback for me is that the Ben Nye liquiset just has a screw on cap, and you can't just pour it out because the opening is huge. You can't double dip the brush so before hand I take some out and lay it out in a seperate bowl but I have to work kind of quick. The price is amazing since you're going to pay at least 5-10X the amount for another brand name and the 1 oz size should last me a good 2 or 3 years.

on 9/6/2004 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Best liner/shadow fixative I've used so far. Lightweight and stays on until you wash it off, the 4 oz bottle I bought should last forever (poured some into a refillable dropper bottle).

on 4/21/2004 1:07:00 PM

I use this with LORAC cream eyeliners and get a perfect, precise line that does not smudge or move until I take it off. It's unbelievably inexpensive and at the rate I use it, the smallest bottle will literally last my lifetime.

Popular Eyes Products