Ben Nye LiquiSet

Ben Nye LiquiSet

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

on 6/27/2012 11:27:00 AM

A lot of people seem to be trying to use this as a liquid medium for eyeshadows and eyeliners. I have always used the spray version of this, and was never under the impression that it was meant to be used for eye makeup. What I use it for is sealing water based foundation or concealer on some scars on my legs. It makes it so the makeup doesn't budge.

I have a feeling that it was not meant for eye makeup but for spritzing over your finished makeup.

It's inexpensive and effective. You can find it at costume shops for around $7. Will last a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love Liquiset. The bottle lasts forever. I use it when using eyeshadows to line.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Overall, this is an ok sealer. It's not amazing, but it's better than others I've tried. I bought the 2fl oz for $7 at my local theatre store. I've been using it for quite a few months and have barely made a dent in the bottle. The cap can make using it a little messy, but it came with a little stopper on the inside, which is great for transporting. Like I said, it's not my HG sealer, but it'll do until I run out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Granted, I've only used this product one time but I really like it. I bought it to use with my Bye Nye Cake Liner I had been using with another mixing medium.

I decided to use LiquiSet as a eyeshadow primer by dabbing a small drop from the brush onto my finger and applying it all over my lid. I allowed it to dry a bit before adding the pressed shadow because I figured that once the shadow and liquid dried together, it would be hard to blend.I applied the shadows from the brow down and did not need to do any touch up. Very pleased with the results.

I had done a swatch test against UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Ben Nye LiquiSet was the last to rub off when I used pressure and a wash cloth.

on 5/24/2009 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a medium for eyeliner. I would like to say that IME it's *not* waterproof...I've painted it on my hand and dripped water on it to test and it ran...but it doesn't smudge on my lashline at all. I've never had a problem with it coming off in strips or flaking or anything like that. I haven't tried it as a medium for wet shadow application...I would imagine that it would be hard to blend, so I just haven't gone there :P But for liner, it's great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This peeled and flaked off on me and I had to throw it away, good thing it was cheap. I want to try MUFEs eye seal next...using visine eye drops is not cutting it, lol!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I tried and tried. I used it with powders, cake liners, and eyeshadows. Can't make this work for me. It ended up flaking off. Eyedrop and powder mixture worked better for me, too.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not bad as a mixing medium, but frankly i've had great success with Murine Natural Tears (yes - eyedrops!!) mixed with MAC pigments or MAC Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow or UrbanDecay eyeshadow or Almay eyeshadow. BenNye has worked with all of these as well but: only one sweep can be applied to eyelid. If i need to add more, it gets patchy colour bits on my eyelid = unhappy me. i went to MAC for the water-based mixing medium, only to be told i had to go to the Pro Store. Was in 'hood of Hiscott's and found this instead! Waaaay cheaper (cost me $8). i put some pigment into a sample jar, then i pour a bit of the BenNye Liquiset - mix and apply w/ a brush = lovely! Easy application! Easy mixing! Vibrant colour! No irritation. No allergic reaction.That being said, the only real diff b/w eyedrops vs. BenNye is: mixing Pigment with eyedrops gives an odd lumpy texture but i can always smooth that out and add more, so i'll repurchase my Eyedrops and won't repurchase BenNye. continued >>

on 1/20/2007 9:07:00 PM

I really, really wanted this at first, and then I bought it and was not impressed. I thought that this would truly hold my eyeshadow in place, but alas, it did not. I purchased it in the "snap cap" bottle (like shampoo and conditioner bottles, only smaller). The packaging made it inconvenient to use. DO NOT mix this into pressed eyeshadows, the liquiset will ruin then. I mostly used the Liquiset for loose pigments. I tried mixing a little pigment w/ this, and then using it, but the result always flaked and easily rubbed off with water. Blending was also difficult. I tried different techniques to use this, but the results were always the same. But I suppose this is better than nothing...

on 7/17/2006 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! what am I doing wrong here? I can't get this stuff to work for anything! I have tried this with Mac pigments, 5 various etailer pigments, and a wide assortment of pressed shadows. I have gotten the same results everytime....streaky, cakey balled up mess! I have tried it with and without primer and I have tried it thin and thick. I usually put a bit of pigment in a dish....dip a brush in liquiset until it's wet and mix whatever is on the brush with the pigment and apply. First stroke is streaking and when I brush over to try to blend it balls up and gets even more streaky. I haven't tried is using it to line since I like a smudgy dry line. I also haven't tried brushing it on top to seal since I use and love ben nye final seal for this purpose and I was looking for a mixing medium to replace plain water. I think for now I'll just stick with water since it does the job well enough for me. I paid pocket change for this little bottle and it was worth at least trying it out.